• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railway pictures

Started by MR.Y, July 08, 2011, 03:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Quote from: threestooges on January 18, 2013, 10:20:10 AM
Raphael, that first one is great. Where were you standing to get that sort of shot of a yard?
Thanks. This is the Central Station in my hometown Mainz in Germany. I shot it from the end of the longest platform with a telezooom lens.

I think I may have to shuffle through a few of my recent ones to post here.
-Matt
That would be great. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

WC_EEND

A broken Fyra train (those living in Belgium and the Netherlands will know what I mean) next to an old pile of garbage which passes as a train over here. Picture taken in Brussel-Zuid/Bruxelles-Midi

AM96 to the airport at dark o'hundred.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Swordmaster

Nice pictures, Xander. That Fyra is a real scandal. They knew months ago it wasn't going to work.

The Classic, on the other hand, is a real killer. Did you know the design is pre-WW2? These things just don't break down. A little less comfortable, but it runs 365 days a year. . .

Cheers
Willy

vester

Quote from: WC_EEND on January 20, 2013, 06:53:28 AM

A broken Fyra train (those living in Belgium and the Netherlands will know what I mean)

Another train from AnsaldoBreda. We have our problems as well here in Denmark.
The IC4 train was scheduled to enter intercity service in 2003.
Now ten years after, they still have got all the trains from AnsaldoBreda and the trains is not running in full service.

Still haven't seen a IC4 train in service. Seen some at a maintenance centre.
I run past the raillines just outside Copenhagen central station 1-2 times a week.

The Copenhagen Metro also got the trains ect from AnsaldoBreda. It took a long time before they started running reliable.

WC_EEND

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 20, 2013, 06:59:42 AM
The Classic, on the other hand, is a real killer. Did you know the design is pre-WW2? These things just don't break down. A little less comfortable, but it runs 365 days a year. . .
Cheers
Willy

Yes I do actually, and the fact that they are still running today proves that they were extremely well built. My main issue with them is mainly from a comfort point of view (have you seen the toilet on those trains? trust me, it's not a nice place to be when you're sick) and the fact that I've seen them run at times on the IC Luik-Oostende (which I think you will agree, these trains are not quite fit for anymore) and they regularly run airport services to/from Brussels, which doesn't really give incoming tourists a very positive image of Belgium (unless they are train lovers).

And Vester, our Fyra trains arrived 5 years late and were full of technical problems from day one. Last week, when one train running from Brussels to Amsterdam lost a grille from the bottom of the train, our railway overwatch office decided they had enough and banned the usage of the trains until the NMBS can prove the trains are sufficiently reliable and safe for passenger useage. Tomorrow the NMBS will decide wether they will still take the 3 trains they had on order or not.

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

RickD

That is a very unusual looking train. I'll be in Bruxelles for a couple of days next week, maybe I'll get a chance to see some more belgian trains.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Swordmaster

Yes, it looks a bit like that dragon in Neverending Story.

That's where the comparison ends, though. It could use some magical powers.

Xander, I fully agree on the comfort issue, but it's a fact that the more modern material gets introduced, the lower the punctuality of our trains. Electronics and computers don't do well when it's raining, snowing, freezing, or when it's too hot or too humid. In short, almost never. I've always prefered driving the older junk, even if it's a lot more spartan. My favorite engine was the type 23, which had a kitchen stool for chair and no isolation whatsoever. But it ran, any time. Now it's phased out and you see the results.

Cheers
Willy

WC_EEND

I think the Fyra looks a bit like the front of a Peugeot, it has that the same gaping mouth.

I've heard there were/are some problems with both the Desiros and HLE18 on introduction but as far as I know, most of these run reliably now (especially the HLE18's, I see about 6 of them per hour passing by my window), the Desiros I barely see because they usually don't make it up to Gent.
Still, the Fyra has set a new low with regards to reliablility and teething issues (which are normal, but this is quite extraordinary).

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

Serkanner

Last year in July I have been to Romania. This is a picture taken in Timisoara.

kelis

Hello my friends;

Today I want to share with all of you two videos (Created by Pablo Casanova in youtube) where you can see the beautiful landscape that we have in Galicia, here in these two videos you will see the beautiful railway lines between the mountains and the rivers Sil and MiƱo. I took this trip several times and I got to say it's a fantastic experience, with a beautiful views.

The video has been created in Lugo and Ourense (Where I live right now) two of the four provinces of
Galicia - Spain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yep9D8bIHpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYegMugo-A&list=TL7Zq8gOzLs2U

I hope you like it !!

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||