• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New MapRequest

Started by MTT9, January 25, 2010, 02:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTT9

Hi everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone would be kind to make a map for me because i don't know how to make a greyscale or any other type of map.
This particular map is pretty big, once in game it would be 42x21 large tiles. If you want to see it follow this link
Also, some mountains and stuff should be added but the basic shape is there.
If anyone can help me, i would be really thankfull,
Matt
You can call me Matt

mightygoose

that map is significantly larger than anything anyone has ever been able to get to work in simcity. you say you don't know to make a greyscale map yet you already have a simple one.,simply add lighter shades where you want things to be higher and smooth accordingly. no one is going to just finish your map because you cannot be bothered.

1st try a smaller region 16x16 is about as big as they get ( i use 14x10).

2nd check out my city journal [linkie], on pages 1, 2 & 3 are explanations on how greyscale mapping works.

3rd start a mapping thread in the relevant part of the site, then have a go yourself, where others can help you through the process.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MTT9

Thanks mightygoose, i'll try with a smaller map. A read to your CJ (which is awesome by the way). Would you mind telling me how you blend the different colors to avoid cliffs and get those smoth mountains?
Matt
You can call me Matt

mightygoose

use the smudge tool with a very feathered edge and just work them in.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....