• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi Art,

The station is coming along really nicely! Looks great!

Quote from: art128 on December 27, 2020, 01:08:09 PM

What's the easiest, or rather correct method to rename props? I'm not satisfied with how I've named my car props and I'm looking into re-arranging it.

If you are using PIM-X then in the left pannel click onto the Prop menu tree (main PIM side, not the lot editor side) find your props (right top panel) and click one of them, then in the rightt bottom field with double click edit the Prop Examplar name, hit OK, then save it. If you gave additional Item name, you can edit those as well, but that actually doesn't matter, because for LOT Editor and X-LE the prop examplar name matters only. The item name would be viewable ingame. That's the fastest and safest name editing method. I did it with thousands of props for the Heretic Essentials.
If you want to change the MODEL name, that's when you need the Reader. In the sc4model file among the FSH and S3D properties you would find one or more XML properties (editing this one is better with newer readers, but I think it works with the old v0.93 version as well). Click onto the xml property and in the text box in the right panel find and edit the model name, then save it with the small floppy icon which can be found at the top of this editor panel (it's not the main save/save as... icon on the left top corner of the main window!!!!). At the end, before you hit the main save/save as... floppy you have to reindex and rebuild the directory file in the middle panel with right click option on the list of properties (xml, s3d, fsh). IF you already DATpacked your models with the regular DATpacker (and not with Jdatpacker), then you will not find this XML file.

- Tyberius

Edit: right top and bottom fields instead of left...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

Thanks for the advises. Took me a few days but I was able to properly rename the props.

I've been working a bit on the Station. Again not much but still enough to show a picture or two.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Quick update:

I've uploaded a fixed model for the Tokyo building 1 I made back in 2013. The original model had a broken s3d at a certain zoom and angle. It is now fixed to a degree i consider good enough.

You can find it here: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=4044

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Here is a little update on Tampere Station.

I decided to go for a standard width platform.

Tomorrow I will try to add more details to the platforms like lamp posts, signs. And possibly make the roof junk.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

The progress is looking great (and the standard width platforms look good + they will save you a ton of modding work!) ;D

art128

Thanks Matt and everyone for the likes.

I need your help guys.

For days now I've been running into Error code 8 when trying to export a BAT in 3dsmax.

From what I could read, it seem to be " Error #8 - Error rotating export nodes. "

What I've tried so far:

-Export the model and import into a new file
-run 3dsmax as administrator
-try on another machine and do both of above
Nothing is helping. I'm using 3dsmax 2016 on Windows 10.

I haven't tried re-installing BAT4Max and the fixes yet.

Now that's just me putting a tinfoil hat on but I have a strong suspicion that windows 10 is doing it. It's not the first time that for some reason randomly it decide to not launch 3dsmax as admin.

It's getting seriously frustrating. If anyone has some help that would be greatly appreciated.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

I can propose you to try it on my setup if you are willing to share the .max and let's see how it works.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Thanks Antoine, I've sent you a PM with the link.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

I love your Tampere Station more and more!  :thumbsup: and I hope you will solve your problems with the export.
This is typically the kind of building that demands to be placed in the very right place in game. But, once the right place is found, it will add extra realism to our high density neighborhoods.  ()stsfd()
Standard platforms are arguably the easiest solution for us players also, and now I have to start looking for where to put this beauty.  :thumbsup:

art128

Well after reading through a link mgb sent me on Simtropolis I concluded that the easiest way to get things working is jumping to another 3dsmax version. I know from having talked to Girafe that 2017 works successfully so I went ahead and installed that. It now works I was able to render what I wanted.

Still got no idea why 2016 didn't work. Honestly I'm seriously too frustrated at it to even try and know why. 2017 works that's all that matters.

Thanks for the help!

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Does anyone remember what's the process to eliminate the grey/white outline from the rendered BATs in Recent 3dsmax version?

Also, how do you add pedestrian traffic to a lot? Let's say you wanted to make a pedestrian street based on 1x1~ or longer lots, how would you do it?

