• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Side Project - rerendering Mattb325 BSC BAT Props Vol01

Started by mattb325, October 22, 2011, 07:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

trust me I keepin an eye  :thumbsup:the projects progress and anticipating its lex release too... so don't judge the 'postings' too literally... :P ;)

TiFlo

Wow. I just realized you were working on that. This is fantastic! Even though the originals were already a favourite of mine, I can't wait to see these babies pop up all over my land.

:)

jmyers2043

Quote from: vortext on March 21, 2012, 12:00:27 PM
On a side note, I don't recognize this red tree. Is it yours? 

Matt is lettng the cat out of the bag  ??? ?    :D 
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mattb325

Thankyou for the responses, it's not that I was dis-heartened - more unsure if there was any interest...to some of the questions/responses:

Toxicpiano: not too many people use custom foundations. I have many in my own collection and have used them for years, but for this pack decided to release them. CP and Jmyers are both past-masters at using custom foundations, and their work really shines as a result.

jmdude1: thanks - with occupant numbers assigned in pim-x, it is actually quite a deal easier to get decent suburban areas

Lach77: thankyou for the link....pure gold. I live near many of those streets, so it will provide a good deal of inspiration, to not only add a couple of houses to this pack, but I was struggling with finding some high wealth candidates for the other Maxis replacement project...this looks like it will help immensely. With the Belmont Rd houses, the brown one with green roof is to replace the original at the top left - it was a very peculiar shade  ::) The corner model is slightly more muted than the original, and the cream version is lighter - but bear in mind, the details don't quite 'pop' as much because the models are correct scale (i.e. 50% smaller).

ScottFTL thanks - these should hopefully b ready within a month or so.

Vortext and JMyers2043 Thanks - let me say that 30-40% of the flora on each of these lots is mine, 50-60% is CPs and 1% is Simgoobers....and of course, as this is a Bat thread, not all is released yet.  ;)

Jack Thanks - I can always count on your comments

TiFlo I hope you enjoy the new models more than the originals ()stsfd()

Next change is Reussdale house. Again, this one was only ever released at PEGs back in '06 or so. The original lots to jog your memory:

And the new version:

2x3 and 3x3 lot. The 3x3 has been restricted so that it does not grow on high-density (one thing I always hate is when I zone for an apartment and lots of low density houses pop up)

Jack_wilds

Reussdale house v2 is much improved... as I have the 'original' peg version and it rarely showed up, plus wasn't enamored with its scale and color... the same for the 'charmed house' and the northcote... it will fit into all the JB, spa, scaled as well as the rest of your house packs... it will make the neighborhoods look better... always willing to comment, even if there isn't anything to nit-pick about...

jmyers2043

Hey Matt

Quote from: mattb325 on March 22, 2012, 03:08:59 PM
..  as this is a Bat thread, not all is released yet ...

Perfect! Love it! I laughed out loud. Read it again and ... boy ... that was a good belly chuckle. 

Take Care - Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Girafe

I really like your cottage models and lots. The only thing I am not confident with is the size of the trees and few trees models which are "fake"

Keep the good work  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lowkee33

just wanted to give another thumbs up for the custom foundations  :thumbsup:

It is all looking very nice.

mattb325

Thankyou guys

Next up is the low-wealth cascade....this is a little trickier to lot given that it has an attached garage and therefore needs a ramp. Both of the cascade models are in a building family.

First is the 2x3 lots (you can also see the rear of the 1x2 as the step down the hill):

Next, the 2x2, 1x2 and 2x1s

Lach77

Quote from: mattb325

Lach77: thankyou for the link....pure gold. I live near many of those streets, so it will provide a good deal of inspiration, to not only add a couple of houses to this pack, but I was struggling with finding some high wealth candidates for the other Maxis replacement project...this looks like it will help immensely. With the Belmont Rd houses, the brown one with green roof is to replace the original at the top left - it was a very peculiar shade  ::) The corner model is slightly more muted than the original, and the cream version is lighter - but bear in mind, the details don't quite 'pop' as much because the models are correct scale (i.e. 50% smaller).

That's true I forgot about the scaling - and nice work on the low wealth houses - they look far better then than the maxis low wealth houses (not that that is hard) :)

This project is good timing for me cause I don't want to progress my region too much further until these BATs are ready and the new RHW mod is out.
In the meantime Wing Commander Saga will fill in the gaps for me.

Girafe

Really interesting houses and what a nice lotting  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Swordmaster

Quote from: mattb325 on March 22, 2012, 03:08:59 PM
Thankyou for the responses, it's not that I was dis-heartened - more unsure if there was any interest...

Don't ever doubt that sir, this project is much needed and anticipated. I especially like the flora on these new lots.

Cheers,
Willy

vortext

Looking forward to create some nice suburbs up the hills  :thumbsup:

Did you make seasonal models for the flora? You know why I'm asking, right? ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Thanks guys for the comments  :)

Lach77 - I hope I can get these out soonish - the target date is end of April/early May
Vortext, the seasonal flora isn't by me ;)

A bit of new lot work

Little Riley Street

There are also 1x1s which I am testing (not shown) at the moment the foundation stairs can overhang onto the street (which is due to how the game treats foundations - almost like props: if you look closely some foundation instances actually receive shadows from the objects around them) and I'm not 100% sure of it just yet. Of course I can restrict the slope, but that can have unintended consequenses....I may also change the fences/gates on the 1x2 lots prior to release.

Bristol 2x2 and 2x3

Also 1x2 and diagonals are yet to be shown. All the buildings are in families; as are most of the props, so it will give quite reasonable variations.

vester

Great work Matt.

Not sure about the skylights on Little Riley Street. A bit to bright I would say.

Lowkee33

Quote from: mattb325 on April 02, 2012, 03:49:58 PMif you look closely some foundation instances actually receive shadows from the objects around them

Interesting.

Yeah, foundations can be a little stupid, especially driveways.  However, even being slow they make a whole lot more sense than if the garage just ended.

For the foundations with stairs right next to the driveway, maybe connect them and put greenery there.

I better get my act together for May :)

namspopof

STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

Mulu2065

What the hell Mattb?
If I still had any doubts on playing SC4 they're gone now. Your already amazing work is getting even "awesomer"?
This all looks stunning and the slopes, we can build these on hills now? As soon as these come out I think I may be addicted to SC4 again, because this is too good to miss out on!

This is all VERY beautiful and I look forward to it!!! &apls

Keep up the great work, I can't believe it!

EDIT: I'm just wonderinhg:

Are you also doing this to the one story and two story houses that came along with the Bristol? I twould be nice, I'm just really excited about all of this.

Also, are you re-rendering all of the catalog houses like Newark American Stick etc...?
It would be awesome as hell. I wouldn't care if you didn;t because the re-rendered houses and previous bats you shown us are so amazing.
I can't wait to use these and just wondered if the houses like Minnetanka and Hickory too will be redone? It would be great.

I would just love to see Cottages Ornee 1 &2 to be updated like this, but only if you want?

Thanks

Jack_wilds

Its getting even more exciting with the new developments  :thumbsup:... it teases the anticipation... :P  :)