• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Upcoming BATs and lots

Started by Andreas, April 26, 2007, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejc

how far is Kenworths progress on the cantenaries?? It has been a month now since updated, and I've heard he started to make stations now...!??

he really should finish this project first if you ask me :-\

Nardo69

Quote from: ejc on May 22, 2007, 02:00:06 AM
how far is Kenworths progress on the cantenaries?? It has been a month now since updated, and I've heard he started to make stations now...!??

he really should finish this project first if you ask me :-\

I don't want to be mean, but there are still in Betatesting. My Pics from the first big test are here

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Wow! Great job, guys! I love the diagonal fillers, they'll definitely come in handy, and the rail catenaries are look stunning, too! Keep up the good work!

jayo

Brilliant catenerys &apls .It would be cool,if you could put them on transit enabled lots  ;) Anyway,nice work  &idea
I'm back

Nardo69

@Jayo: Basically you can and there ARE TE Lots.
In my MD - update (which is basically a huge betatest of the catenaries) you can see all three versions:

- with lots next to the Tracks - like the way frogface was doing his catenaries which were the basic inspiration of the SFBT catenaries
- with TE - lots - Just look at the two track catenaries and the middle poles between the passenger and the freight station
- as props on network pieces - see the pics of the RR line outside the RR station

The biggest problem with TE lots is that they act as RR station and may block train traffic (at least on my PC). Because of this you should always try to have one TE lot - free track in RR stations as long as you are not sure the TE stations are TE for freight and passenger trains. They may block UDI train mission though

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

tommiej

got a question that's kinda related to the centenaries.. does anyone of SFBT know if anyone is BATting the new Berlin Hauptbahnhof?
it's one hell of a station and i really like it and would love to see it in my cities

looking forward for release of the centenaries, will there be some mod, which automatically places the centenaries?? is this possible?? 
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

Andreas

At the moment, nobody is BATting the Berlin Hauptbahnhof, at least I'm not aware of anyone. It would be hard to create it for SimCity anyway, since the real building is slightly curved.

And yes, a catenary mod that places the props automatically is in the works, however it will take some time to finish it, and my time is pretty much consumed by other stuff at the moment.
Andreas

tommiej

that's true that the curve makes it a lot harder to recreate..
like that there is coming a mod! got the time to wait
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

ejc

I've read some comments on simforum.de and found out that the cantenaries by kenworth are allready several weeks finished batting.. are they still need to be modded?? %confuso because there's still no official release.....? ()what()

greetz

E

Andreas

The catenaries are currently in use by the beta testers, but the set is not complete. There's still some modding to be done, but due to the NAM development, I didn't have a chance to finish the job. I'm planning to finish the catenaries soon, though.
Andreas

ejc

good news & I understand the busy schedule with nthe NAM; all the way -> GREAT WORK!! &hlp

Andreas

I guess some people were asking for this:

Yes, that's a GLR-in-Avenue station, for the new NAM puzzle pieces. :) And I'm aware that there's not much room in the middle of the tracks, and most likely, the Sims will have to jump backwards when the tram enters the station, but there's not much that I can do about it.  :-[ You might recognize the green roof, it's taken from the SFBT Tram Museum lot. memo will have to check the transit enabling for me, but apart from that, the station seems to work properly.
Andreas

snorrelli

Great news! Will be good to have... :thumbsup:
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

vester

Well, the trams probably runs into the shelter.   

snorrelli

Of course, you don't necessarily need a shelter at all...

And, although the platform is narrow, it's not too far from reality. In these Prague pics you can see that the platform is about wide enough for two adults shoulder-to-shoulder or three front-to-back.

Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

bat

Can't wait for these station! :thumbsup:

Yoder7652

very good...just what I need right now!

rooker1

This is great news, I can't wait for this and others to come.  I am now hooked on the GLR.  It goes every where through my city! ()stsfd()
&apls &apls &apls &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Andreas

Thanks everyone! Of course I could leave out the shelter roof completely, but I figured it could be convenient, so you can see your stations better (and query them, if necessary). Thanks to memo, the transit enabling works fine now; I chose oneway roads for activating the automata paths, since avenues are basically two oneway rouads, so I guess it's easy enough to remember to draw short stretches of oneway roads through the station.

As you can see in the following pics, there's no danger that the trams could damage the shelter, or the clocks, and the sims also don't need to fear that their feet get cut off. ;) The space is rather tight, but rather than editing all paths and textures again, I can live with this minor issue. :) The only thing that would need a change is the tram skin, which lacks doors on the other side of the cars.

Andreas

metasmurf

I suggest adding a crosswalk texture onto the avenue. I think Swamper has made some crosswalk textures. I mean, the sims has to walk across the avenue to get to the station, don't they ?  ???