• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Here's my latest use of the RHW..  :)

More in my MD ! (link in my signature. )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

oxenrig

Quote from: Haljackey on December 27, 2009, 09:40:54 PM
An old, but interesting picture:

That was RHW version "1.3-B", with the Euro RHW mod at the time.

Where can I find those Sunken Highway textures with the Lane Signals?

Fresh Prince of SC4D

At Simtropolis- just type Sunken Highway on the STEX search
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Haljackey

Been doing some retrofitting in an old city of mine. Recently rebuilt this elevated highway along with expanding an airport from municipal to international. I think it looks pretty cool in contrast to the crappy networks and slopes found in the rest of the image. :P

Opkl

Quote from: Haljackey on November 13, 2010, 08:25:16 AM
Been doing some retrofitting in an old city of mine. Recently rebuilt this elevated highway along with expanding an airport from municipal to international. I think it looks pretty cool in contrast to the crappy networks and slopes found in the rest of the image. :P

Nice picture! :thumbsup: Glad to see that someone else still uses the maxis highways. :)

Haljackey

Hey, Maxis highways can still look cool when done right. You can mask their unrealistic appearance by adding supportive features around them like dense development.

Mountain highway:

4-6 lane widening with new median- high mast lighting to be installed.

MandelSoft

^^ It seems you've got the old Euro Textures mod installed there, but I believe that pic is some months old...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Original

First of all, GREAT WORK EVERYONE!  &apls
I got inspired look at this thread, so here's mine!
My First Diamond Interchange! :D

MandelSoft

Man, you really have to work on your slopes! They are awfully steep now. But other than that, the picture looks great!

io_bg

I agree about the slopes, also you could've used FAR pieces instead of two S curves.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

WC_EEND

I love those clouds on that picture, but as everyone said, those slopes are way too steep
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Haljackey

I've been doing some major upgrades to a highway in a island city of mine. It's a dense, popular tourist and business destination. As the population of this medium city tile doubled from 150-300k, it called for some major reconstruction of the highways connecting the islands/peninsulas together.

This is Highway 8, the orbital route around the island. The twisting, bumpy, 2 lane road was the only connection between these communities. The fragile ground simply couldn't support a 4 lane road.

...Unless some major infill happened. The new 4 lane connection opened up this overly congested artery.

Oh, and Original, nice work, but as others mentioned, you need to work on your slope. Getting a slope mod would take your highways to the next level!

tag_one

LOLWUT you demolished my building  :bomb: :angrymore:
:D :D

Terring7

I have the R.H.W. mod to built more flexible constructions, but I'm also a big fan of the Maxis speedways. A typical highway takes too much space and can easily destroy the environment by many ways. An elevated speedway however can make much less damage.

The elevated speedway allows animal migration and cuts less trees for the construction. It also has barriers that prevent the birds to get hit by cars and reduces to minimum the light and sound pollution.
Hope that you like it :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

io_bg

A highway running through a non-developed area

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

MandelSoft

Nice freeway, io_bg!

Let me add one from my latest update of my MD:

Best,
Maarten

Risu

These are all great! Love 'em. Such a display of skill.

The only thing is tho'; half the posts in the Intersections thread belong here. Would someone prune the threads? It'd make more sense that way.

Just saying. %wrd

Haljackey

Quote from: SimRisu on March 06, 2011, 09:50:13 AM

Would someone prune the threads? It'd make more sense that way.

Merge em? What a great idea! I'll support this!

zakuten

I'd like to keep the intersections thread for interesting non-highway/expressway/etc. grade pictures, but yeh. Just my meddling 2 cents~
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

jdenm8

There's some real ncie work here!

My motorways never really get past the RHW-4 stage, but I've been experimenting with some new intersections... some of which I will show in the intersections thread, merger pending of course.

Here's an older one. Originally built through dense bushland, the town has grown around it and those soundwalls have stifled any plans for upgrades.

You can also catch a glimpse of RHW-3 in the top left corner...

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley