• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Upcoming BATs and lots

Started by Andreas, April 26, 2007, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Well, I promised new SFBT creations, so let's start a showcase. :)

Diagonal Filler Lots

T Wrecks is working on some diagonal filler lots in order to get rid of those jagged edges next to diagonal streets and roads. It started with a simple request for a triangular texture, but then we thought it might be useful to cover the basic SC4 sidewalk textures and the like, and voilà, a new set was born. The they were just submitted to the beta testers a few minutes ago. Here are some impressions:

Gasthaus Maria

Mathe Man created a great "step by step" BAT journal at SimForum, where he described the whole process from starting a model to the finished BAT. The Gasthaus Maria is a hostel/restaurant with beer garden, a very common sight in the European alps. If you don't mind the German language, take a look: http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=133360. :) For everyone else, here are some pics. The BAT is finished as well and currently being tested.

Rail Catenaries

Kenworth is one of the rail fanatics in the SFBT, and he wanted to create realistic looking catenaries for his railroads. Not familiar with the BAT at all, he learned to create some wonderful models within a few days, and now he's developing an extensive set of all kinds of catenary props.

Ok, that's all for now, I'll let you safe some drool for later. ;)
Andreas

Krio

Bring me..a towel..too much drool..

wouanagaine

&apls &apls &apls
nothing more to add
My park menu will be overcrowded, but it need to be :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

TheTeaCat

Who needs SC5 when we got people like yourselves. &apls &apls &apls

These will be very much appreciated by the whole community I think  :D :D :D

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Ps this certainly warrants a cuppa :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Hi Andreas - I like the rural one with the wooden fences and trees.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

schooner2

Truly amazing ...all of it!!!  I need my towel!!  :P
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Emperor Stormont

omg omg omg, I love the rail lots, I want them NOW!!! :P

Fabulous work, I also love the filler lots, great work indeed  &apls &apls &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Badsim

I want them all ! Oooops , sorry ; I would like to get them all , please ... $%Grinno$%

It's incredible to see all different and complementary stuff now in pipelines by all different teams ... ::)
I totally aggree with TTC , we don't need a SC5 or more exactely , SC5 in already in construction here (and not only there ) day by day , and already in our hands . A revolution .
I hope evereybody realize this unique fact in all games history .

A warm welcome to Andreas & SFBT . &apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

cammo2003

Hmm, the track centre ones look like they'd also work well with the GLR... Has that been considered? They very much look like they'd work well as LR overhead catenaries. I assume those ones are implemented using Type 21's? I know they'd look kindof silly in the denser parts of the network, but I still don't mind the idea of them being next to each other in those areas (my "excuse" for journaling purposes would be to permit work to take place on one section of overhead without interfering with other track pairs.

It's only a small part of my networks that are ever uber-dense (the areas in close proximity to the CBD).

As for the diagonal filler lots, they look wonderful... Which base texture ID is that, BTW on the rural ones? I'm forever trying to look for that one in the LE but I always zoom past it.  &Thk/(

sebes

Team, that are some great projects that you started. The diagonal filler lots are awesome, but also the catenaries are splendid  &apls

This site is bringing us SC5 ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Andreas

Whew, quite a few comments here, thanks guys! :)

At the moment, the catentary props are implemented as overhanging props, like the ones that frogface created a while ago. But they will have transparent base textures, so they can be used with any terrain mod. As you can see on some of the screenshots, PEG's Alternate Rail Set Mod looks best with them, esp. when you place those that span more than two tiles. They will be placed in the power menu, which makes sense, and which isn't too overcroweded yet. ;)

I'm also pondering about making a mod that changes the type 21 exemplar files, so the props will show up automatically when you drag rails, so you don't need lots at all, but the main problem is that they will show up everywhere. It looks esp. odd if you place parallel tracks on two or more tiles (i. e. in the area in front of a large terminal station), and usually, only main lines have catenaries, while they are rarely found in industrial areas, for instance.

Considering this (and the fact that making such a mod is some tedious work ;) ), I'm not sure if I'll proceed, but I'll definitely look into it again. Once this set is finished, Kenworth wanted to create some concrete poles, which might also look good on GLR tracks (that's what crossed our minds immediately after the first experiments :) ). Some of the catenaries for the first set are still under construction, but I think they will be available very soon.

About the texture on the filler lots: That's the light green grass is used on the Maxis pastures and orchards (0x25D60000, if I'm not mistaken). It should be close to the other field textures in LE. BTW, the Cycledogg trees that are used on the diagonal filler lots use the prop family ID of my Street Tree Mod. So if you place them next to a diagonal street or road, they will show the same trees, creating a uniform look. But if you want, you can also use them without the actual mod; you only need the tree prop files that are supplied with the mod (I might include them in this set, too).
Andreas

sarungman

&apls wow.... i like those filler sets..... :thumbsup:
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

rooker1

:o  Wooww.......................
Being revived now. 
Alright.....I'm okay.
Love the filler set, very useful and the industrial part looks like it will be in my MD for sure.  Great work.

Robin  :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

T Wrecks

Glad to see the reactions are positive so far. :) Some additional comments on the diagonal filler set:

- It will be bilingual.
- It will not overcrowd the park menu thanks to it coming with an MML.
- The industrial diagonal fillers rely on jestarr's wonderful diagonal props, I assembled a hand-made adhoc prop family tailored for this lot which comprises ~35 different props, from cement bags to trailers or entire trucks.
- The lots will be easy to place thanks to positioning props that indicate either the position of the diagonal road (for the diagonal lots) or the position of the fences (for the fillers with orthogonal fences). Once the lots are placed, the positioning props will disappear never to be seen again.

The dependencies will be:
- SFBT Essentials (Query UI, positioning props, overlay textures, green chainlink fence, some props on the MML)
- Cycledogg's Mega Props (tree models)
- SFBT Streetside Mod (for tree prop families)
- Jestarr's Mega Props (only for the industrial lots, else they will only show the fence)
- The NAM (for the textures used on the NAM Ped Mall fillers)

Oh yes, speaking of NAM: There will be fillers included for all paved NAM Ped Mall Tiles, too. I thought it was about time to add this possibility as well.

Howling

Andreas I cannot wait for the catenaries and those filler tiles! Ex-cel-lent!  &apls
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

tommiej

nice!! i really like the catenaries, the look very german and i like it!! those fillers look also very good, can't wait for release!
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

ejc

this will absolutely look GREAT on my "Ruhrgebiets" City Journal!!

great idea, great work, great views &apls

Yoman

I'm extremely interested in those rail lots. I use FF's lots right now to put wires over my railroads but I love these, very nice work especially for a new BATer!

bat

Looking forward to these lots/ bats! &apls

Zaphod

wow I can't wait for those to come out

I definetely think those middle ones would go great on GLR and EL rail tracks
War Kittens !?