• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ML Railway Modds and NAM 2010

Started by ebina, May 11, 2010, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

hkboondoggle

Sorry for bumping the thread people. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm currently having an issue with Moonlinght san's 新和風高架鉄道MOD [zzzzzzz ML JPN EL Rail MOD n-texture]. As a picture speaks a thousand words, so may I display  "$Deal"$ :

I'm using NAM v30 + Hotfix Package 301, which is installed under a directory of:
C:\Users\Hkboondoggle\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod

The installation directory of Moonlinght san's 新幹線MOD & 新和風高架鉄道MOD locate at:
C:\Users\Hkboondoggle\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\zz_NAM 3rd Party Addon\zzzz ML Shinkansen MOD For NAM August 2010;
and
C:\Users\Hkboondoggle\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\zz_NAM 3rd Party Addon\zzzzzzz ML JPN EL Rail MOD n-texture
respectively.

That means the 新和風高架鉄道MOD should be loaded after the NAM & Shinkansen MOD, as stated in the Readme by Moonlinght san. In that case, can anyone help pointing out what had gone wrong? Thanks.

louistsw

You may need to take out other ELR Catenary mod.
Your picture show that you have this mod made by Plunder in your plugins.. :P
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

hkboondoggle

Yup, the ELR Catenary mod seems to be the root of my problem. Just tried out the game with the mod removed & the graphic glitch of Moonlinght san's mod was disappeared. Thanks for pointing out Louis, much obliged!  :thumbsup:

bryanwong

Hi, sorry for the two month bump, but I'm not able to find a download link on his blog.... I've been going through his blog post by post and haven't seen a download button.... ever... Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

moonlinght

@bryanwong

Hello :)
Visit My blog...Scroll down
If you want to overwrite monorail.

Similarly, if you want to overwrite el-rail...try again Scroll down

Find the same picture, please download :thumbsup:

art128

moonlinght-sempai, I have a problem with your houses, the 4*4 lots.

some months ago they would have grown like mushrooms everywhere, but since some time, I don't have any more of them. And that's not the only problem, the texture of the streets in the lot suddenly disappeared.

I have it in my plugin folder, as well as all the dependencies.

Props & Texture Catalog

moonlinght

Hello art128-dono $%#Ninj2

Quote from: art128 on June 29, 2012, 05:35:15 AM
moonlinght-sempai, I have a problem with your houses, the 4*4 lots.
My overwrite R$$$ Lots ()what()

This Lots?

Please check whether there is a texture 0xff094200-0xff094204 in the ML Texture.
If you do not find the texture, please re-download :thumbsup:

However, because the texture disappeared  only 4 * 4 lots, there might be other causes &ops

art128

こんばんは Moonlinght-sempai

yee, these are the lots that have this problem.

So, I re-downloaded the ML textures file, as well as the houses again.. Stangly, they still doesn't seems to appear in my cities. I've run two cities for a long ingame-time, and still nothing is growing. I've set the architecture style to Europe only, as every Japanese building seems to be in this category.

I really have no idea what that problem/bug is..

Props & Texture Catalog

moonlinght

Hello art128-sensei :)

Please try  &idea
Only "my R$$$ house" and "ML texture" in your plugin folder. And then, can you find that texture?
=> check texture

Next, Assuming you can find it.
Please to plug the MOD you are using usually.                   => check texture

3rd.
Please to plug BATs and PROP you are using usually.          => check texture

4th.
Please to plug texture you are using usually.                     => check texture

Please tell me the number when the texture was disappear ;)

art128

So, I tried the first, and nothing at all. None of your lots appear. Nothing is growing except maxis' houses. And this with only ML textures and ML R$$$ houses in the plugin folder. ( i checked both my documents and steam folder, nothing more than your plugins.)

Here's the test tile I've made, running two years in game, nothing from ML R$$$ is appearing..

Props & Texture Catalog

moonlinght

I changed the value of the setting. Please download again and try it :thumbsup:

art128

Okay.

So, first try with the modified one, seems like the 4*6 is growing nicely.

I've been invaded by the maxis houses, so I just put in the plugins the BSC block maxis buildings ( set as no Commercial and no Residential) as well as the yellow pause thingy removal (because it made some graphic glitch when moving in-game) and the plopmatic9000 ( to boost the RCI demand)

Nothing more seems to grow on the other zones. ( I used one of each size as per the description of your houses.)

But something interesting is showing just right now!

