• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delecto

Is this building finished in real life???  ::)

Shroud

Wow! Neat building. Thanks for the real-life picture.

Reform

Hello and fine winter day for everyone.

I apologize, if my problem has been already solved, but my several searches trough this thread and SC4D came up nothing about it.

While covering new tiles with flora, I noticed that the seasonal version of Birch trees has an additional cycle, pushing evergreen subalpine fir trees after original cycle ends. I have downloaded and reinstalled both files today and made sure that there are not any duplicates in my Plugins folder. I also removed my tree controller and tried the brush with new tile, but fir trees kept plopping out from the seasonal birch brush.

I don't know what else to try. These files have been out for awhile now, so it feels strange that no one would not have noticed it before. Problem may have occurred, when files were updated. I believe that value blocking the next ID is missing from either - or both - files. I have no idea what that would be, because I haven't really worked that much with Reader.

- Ilja

Girafe

Quote from: Reform on November 25, 2013, 05:39:43 AM
Hello and fine winter day for everyone.

I apologize, if my problem has been already solved, but my several searches trough this thread and SC4D came up nothing about it.

While covering new tiles with flora, I noticed that the seasonal version of Birch trees has an additional cycle, pushing evergreen subalpine fir trees after original cycle ends. I have downloaded and reinstalled both files today and made sure that there are not any duplicates in my Plugins folder. I also removed my tree controller and tried the brush with new tile, but fir trees kept plopping out from the seasonal birch brush.

I don't know what else to try. These files have been out for awhile now, so it feels strange that no one would not have noticed it before. Problem may have occurred, when files were updated. I believe that value blocking the next ID is missing from either - or both - files. I have no idea what that would be, because I haven't really worked that much with Reader.

- Ilja

It comes from a mistake years ago. The ID of the seasonal birches are followed by the ID of the subalpine firs without a blank :/

I could change the ID of one of the pack but the problem is that some mods like Aerden seasonal tree controlers are using the current ID.  &ops
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on November 25, 2013, 10:31:42 AM
I could change the ID of one of the pack but the problem is that some mods like Aerden seasonal tree controlers are using the current ID.  &ops

Nop, I use my own IDs so you can safely change it (or the IDs for any other mmp for that matter). In this case I would just delete the Cluster Type property in the last Birch exemplar.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

Quote from: vortext on November 25, 2013, 10:38:17 AM
Quote from: Girafe on November 25, 2013, 10:31:42 AM

Nop, I use my own IDs so you can safely change it (or the IDs for any other mmp for that matter). In this case I would just delete the Cluster Type property in the last Birch exemplar.

Perfect I will change the ID of the birches seasonal :) TY

EDIT: I just removed the last ID which is useless. Should work good now  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Reform

Thank you for fixing this problem and all the work you have done.  &apls

- Ilja

Girafe

Yes Samuel the pic is up to date.

The progress on 15 december:

Nothing special these last weeks, only props for the VIP street side mod:

The Floraler

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MTT9

You can call me Matt

Gugu3

OMG!
amazing props!didn't know there was a project for a new streetside mod!

Vlasky

This is gorgeous and outstanding! Great job!
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

RepublicMaster

They're all great props and textures! I really can't wait to use them. :D

Great work! :thumbsup:

FrankU

Oh yes, I can wait as long as the treat is big enough!
Don't hurry. It's going to be time for a new region.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Swordmaster

Yes, HD planters! We need more HD planters!

Good work.

Cheers
Willy

Bipin

Lovely work on the streetside mod! Would it in any way be possible to include driveway "stubs", to eliminate that awkward issue of grass between the street and a building's own private driveway?

noahclem

Quote from: Bipin on December 30, 2013, 05:59:18 AM
Lovely work on the streetside mod! Would it in any way be possible to include driveway "stubs", to eliminate that awkward issue of grass between the street and a building's own private driveway?

Correcting that problem would indeed be great and some promising steps toward that have been made, perhaps most notably by you but also by others earlier. Are you not happy with your own approach? The variable width of networks could be a problem I'm sure--what is the height of your driveways anyway? I don't see any way that a streetside mod, which works by modifying T21s, could know not only which lots need driveways and also where to align the driveway. TE lots could be made to do the trick but those have disadvantages. Cosmetic puzzle pieces would be a little better and with modern techniques they could have variable sidewalk textures but I don't know of any trickery that could make them support wealthification. Converting streets to a model-based network and raising their height just enough to cover driveways would solve the variable-width end of things but would have the same problem with wealthification. Ultimately, the technique you've been pursuing is probably the best and most feasible way--perhaps if you designed the ends of the driveway textures to blend well with network textures you could get a nice look that wouldn't be an eyesore when lots with driveways grow along networks of different widths?

Fasan

Hello Girafe!
Very nice work on the road sides. Like it very much.  :thumbsup:

LG Fasan  ;)

Girafe

Hello Fasan and all.

Sorry for not being so active these last months. But my situation in France was so difficult with no profesionnal future and no money. I decided to move to a Gulf country with my background in luxury industries, I will surely have a better life.  ::)

I have to settle here and start new life, new home, new friends...
I don't have time for sc4 even if I spend few minutes to the forums and will continue to encourage people here to show what they produce (MD, modding, batting...)

I tried before leaving from France to release the maximum of my latest projects. I know that the main buildings are not released and sorry for that. I hope one day I could finish them but I had to buy a laptop and I am not sure how it deals with exporting big projects...

I encourage you to continue to make this forum alive because don't forget that you are feeding the community by your comments whatever they are (till they are positive).

I will continue to support my guinea fowls and try my possible to conduct VIP projects to the end.

Your little girafe  :)

The Floraler