• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Wow. This looks like a tree I can no longer avoid. I've been using CP's exclusively up till now, but trying to blend yours in has been on my to do list for a while. Good work!

Cheers
Willy

weixc812

Just follow all the ones upstairs: colors are dream like, models are great  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

epicblunder

&apls  I love the red autumn colors.  I can't wait to get my hands on them!

sim_link

I think the colours are perfect. The red is stunning - one of my favourite fall colours. Nice work!

Ol.S / Benoit

You are getting better and better, the ash tree looks amazing !
I also love the color, and thanks for the car props.  :)

One thing about your work on skycrapers, I'm a big big fan of your models, CB21 and EDF towers. Unfortunately, I can't use them because the base texture and/or the parking entrance is part of the model. As you might know, I like to create my own LOTs, and I also never use Maxis base texture. Is there any chance you can share just the building itself ?
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Girafe

Thanks for the comments  ::)

@ Benoit:
It was a choice to BAT the base of these towers, an hard choice as they are complex and needed some tweaks to fit the game. I understand your LOTer point of view but to be honest, I don't think I will export again these towers without the base due to:
- timing to unarchive the 3ds models + textures
- Exporting again day + night view (maxis night + dark night) (more than 30 hours per tower)
- Modding which is made by my team mates

Sorry for this  &mmm

The ashes trees need to be adjusted, I am not totally satisfied with the autumn colors despite your positive comments ;)
Moreover, as it was asked by LOTers, I have to extract from the groups single trees (5 or 6), export them and mod them with seasons timing. It's extremely long and I don't have the energy...
Moreover, Quesh my Icon maker is presently really busy and could start the icons only this week end  ::)

You will say why this post, if I did nothing  ::)

I worked a little bit on Carpe Diem tower, with the last pictures I get from the work site:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

Nothing to much to say but your doing a great job on the building. Keep it up. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

art128

wonderful work Antoine. Hope we'll get some nice BMU to sit on the top!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

I was just thinking this morning that it would be great to see something in this thread when I noticed this recent post  ;D   Sorry I missed the last one, those Ash trees are spectacular--I wouldn't change the colors at all. These trees may even be your best yet, though the V2 Maples would be almost impossible to beat  &apls

Progress on the new tower is looking great as well!

Thanks again for offering to help me with the snowy trees. If you didn't see the reply in my thread, the most important ones to have would be (in order of importance) birches, cat tails, bushes, maples, oaks, Norwegian maples. Merci beaucoup!

Awesome work as always  &apls

mattb325

The ash trees are fantastic. I really like the pinkish hues. Here is SE Australia, we have the claret ash (which was a hybrid of the European and American ashes) in many homes and as street trees. In autumn it turns almost every shade imaginable including burgundy and really is stunning (assuming you want more muted shades for your trees):

http://www.flemings.com.au/ornamental_details.asp?CULT_ID=ROTUND

The tower is really coming along well and the glass is quite stunng.

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on November 21, 2012, 05:31:26 PM

The ashes trees need to be adjusted, I am not totally satisfied with the autumn colors despite your positive comments ;)

It's obvious : I never saw an animal more stubborn  than a giraffe !!!  :D

Time to show them , as I've finished the two MMPs :

Cars Ortho vol03 -  40 models

Cars Diag vol03 - 40 models

Upload them ! :P

... time to show those vines as well , as I've started to play with them ;

With the same comment : Upload  them just like they're ! ( I finally didn't resize them , we have both already too much things to do and they're the best ever made ... ) I can join the diagonal tiles if you want . ;)

RDV ce soir bourrique !  ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Ol.S / Benoit

@ Girafe :
Well I understand, and I already knew that you are not gonna export them again, no problem ! :)
The thing is that I don't really understand this choice, as this is hard for you, and restrictive for us ^^ The classic base textures are working well you know !
But anyway, thanks a lot for your work. :)

Carpe Diem tower looks amazing so far ! :)

@ Badsim :
Nice vines and MMPs. I'm gonna have some fun with the sports cars ! :) Thank you.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

vortext

The vines look great. Wondering if they're seasonal as well.  ;)

Also, when you've exported the single tree models I could help out with the seasonal prop modding if you'd like.  :)

And the tower just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

xannepan

noahclem

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your kind comments  ::)

and your posting activity on this topic (BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT is the highest non-MD thread at top100 BTT ranking)  ;)

@ Noah,
I read your answer on your topic, but I need to give you some explanations.
I decided to do snowy versions for evergreen trees (only pines for time) and never for broadleaved trees as they lost their leaves for winter. It happens that early snow is falling before they lost all their leaves and it gives them a nice appearance. I never did this stage as it's really complex to BAT. I assume it's what you expected? otherwise there is a later stage where the snow is only covering the trunk and branches. This step could be done easily but IG you will not notice a big difference if the ground is snow covered.

@ Ol.S / Benoit
Batting the entire plaza gives to the BAT more "cachet" and even it's complex to do it gives details to the tower as the rest is only glass panels and few roof junk. I will think of this point for Carpe Diem Tower  ;)

@ mattb325
Thanks for the link, indeed these trees give fabulous autumn colour variations  ::)

@vortext
Thanks for offering help.

As Cédric mentioned, I started seasonal vines long time ago but I don't like them. They are not enough qualitative to my taste. As often, Cédric likes them and turn them better with a nice lotting.
There are the 4 stages I developed:

Spring: Summer: Autumn: Winter:

For the cars, Cédric did as always a good job with the modding, after I have to think about the nomenclature as our VIP team props are messy, something for later

I finalized the Ashes set by modding the props for lotting:

I wait for Quesh for the IG icons, so I hope this pack will come soon  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

I am not the first to say it, however I will just do it anyway: your BATs are beautiful. I am especially interested in your vines. May I add them to my Farm Fields?

Edit = typo

noahclem

I can't wait for those ashes!

As for the winter flora, I wasn't thinking anything with leaves still on. Just snow on the bare trees would be great. If there are a lot of trees the ones without snow can look quite out of place next to your snow covered pines. Where I live the birches are a really important part of the look of our winter forests. The cat tails look especially out of place if I try to make a nice winter pond scene. Glad to hear that it should be easy  :thumbsup: