• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diamond District {Updated September 23rd, 2009}

Started by BuildingUp, July 31, 2009, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuildingUp

Sorry for no update. Here's another teaser. More to come. :)

By the year 2013, Diamond City had undergone many major changes. Many farmers had moved to other nearby towns and cities, and towers in the cities heart were becoming abandoned. The cities overall infrastructure was hanging on by a thread, but this was to change in the years to come. New technologies were being developed and had been developed since the late 2000's, and the early start of the 2010's saw a new era of technological progress that the District and the world had never yet seen before. Talk of nanotechnology by the end of the decade for farmers spurred new growth and hope to bring back farming to the city, and soon. New ways to engineer crops so that to feed more people. And finally workable sources of alternative energies to power this future. The future looked brighter than ever for the city, and for the District.

BuildingUp

:Comments:

Battlecat;

Much appreciated, thanks! :)

Tomas Neto;

Thank you! :)

Glowbal;

Thanks! :)

I apologize for not updating sooner. I won't make any excuses. Here's update 6. :)

:Update 6: :Diamond City: :Boom or Bust in the 2010's:

By Mid 2013, Diamond City had begun to demolish a majority of it's abandoning real estate. The city center however, was still going strong. Seen here, there is no lack of greenery or shopping. The ultimate goal put forth by the city planning commission is to widen the roads here into avenues to ease up traffic and allow larger construction in the years to follow.

Here's a good example of an old block of buildings that no longer harbor any residents. In this picture, they have been marked to show the exact location of the demolition. The nearby buildings should not sustain any damage. This is part of an effort to clean visibility between the Opera House and the Stock Exchange.

BOOM! PEW PEW PEW! Er, My apologies. Anyhow, now that these buildings are gone, the city planner's have decided that 2 large parks and some smaller housing can be placed here. In this way, there will be less noise between the two points of interest. (The Opera House and the Stock Exchange)

Finally in September of 2013, the project is complete. Residents from nearby now can enjoy the Opera and then enjoy the nearby parks and water features, and the new residents can also enjoy the close by Opera House. The Real Estate Agent's can now use it as a "perk" even. Well I guess if you ignore Stevie McGeorge's opinion on it, that is.

That concludes this update. Thanks for viewing! :)

Also, as just a special thank you, thanks for viewing and commenting guys. I appreciate it a lot. 1,000 views and up to page 3. It's more than I could ask for just starting out here. Thanks. Hopefully the next update will be sooner, and larger.

sumwonyuno

The Tri-Tip Tower that you demolished actually was dilapidated in your teaser shot.  Hmm, it also seems that the demolishers took down that office tower next to the Opera House as well.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

djvandrake

Love that rooftop deck in your first pic, and your color saturation is nice.  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Looking good!  Those parks are a good addition to the neighbourhood!