• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgarcia

Hi Antoine - great but the link download the same file - apologies for being stupid...

RepublicMaster

This is a neat idea! I'll have to try it out sometime. :D

Girafe

Quote from: mgarcia on August 25, 2013, 05:53:40 PM
Hi Antoine - great but the link download the same file - apologies for being stupid...

Thanks, indeed it's my fault, fixed now
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

Quote from: Girafe on August 21, 2013, 07:51:42 AM
I played a little bit with complex shape modeling on Evolution tower but for time nothing serious:

Nice! But who is going to pay for the window panes? They are distorted and very very expensive!  :-\

benvoliothefirst

Hey Girafe,

Just wanted to pop in and say a big, enthusiastic "THANK YOU!!!!" for all your contributions to the SimCity world. I love all your trees, and looking through this thread it looks like there are a bunch of great buildings coming from you as well. Keep up the great work.

Love the beeches. I'll try to get 'em into my cities shortly and let you know how they look. And you may have already decided on the dark/light pool issue, but the gorgeous water rendering makes me think that with a little bit of work you could almost have ANIMATED water in the pool that would look great. Maybe just shift the light source a bit so the waves/highlights shift around slightly and the animation would only need two or three different states/frames. I have absolutely no idea how something like that would work, mind you... but that was my initial thought when looking at 'em.

NCGAIO

Well .. In BAT would mean that if the pool were seen in all four rotations and  at least three of the zooms details he would have to carry at least three more textures to each of the four texture model that is  add more twelve textures only for animation a bit unrealistic.

It would be more practical to separate the model from the pool and overlay a model of water excited by the geometry that would be more realistic.

In Sc4 very little can be done with texturing techniques that leverage the advanced features of APIs 3d or same of more current hardware.

Personally I prefer light pool... maybe a little darker

Great job with the menus &apls

vortext

Right, after comparison with your other trees I stand by my initial assessment: the autumn colors are too bright. To me it looks like a different, more harsh lighting was used for the rendering process (though keep in mind I know nothing about BATting. .). Anyway, here's what I mean.

Circled in red are leaves which look particularly bright / white to me. Though this does also occurs on other trees, it's nowhere near as often or as bleached out as with the Beeches.

The models themselves are outstanding, as usual, so no complaints in that regard. Heck, no complaints at all 'cause new trees!  &dance :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

Thanks for the comments  ;)

@FrankU

I think it's your perception which is distored  ::)

A pic from the real building and a preview from 3ds, the panels are just diagonal but they are not bend

For bend panels, it's indeed more expensive but Louis Vuitton did it for its Foundation in Paris (all panels are different):

@benvoliothefirst

Thank you for posting :), I can't animated a model done with 3dsmax. For time, if we want to animate something for sc4, we need to use BAB which is only working with gmax without the HD plugin so it's useless. Simfox never finishes his version for 3ds  &Thk/(

@ vortext, thanks a lot for your feedback, really appreciated :)

You are right, these small grey / white freckles are due to 2 things:

1. sparkle option which is needed for summer view but I didn't remove it for autumn. I fixed this. For this pack I decided to have a strong one to give illusion to high reflexive leaves, which changes a little bit from the previous trees.

2. I used for the first time, new texture and there were few grey / white pixels. I corrected them.

I finished this pack, will wait about LEX pictures before uploading. :)

Next flora  &Thk/(

I have finally found the way for lighting my pool which is so complex (and boring to do  &ops), so WIP:

I let you on this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCWGGG2gQc
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mgarcia

RepublicMaster

The pools looking great! I like that new flora too. :)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

weixc812

Yeah, the new flora is great. I get interested in that distorted building too, fantastic shape.  :-\
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

sunv123

New flora is always welcomed. :thumbsup:

Evolution tower is looking magnificent. &apls
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Delecto

Nice progress Antoine. I can't wait for more.  :thumbsup:

PS: Ma parole tu changes d'avatar toutes les 3 minutes?!?!  :D

FrankU

Hi Girafe, no, I am certain my perception is not distorted. The window panes must be distorted, otherwise they don't fit in the building. Anyway: it is possible, just quite expensive.
Most important issue here: your model is a beautiful start for a new building. I'm eager to see the results.

Your flora is beautiful too. Only one question: when will you be ready, so that I can start plopping it onto my new region?  :P

Fasan

Hello Girafe your new trees are beautiful again and I have also used the same in my Region in SimForum "Stamforth in Krokanien" .  :thumbsup:

Thank you
Fasan   :)

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

epicblunder

Quote from: vortext on September 22, 2013, 05:06:41 AM
Love the new grass!  &apls

Indeed.  If Antoine keeps this up we're going to have to make new / redo our tree controllers.   &Thk/(

noahclem

That grass looks fantastic and will be very useful  &apls  Also, excellent work with the pool and lighting!

Girafe

Thanks for your comments :)

Not many improvments on the on going projects.

The villa Libeskind is on hold, I have problems with LODs and hedge props which place on top of each others.

I will do only one version as I don't want to dig the family for main building. It will be this model:

Maybe the next flora, they are stagnating in my folders, I should start stages... or go to an other species

I am still modding stuff from Vincent, but I have problems on this side too. Rail textures available under LE don't match NAM ones. It's ugly &Thk/(

Work on Carpe Diem tower is going slowly, I finished the gardens and terrace but few parts are visible. It stays the roof...

I tweaked a little bit the Ocean Pearl yacht (mainly smoothing) and decided to release it (Barbara is modding it).

As a good batter, there are always projects which never see the light. It's the case for this one (The structure is not enough smoothed, too late to come back on it).

I let you on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINlEYXA3k0
The Floraler