• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

missing overlay textures

Started by Ralfger, February 17, 2019, 08:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfger

I am desperaltely searching some overlay textures of the road network to fill in the gaps in LE you can see in the picture. I am quite sure that they exist..?? The diagonals don´t fit in and I have no idea how to create textures.

mgb204

Looks more like FAR than diagonal pieces to me. Which set did you find these textures in? I'd have thought the same set would have also the connecting pieces. If using PIM-X, it's "Dependency Scanner" will tell you which pack the items on the lot came from.

If I had to guess, try the BSC Texture Mega Packs Vol.1 to 3.

Ralfger

Thanks for your prompt answer! Indeed, the road textures are part of the Mega Pack you mentioned. There are different angles available but unfortunatedly the one I need is missing.

mgb204

Having taken a closer look at these textures, I think there is nothing actually missing. It would appear that there are two sets, one for an S-Curve and the other for a 90° WRC:

For the top S-Curve, duplicate and rotate the textures to line everything up. In the case of the 90° curve, you need to mirror and rotate all but the centre texture, to finish off the piece. If you really need FAR textures, I can help you there, since it should be easy enough to create a set using those in the NAM as templates.

tomvsotis

I have to admit here: I only recently realized that you can mirror textures in PIM-X! To think of all the time I spent making textures and then mirrors of those textures :-/

Ralfger

Mgb204, as I am a complete newbie regarding textures it would be great if you could help me with some FAR-textures at some opportunity! Thanks a lot! Are there any comparables for the SAM cobbled road?

mgb204

I finally had a chance to compile a set of LE textures from the transit textures in the NAM. Since I had a few other things lying around, I've put everything into one dependency pack on the LEX.

This contains a full set of FA Road textures, which includes FA2, FA2 Orth/Diag/FA3 transitions. FA3, FA3 T-Junction/Cross Junction + Orth/Diag/Ortho Long Curve transitions. I've also added diagonal textures for Road, OWR & Avenue, including transition textures from straight pieces (note the straight textures exist as part of the base game). In addition there are a set of Straight/Diag/Diag Transition for all SAM networks. There is also a complete set of network to lot transitions which have blended transparency. Lastly a complete set of regular street textures, this is complete with WRCs and the full set of NAM textures. I think these textures will provide many new options for lotters.

With regards to the SAM Cobbled Road FAR textures, since FAR doesn't exist for streets, so far as I know nothing exists there. The cobbled roads would be one of the harder networks to make such textures for, because lining up the cobbles takes a lot of skill and is made harder when you don't have the source (development) textures to begin with. WRCs would be somewhat simpler, since those exist as of NAM36, so it's a case of converting/IDing them to work.

Ralfger

Wow, two textures Í have asked for and you provide a whole bundle to play around with! Thank you very much for your effort! I will fire up my lotting programm at once  &hlp