When i get back in game, the texture on the ground of the 4*6 lot was gone and a swimming pool prop appeared randomly.

So, Tried to remove one by one the mods I put in the plugins

- First being the plopmatic9000 to be removed. Nothing change, the same texture problem is still here, the swimming pool as well, but nothing more is growing. None of your lots seems to grow.

- Lets move to the next mod as well. Being the yellow pause thingy remover. Remaining in my plugin folder the ML textures, ML R$$$ houses, and the BSC block maxis buildings.
Same thing, nothing changed, the bug is still here, the swimming pool prop as well, and nothing is growing.

- Now, I'm going to remove the last remaining mod from the plugins, the BSC Block maxis buildings.

Now this is becoming interesting.

the 4*6 houses are back, textures are normal, and the Swimming pool prop is gone, it's all good.
Houses on the 4*5 lot are growing as well.

Seeing some remaining maxis houses, I decided to put all the taxes of the R$$ and R$ to20% ( the maximum) and 1% for the R$$$

Houses on the 4*3 lot grows.
Houses on the 3*4 lot as well.
And after some time a 4*4 lot finally appeared!
But, no houses from the ML R$$$ are growing on the smallest lots.

Well, seeing the problem is gone, I'm going to try to put the previous mods one by one. Started by Plopmatic9000, then yellow pause thingy removal, and finally Block maxis building.

- Growing all nicely and without any problem with the plopmatic9000 inside the plugins. So it was not this mod.

- Alright, time to add the yellow pause thingy removal mod. Growing good without problems.

- Now I'm going to add the last of the three mods. BSC Block Maxis Buildings.

Now, now, what do we have here? The textures are gone.

Well, it looks like there is a conflict between the BSC No maxis building and ML R$$$ Houses. I don't know if it's just on my computer, if it's because my game is in the Steam Library, but there is a problem somewhere... But you say these are over write ? That means they over write the Maxis houses? if so, maybe it's because of that the textures are missing with the BSC no maxis?

On another subject, I have three questions for you.

In the picture below, you have a nice smooth curve for the EL rail.. is it part of one of your mods?

On the picture below is more of a request than anything. If you have some time, do you think you can make some add-on for your canal set? such as diagonal T and X crossing, as well as orthogonal T and X, and maybe some bridges for pedestrian. It's if you have time, nothing is urgent from here. ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

jdenm8

I'd say that whatever Maxis property that the blocker uses is used in the Exemplars for these LOTs. Probably the Parent Cohort was preserved in the clone.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

moonlinght

My R$$$ Lot will overwrite the low-rise R$$$ of Maxis ;)
Sorry... &ops I have forgot to write 4x4 Lot. Therefore, they will overwrite 4x5, 4x6, 3x4, 4x3, 4x4, 3x3, 3x2, 2x3, 2x2 MAXIS Lots.

Since my Lots overwrites the R$$$ house of MAXIS, they replaced the texture when use BSC block maxis buildings MOD. At the same time, growth is inhibited by BSC block maxis buildings MOD. And, I think random swimming pool is something due to the impact of Exemplar files contained in the "BSC block maxis buildings MOD" &Thk/(

Quote from: art128 on July 06, 2012, 07:34:40 AM
On another subject, I have three questions for you.

In the picture below, you have a nice smooth curve for the EL rail.. is it part of one of your mods?

This is my Shinkansen MOD(monorail). I made modifications to RUL file of NAM because I wanted 90-degree curve and 45-dgree curve, S-curve ;)

Quote from: art128 on July 06, 2012, 07:34:40 AM
On the picture below is more of a request than anything. If you have some time, do you think you can make some add-on for your canal set? such as diagonal T and X crossing, as well as orthogonal T and X, and maybe some bridges for pedestrian. It's if you have time, nothing is urgent from here. ;)

Sorry. I accidentally deleted that model files. So I can't make it &ops

art128

Hmm, I see. Then I'll un-block the R$$$ files so I can have your houses. Thanks guys!

No problem about the canal, I'll do with the pieces we have. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

moonlinght

I am making a Shinkansen station now ;) Station name is JR Utsunomiya Station. This station is Shinkansen Station which actually exists.

However, Since the performance of my PC is not good, rendering may not be able to execute &mmm

Girafe

Looks very interesting

if you are no able to export it we could do it for you.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Damn you.

I was playing SC4. Decided to take a break and go on SC4D, then I see that! Now i want to finish my station as well !

Excellent work my friend, lovely details.

Props & Texture Catalog