• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Woooow...  &apls &apls &apls
Thats a nice one! Good stuff as always from You! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

New week, new jewel ! Please never stop ! ;D

cogeo

Great stuff!

See a lot of MMPs here. I know almost nothing about these, but I would like to make some few ones, for a set I'm working on (only normal lots so far). The MMPs should be as described below:
- Be of the general type of "mayor-mode trees".
- Have a limited lifespan, after which the MMP should disappear and delete itself from the lot it was planted in. As far as I know the ingame trees grow and die, but they don't really disappear, instead they grow again and the cycle starts over. Is this possible? Which are the relevant properties?
- I'm gonna make the model(s) myself, this is of little concern, but I would like to know if it is possible to use 20-Z/R or 1-Z/R models here.
- Any other related stuff, special requirements, eg ID ranges and the like.

Thank you in advance

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

@cogeo Thank you!
The best person to ask tree MMP related questions is girafe
From my limited knowledge on the subject, you would need to make a seasonal tree controller to make what you are asking for.
But I still don't think you can make them completely disappear after their life cycle.

My MMPs models are all made with 20-Z/R.

Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Its time for another update on my ongoing task of completing the next prop pack.

This baby took a while to master but in the end I did it. Huge thanks to Gn_leugim for posting that Youtube video tutorial on how to make custom LOD's.

I took his tutorial and modified some parameters so that I could render this massive 120k poly model with custom LOD's.
It may look small but in order to convey almost all details it had to be poly heavy.
It also has night lights!

Here it is, please excuse the poor lot setup it is shown in. A proper lot texture with another, very important building will be part of the whole lot.

The locomotive is one of vester's latest prop pack. Beautiful ain't it?

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Wow!!!! :) Very nice!

I'm still working on my version, but I can't wait to see yours, which will be a totally new model set up as I assume.

Thank you for this little teaser! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

tigerbuilder

That looks really nice Nick. I'm sure your idea is a lot with those radial angles. That's going to be very cool. I hope you are hinting about an accompanying new roundhouse.  :thumbsup:

I did have one idea...if the traveler was also a 3D model like the loco is...you could pick any angle, that would be cool, but perhaps not with the poly count so high. Just an idea.

Cheers, tiger

vortext

That's be cool yeah, could be somewhat possible with multiple models & timed props. Or maybe we could talk Nick into making an actual animated prop. .   ::) $%Grinno$%

Looks really nice. Also been playing around with your sands & rocks.. and darn you, sooo many new combos possible, I cant decide which one is best!  :thumbsup: &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

@Tyberius06 Thank you!

@tigerbuilder I already had made different angles... ;)

@vortext Timed props are in the works. Unfortunately a full animation with BABs is not an option.
1) You cannot make HD animations.
2) You cannot make animations bigger than 1 cubic tile  :(

However here is another piece of the puzzle. This plateau is made of several separate models which will be rendered individually.
It still needs a lot of work (windows, doors, roof junk, more girders and separators and the textures are not final.
The radial rail assembly is there for reference only (center point) I did a test drive on HD rendering time on the building alone...4 and a half hours! And that is unfinished!

Simmer2/Nick

kbieniu7

See you still at form! A bunch of stuff with high quality  :thumbsup: My favourite one is the old rusty idustrial facility :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Krasner

Oh my  &apls It was supposed to be a secret but I'm also working on a massive roundhouse, an old one, more or less a reproduction of a 19th century one originally designed for steam engines. It will be part of our railway pack. That's all, I have no reason at all in fact to say that apart the shock to see that you're making one also  :D
ANARCHIST !!

Tyberius06

Hell Yeah!!! Krasner, that sounds very well to my ears!  :) ;) &apls
I like roundhouses, and I would like to see a few different kind of them, and than we can make various lots from them, so that could be more fun for anyone... :)
I'm working on a huge lot using Oppie's and the WMP Team's models with Simmer2 beautiful rail yard textures, but that is a simple lot with existing models.

- Tyberius

matias93

Just to know: it wouldn't be easier to model and render only one section of the roundhouse in several angles, and then to lot them together? It would also ease the possibility to have differently filled circumferences...

Anyway, roundhouses are really needed in the game, and this one looks spectacular!!!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Badsim

Hey ... That's what we can call a well-rounded  house !  ;D  Beautiful model  &apls ... and exquisite news to hear it will be HD rendered . :thumbsup:

Quote from: Krasner on March 07, 2017, 12:56:42 PM

... It was supposed to be a secret but I'm also working on a massive roundhouse, an old one, more or less a reproduction of a 19th century one originally designed for steam engines. It will be part of our railway pack...

Delicious news too ...  :)

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Kitsune

That looks really great! Reminds me of a roundhouse in Toronto, except thats it been converted to a Brewery and Furniture store - with a museum in the middle...
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

kbieniu7 That lot and more will be released soon. Thank you!

Krasner The more the merrier :D

Tyberius06 You are more than welcome to use my models once I release them, Thanks Tibi.

matias93 I thought about that but we would incur in the dreaded texture clipping monster, thus the single piece. Thank you!

Badsim Thank you Cedric!

Kitsune That one was my inspiration!! Thank you!

Well, well....It works!
Only thing left to do is a nice custom made lot and lot texture a la' Simmer2 and we are good to go.

Vester's multi-angled GEvo locos fit just perfectly with my model! Bravo vester &apls

Real one

Work in Progress

RH1

Simmer2

tigerbuilder

Really nice! You are right, with Vester's props, that array of locomotives looks awesome. This is an excellent new rail lot, I look forward to the next updates.

Cheers, tiger

Kitsune

Looks good, except a bit weird to see multiple engine / rr colours. Typically round houses are only for one rail company. Also, learnt the furntiure store closed (prolly the never ending hydro station construction next door killed all there customers). Apparently cineplex is taking over the space with a restaurant and arcade / gaming centre.
~ NAM Team Member

Krasner

This is going to be great  :thumbsup: But, if it's not too late, in my opinion using flat night windows on a building which has also some doors kept open bring to a result which is quite incoherent. Those lights should also show through these open doors, right ? A solution could be to to replace the night windows by semi-transparent glass and to ad some omnis in your building  ;)
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

Quick reply.

Krasner.

I removed the floor on the model where the doors that are open because there will be rail overlay textures showing therefore you cannot see lights shine any light on the floor. Perhaps you will see the light reflection on the interior walls.

Another reason to remove the floor was so that vester's props can be moved inside the roundhouse without incurring in any clipping.

Win some lose some.

Nick

PS I use Gmax