• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Waiting time is over, you can now get the SM2 VDK NUTS Swan Mill Power Plant here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3360
________________________________________________________________________________

Themistokles

&apls &apls &apls

I'm seeing the steampunk prospects :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Alan_Waters

Nick, you're a real artist.
Unreal!
&apls &apls &apls
:thumbsup:

Mero90

Vizoria

Awesome stuff! I can't wait for NUT's other industrial buildings! Let's see NUT go nuts with the industry since new industrial buildings are sorely needed.

FrankU

bombardiere

Your power plant lotting is really impressive. Well Done.

However, did I download a test version?  I opened the powerplant in PIMX and I found some odd stats. Power generated is nice 12000, double of the standard Maxis plant. Although I could do more power from a really big plant.

But this large powerplant has only 1 job? See attached picture. And even the "dirty" version's polution rate is 3 for air and 2 for water. My terrace houses polutes more.  &Thk/(

I can fix this of course so it is not a real problem. My guess is that these are leftovers from invisible builidng used. I personally avoid invisible boxes as much as I can. Unless I need diagonal or overhanging building. Because PIMX calculates stat by using the model size and if the invisible box is small, then the stats are low, too.

Simmer2

Thank you Themistokles, Alan_Waters, Mero90, Vizoria, FrankU and bombardiere.

@ bombardiere.
Those were the stats assigned by XPIM and I left them as is. I felt that 10 points of pollution on the graph coupled with the radius stats was plenty to deal with. As far as the jobs is concerned there should not be any, keeping the lot inline with the game utilities. However everyone is welcome to change those stats to match their game style  :thumbsup:

The Zero emission version has, well, Zero emissions  ;)

Thanks for bringing it up.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 13, 2016, 10:33:45 AM
As far as the jobs is concerned there should not be any, keeping the lot inline with the game utilities.

The ingame utilities do in fact provide jobs though, the coal power plant for example offers roughly 40 jobs total. 

Those were the stats assigned by XPIM and I left them as is.

That may be but looking at the occupant size it seems you have used the blank model to generate the building exemplar, or changed the dimensions afterwards in which case SC4PIM will recalculate stats if you're not careful doing so. Whichever way, it seems like the stats are based the small, invisible model, not the actual power plant.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Quote from: vortext on April 13, 2016, 10:59:03 AM
As far as the jobs is concerned there should not be any, keeping the lot inline with the game utilities.

The ingame utilities do in fact provide jobs though, the coal power plant for example offers roughly 40 jobs total. 

Those were the stats assigned by XPIM and I left them as is.

That may be but looking at the occupant size it seems you have used the blank model to generate the building exemplar, or changed the dimensions afterwards in which case SC4PIM will recalculate stats if you're not careful doing so. Whichever way, it seems like the stats are based the small, invisible model, not the actual power plant.

Uhmm..I used the original model, before he packed them for the release, which was provided by vester, it came sans the exemplar. I drag and dropped the model form the model tab on XPIM on the "Utilities" tab and thus was the SC4Desc created.
I changed no dimensions.

If it matter so much I can re-release another one tonight.

Nick

vortext

Well, somewhere along the lines something clearly went wrong. Here are the stats I generated just now

Also note I dropped the filling degree down to 0.3, as the stacks add a considerable height to the LOD.

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Thank you Erik.
I will definitively look into it tonight.

Nick

Simmer2

Stats are now more in line with the game. It will now definitively pollute more than bombardiere's  terrace house... $%Grinno$%

The one marked Z will have same stats but ZERO emissions for those that still want the lot but do not want to deal with pollution.

New stats.

Lot size 20x14
Plop cost = 68,500
Monthly cost = 1,550
Power output = 39,200 MWh
Jobs $196 $$104  $$$13

Thank you bombardiere and vortext for pointing out the flaws.  :thumbsup:

Nick

Vizoria

I have a query about the SM2 Intermodal Terminal-

What on Earth is going on!?! I downloaded all the dependencies and I noticed the wider station pieces glitch out bad.

Simmer2

You are missing Mushy Mushy's truck cabs and trailers.
Regarding the building in the middle....definitely a glitch of some kind.
I just retested it again in a 6GB plus plugin and it works fine here

1400 plus downloads and it's the first time I see this.

Empty your plugin in a separate folder and just drop my lots, texture pack and all the dependencies. Try it and report back.

Nick

mgb204

The building showing is one of the Maxis residential buildings. Ordinarily I'd jump in and say that this was an ID conflict, which can happen. But having used these lots myself I never saw any such issue. Additionally, since everyone has the original Maxis buildings, it's hugely unlikely that there is a regular ID conflict, that over a thousand people didn't notice.

If the lots were made entirely with PIM-X (I believe they were), that rules out the obvious modding errors that come from using the original Lot Editor.

That suggests to me this building has been given another ID by some mod you've installed. Might be a bit of a PITA to track down. Just a thought, do you use the original Maxis Buildings as props, or perhaps the alternate one from T Wrecks? I wonder if he used different IDs for his props? Could explain the issue and why it's not come up before? Otherwise, I'm not sure what mod/lot would need to create a duplicate of an existing Maxis Building? But if you've any re-lots with this building, then it might be worth removing those files to see if that resolves the problem.

Vizoria

The glitch is gone, I was missing some truck dependencies. However I did notice that crime in the lots is very high, even with a police station nearby. Perhaps you could do something in PIMX or something to sort out the crime? The building becomes dilapidated when running the simulation.

Simmer2

I ran the game for 5 game years and none of that happened.
Again, first time I see this.
All lots and props exemplars were created with no crime indicator.
Not sure what might be causing it in your game environment.

Baffled.

Nick

compdude787

Stupid question, Vizoria, but you do have the "Crime doesn't pay" fix, right?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 16, 2016, 02:06:52 PM
Not sure what might be causing it in your game environment.

Baffled.

Issues related to crime are very unlikely to be a result of your lotting. So if there is a problem with crime, I would expect that to be an issue of your game Vizoria.

As mentioned, ensure you've the crime doesn't pay mod. But this issue with mega-lots and crime has been there since Maxis released the game. So if you do have the crime doesn't pay mod installed, you might want to consider adding some additional police coverage.