Also, a few days ago I posted on ST this picture relating to a racetrack I'm currently laying out in my region.

I've been working on rendering cars for the past months now. Since I've recently finished them (minus a small list of 72 cars that I can't find a free/good model out there...) This is just 375 different cars in 4 angles with nightlights. No cars made after 1994 allowed since my region is based on that time period. Important or interesting historically cars are made, the only rule I have is that I must actually like it, hence why there isn't a Beetle there.

Question regarding the scale, should I scale them by 133% on all axis like Alejogc13 is doing on his cars?

Props & Texture Catalog

mr.fusion

Hallo art128, very nice and useful stuff you're creating!
Regarding the scale: that 133 % scale looks weird in terms of co-working with other stuff, and just doesn't fit in most surroundings. Place any lot using 133%-cars and watch the automata vehicles drive by. You'll see the props are madly oversized. In my opinion, the limiting fact in scaling is the width of the streets. 133 % cars wouldn't fit on those streets or crossroads, especially when turning left or right. That's why I'm scaling down all those wonderful models made by alejogc13, simmer2 or girafe, which isn't truely satisfying in results.

Girafe

Quote from: mr.fusion on February 26, 2021, 02:30:34 PM
You'll see the props are madly oversized. In my opinion, the limiting fact in scaling is the width of the streets. 133 % cars wouldn't fit on those streets or crossroads, especially when turning left or right. That's why I'm scaling down all those wonderful models made by alejogc13, simmer2 or girafe, which isn't truely satisfying in results.

I agree, I am thinking to re render some of my old car models with better scale (from different tests 115 to 120%) seems much more appropriate scale.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Barroco Hispano

After testing with almost every type of vehicle that can legally circulate on a street in America, Europe or Asia, I came to the conclusion that they fit perfectly in the maxis road texture. Personally, I am not concerned about whether or not my vehicles fit the automata as @Badsim is doing a great job to replace the maxis automata and even add more (As far as I know their automata are a little bigger than my vehicles but that can be solved).

The last thing I can add in favor of the 133% scale is that they are going to be 100% proportional to my hundreds or thousands of sims that I plan to export (But as I advance, I doubt that I can export everything I have  $%Grinno$%).

@art128 Or you can use a smaller scale so people will have the ability to choose from more options.

Barroco Hispano

art128

Haven't decided yet if I want to 133% them. It's a big task considering the amount of cars.

In other news, here's some better-late-than-never progress on the station:

Props & Texture Catalog

mr.fusion

@ alejogc13: You're right, your car models do fit in the streets. I tested it, too. So I was wrong, sorry about that. It seems I have mixed it up with an earlier discussion in SM2's thread concerning the prop and model scale. I thought he'd use that 133 % scale too. Obviously not, but even larger than that, because all his cars and models definitely run out of scale.

@ art128: IMO, it'd be pretty helpful and nice if your car props would fit the same scale alejogc13 is using.

art128

I'll think about it.

More progress. Gave a try at texturing the beast to see how it would look.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Thanks for the likes again guys.

Some more progress. Getting pretty happy with the general outcome of it.

To do list:
- Add furniture to restaurant (left building top of avenue tunnel)
- Sort the light on the left pedestrian tunnel/restaurant entrance
- Add ambient light to main entrance doors
- Rework the main building shop glasses thingies at the front
- Add more lights and props in the parking entrance
- Add furniture to convenience store on the platform

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

This is pretty impresive, Art !! is this normal rail or for elevated rail ? I'm not sure just watching the picture. It would be nice to have both versions.

Thanks for your work my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

Great work Arthur  ;)
Lighting is nice and I am eager to see the final result.
Maybe you could add some details inside the hall like 3D people.
Here you can get few 3D models for free: https://renderpeople.com/fr/free-3d-people/ by rotating, scaling and re texturing the color, I guess you can get variety
The Floraler