• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

Mmm, Berries. Delicious.

Carpe Diem looks great, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

kbieniu7

You are the flora master, Girafe. Few months ago, when I saw some of your floras for the first time I thought: "Nice stuff, but not for me - too many already planted trees, too much work to change it". However, after downloading them for a small test, I decided, that they are too awesome, not to use them.
After years of new additions in buildings and transit networks, we are in period of seasons and weather, what makes the game still fresh and interesting.

I do not know, if such addition exist, but... maybe some seasonal grass..?  ::)

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Swordmaster

Those berries are awesome, Antoine!

Cheers
Willy

vortext

Thanks for the Berries, they are great!  &apls

Now of to do a little last minute rearranging and get them into tree controllers as well.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sunv123

Those berries were delicious, Girafe! They made a great pie. :thumbsup:

Turjan

I'm very happy with those berries. They have become my favorite "monorail track painter" :).

Thanks a lot!

Of course, I usually mix them up a bit with your lupines, etc.

gn_leugim

just awesome, we need more low level, non tree flora lika that :D

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your nice comments :)

@ Willy & Noah, indeed few people show interest in flora snow covered above all after seeing the post of Cédric in AntigOne. It's a long and hard job for something really specific. It's not so long to export but the modding behind is impressive. So for time, I am not planing to do them but who knows later  :)

@ Epicblunder, yep these pics are really cool, glad you competed with one of them :)

@ kbieniu7, I did tests with seasonal grass long time ago and I faced many problems. But when I saw one of the last update in AntigOne, it gives me new ideas... The main problem with small plants like grass is the number of props needed to cover big areas...

@ Turjan, it's a good use and nice pic  ;)

Today nothing amazing, I finally finished the larches set after few years even if it's not he best I did. Sry &mmm

I think it's better to upload it than lost somewhere in my mess.

No props will be available for this pack.

So coming soon on the LEX:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simcoug

It's always a good day when you have something new to share!   :thumbsup:

noahclem

Actually the larches look quite good at first glance!

Quotebut who knows later  :)

Well that's good news at least  ;D  Maybe in time for next winter....

vortext

Well, we never have enough flora. Seriously, never!   :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Well Antoine, some time ago seasonal flora was also "specific". It only became popular because there were options available. I think winter content would become more popular as well if there was more variety in what's available. That said, of course you do what you want to do. Most important thing is you have fun in creating content! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Those larches look great, Antonie! :thumbsup:

Who knows, maybe we will have enough flora that we can recreate anything with you. Just think about it. :)

Indiana Joe

I liked the berries.  Any chance you can do more like that; like a 'general undergrowth' brush?  With all different kinds of shrubs, bushes, moss and weeds and stuff.  It's a pain to place it all individually from various flora packs.  And besides, VIP stuff is always the better version.   :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: Indiana Joe on January 29, 2013, 02:35:20 PM
I liked the berries.  Any chance you can do more like that; like a 'general undergrowth' brush?  With all different kinds of shrubs, bushes, moss and weeds and stuff.  It's a pain to place it all individually from various flora packs.  And besides, VIP stuff is always the better version.   :thumbsup:

I second that!
Shrubberies and undergrowth is a large pat of flora in real life. IN SC4 this is hard to find.
As I am not a BATter I have considered to make props of existing shrubs appear halfway underground, so that the tops of the shrubs look like low shrubs, but I fear this would not work. Never took the time though to do it.

And of course I also second the opinion about the quality of your products. Always great! If I had known about your flora earlier I might have considered to use them in my Dutch lots, but now it's a bit late. Relotting all flora in a 100 lots...?  ()what()  :'(
Maybe a replacement mod would be nice? Replace CP, JRJ and Maxis by Girafe?

namspopof

WOW ! Amazing job Girafe !
The best tree rendering for SC4.

Have you project to make a tree controler ? I think you have enough model for make it.  :)

STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

Sciurus

Great great job Antoine!! I love your trees, They're always in my cities!! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Diggis

Quote from: FrankU on January 30, 2013, 03:31:05 AM

Doing a replacement is really simple, if you know what you want to replace with what. It's just a case of doing a new Prop Exemplar for the new model and giving it the same IID as the one you want to replace using the reader. Then ensure it loads last. :D

M4346

Quote from: Diggis on February 03, 2013, 06:04:31 AM

Doing a replacement is really simple, if you know what you want to replace with what. It's just a case of doing a new Prop Exemplar for the new model and giving it the same IID as the one you want to replace using the reader. Then ensure it loads last. :D

The problem with that approach is that the size difference between props often look horrible as bigger trees cut into buildings / other props  &mmm
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Diggis

Quote from: M4346 on February 03, 2013, 06:09:10 AM
Quote from: Diggis on February 03, 2013, 06:04:31 AM

The problem with that approach is that the size difference between props often look horrible as bigger trees cut into buildings / other props  &mmm

Yes, If someone was going to do it they would need to catalogue the files that way to replace and match them to a similar sized plant.