• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

It's nice , but I find that pavement under the rails is not realistic. You maybe should work again on it ;)

Guillaume
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

dsrwhat316

Teaser- Residentials!
Well after an (eventful) month away from SC4, I bring a small tidbit of progress. After working on this city on and off for six months, I've finally gotten this:

FH's first residents have finally moved in! I'm using the Baltimore Duplex Rowhouses by marcszar, which I think is an excellent BAT. The blank brick area will be detailed soon (in fact I'm working on it as ya'll are reading this). I'm sorry, but replies will have to wait until the full update comes. If you have a question to ask me, feel free to PM me and I'll answer as soon as I am able. Until next time...

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

sithlrd98

Glad to see you back at it! Looking forward to the results!

Jayson

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

I looking forward to the results, too!  :thumbsup:

BarbarossaS

Glad you're back Dan, and I can't wait untill you release the full update! It's gonna be great, like always  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

Nexis4Jersey

tankmank

dsrwhat316

frdrckilm: Yeah it was a small glitch, but I don't like to let things like that slip  ;). Thanks for commenting!
thundercrack83: Thanks, Dustin, for dropping by!
JoeST: Heh heh, thanks Joe!
Luke09: Thanks for considering my MD as one of your favorites! With all the great MDs on this site, that's quite a compliment  ;)
sebes: Thank you, my friend! I hope you'll like this new update, too!
JBSimio: The avenue roundabout filler was made in the Lot Editor. I took a prop from Odainsaker's Alexander Column Roundabouts and made a new lot out of it. Thanks for reading, Jon!
bat: Thanks, my friend!
art128: Well, thanks to my sabbatical from SC4, I might be a bit rusty with my LE "skills" in this update. Hopefully it'll be passable, Arthur!  $%Grinno$%
CabraBuitre: I trust you got my PM all those months ago  ::). I thank you for taking an interest here!
Tomas Neto: Thanks very much!
Nexis4Jersey: Thank, my friend!
Sciurus: I wanted to give it a look similar to the GLR, but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted. Thanks for your honest opinion, Guillaume!
sithlrd98: Thanks, Jayson!
Driftmaster07: Thank you, as well!
Tomas Neto: Well, the results are here so I hope you like them!
BarbarossaS: The update is a long time coming, so I hope everyone will accept it!
Nexis4Jersey: Hmm... cute, that's a new one for me; thanks!
tankmank: Thanks, my friend!

Update 19- Phoenix Rising
After nearly three months without a formal update, here we go! Let's see if it was worth the wait  ::)

Now as a special treat for sticking with me:

Click the pic for a nice-sized panoramic shot of the completed area!

~ Dan

io_bg

Of course it was worth the wait! That's a fantastic update! Hope in the future you'll have more time to update more often, I really like your MD! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BarbarossaS

If only every update of every MD was worth the wait like this one! Great work Dan, it looks fantastic!  &apls &apls
Love the panoramashot, it's nice to see the whole area!  :thumbsup:

-Stijn-

KoV Liberty

A little too long... BUT... WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS VERY GOOD!!!!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

tooheys

Dan, what can I say other than exceptional lotting (and BATting?)   &apls

There is just so much to look at. The paving, the fencing, the gardens, the seawalls, amazing work.

If anything, the small baseball diamond is a bit out of sorts, the textures just don't seem to fit in.

Regardless, another brilliant update.

Dave

joelyboy911

Just so amazing. It looks alive, real almost. Amazing how much a single picture can show.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Thanks to all for your comments! I've been toying around with an area previously shown in a teaser shot:

Now that I'm back in the swing of things, this area is nearly complete. Here's a sneak peak:

The building in the top right will house FH's city library. More to come soon!

~ Dan

Glowbal

Very nice! Can't wait for the next real update!  :thumbsup:

jimbo_jj

The work you've done with the plaza areas looks great! Next update looks like it'll be as well. :thumbsup:

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

Yan077

Wonderful work; I really love the mosaic "Update 19- Phoenix Rising"  &apls

Tomas Neto

Awesome work, and the mosaic Update 19- Phoenix Rising is fantastic!!!  &apls &apls &apls

dsrwhat316

A Minor Setback...
Thank you all for you great comments! I had planned on an update this week, but there has been a minor setback...

I just dropped by today to deliver a bit of bad news. I was involved in a work accident recently, which left me with both of my wrists broken. As my job requires the use of my hands quite a bit, I'll be out of work for some time. This leaves me with time at home on my computer, but lot making and city building will now go even slower than before (as if that was possible!  ::)). I do plan on presenting a few pics to pique interest again.

So for those of you who thought this message was to announce the loss of my cities or lots, rest assured they are still here. It just will be some time before a full update becomes available. Stay tuned for a teaser shot (of sorts) within the next couple of days!

~ Dan