• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

Very clever design and modding  &apls

I was expecting a more evident connection underwater, but I guess this is far more realistic.

For the wire conduit, maybe you can make a little buoy with lighting, both to get an idea of where the cable is and if it's connected

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Simmer2

Great idea! There are also a couple of other suggestions over at ST which I will implement as well.

Oh and almost forgot the night shot!
________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

Wind farms usually require some good substations such as this one to collect all of that power.  This is true of land wind farms as well as offshore ones.  I like those little red lights on the turbines a lot; when approaching a wind farm at night, one can see many red dots lighting the dark skies.  Those blades are looking really slick, too.

Nice work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: matias93 on November 02, 2017, 12:35:08 AM
For the wire conduit, maybe you can make a little buoy with lighting, both to get an idea of where the cable is and if it's connected

You mean something like the connector buoy from this upload, but with a way to tell if it's transmitting power without having to turn on the power overlay? I could certainly go for that, and I'm sure Nick is more than capable of making it.

Great work recently, Nick! That substation is especially welcome; there aren't enough substation lots available, and yours looks to be both realistic and practical in size. I look forward to seeing more!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

kelis

I like so much your windmills. I will use them in my Japanese region for sure, thanks for share your great stuff with us  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

brick_mortimer

Ok, I think a lot of stuff in my plugins folder is getting obsolete with all the nice things you make :P

Will the substation produce power as well?
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

@metarvo I'm glad you like them!

@woodb3kmaster Well, the buoy I made does turn the warning red light once the power is connected.....you see it at night of course  ;D (See pics below)

@kelis Thank you kelis!

@brick_mortimer Thanks!! Substations are inherently non power producers for the simple reason that they are either step up or step down transformers from other power sources. However I could easily make a lot that produce power and include it in the DL.

Now buckle up and make sure the table is in the upright position...

Here is what I did to make the connection to the Maxis power pylons. After 14 model attempts I realized that without a model reference of the actual pylon I was not going to create a perfect wire set to connect to the substation.
Also I did not want to restrict the direction from where the pylons would make the connections. Thus the underground connection was born... :D

Furthermore, I made a nifty custom made model that simulates cables coming out of the sea and into the substation lot.
Oh and power on buoys that signal were the underwater cables are that also act as connectors to transfer power from the marine Wind Turbine fields to the substations.

Here are some pics with included explanations..

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Just saw that SC4D today becomes 11 years old. And this thread now has grown to 57 pages full of creative idears and beautifull enhancements. So I thought it's time to say thank you, Simmer2, for the great work and the stunning variety of releases.

Simmer2

Thank you very much fantozzi!

Here is a little timed sequence for SM2 Power Substation lot.

Simmer2

noahclem

Great work on this--love the timed props  &apls

Jack_wilds

metarvo

Creative solution with the underground transfer boxes. This means that custom BATted power lines could also connect to these fine substations.  ;D

The timed props make it look like the workers are going through their daily grind.  They've gotta keep everything in service so the lights stay on.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone &apls

New uploads available! 7 Power lots (3 eye candy)

Also lots of timed props.

Here are the 3 links.

1) SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548

2) SM2 Marine Wind Power - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3549

3) SM2 Power Pack - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3550

Pics

Have fun

Simmer2/Nick

Page one has been amended - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Silur

Thank You for the good work!   &apls

Simmer2

Someone asked if my power lots explode and if so do they give out radiation.

No they do not, they are auxiliary power lots. Very little pollution and no fireworks. They will however degrade in time, just like any other power lot in game.

Here are the relevant stats from the Reader:

Hard Failure Type -------------- doesn't explode.
Pollution at center ------------- 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000
Pollution Radius ---------------- 4.000000,5.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Age to output level response curve --- 0.000000,1.000000,0.400000,0.950000,0.500000,0.920000,0.600000,0.860000,0.700000,0.770000,0.800000,0.600000,0.900000,0.350000,1.000000,0.000000
Age degradation rate ---------- 0.000555
Soft failure threshold ---------- 0.900000
Hard failure threshold ---------- 1.000000

Simmer2

Simmer2

The new shop apprentice realized pretty soon that flushing machine grease down the toilet can cause sewer's problems..

Vac-Con to the rescue ;D

Simmer2

metarvo

Well, that's no fun.  ::)  Nice that this essential service is being represented, though.

fantozzi

Alles super. Almost.  :D

Simmer2

Thank you!

Here is something also I have been tinkering with, full slope conforming highway barriers.

Here is a few examples, from gentle to steep slope. They work!

Simmer2/Nick

Tyberius06

Hi!

Wow. They are very nice! Everything is there, but diagonals, maybe later? I love these. I'm using Deadwood's set, and some other cases Mattb325's modern walls, but for me this set would be a nice replacement for DWD's ones in some cities.
Thanks in advance.
And I also like your works on the industrial props/lots.

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.