• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol.S / Benoit

God this is amazing !
And thanks a lot for the wheat fields, perfect work ! :) (Check my MD  ;) )
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Beautiful work on the maples  &apls &apls  I'm glad to hear we'll be getting prop version of some of your trees too!

The building looks great--I hope it makes it into the game eventually  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

You really have an eye for interesting architecture. I have to admit: i´m really not a fan of the most recent architecture, often it looks like curtains on mostly boring buildings. But always, if i´m looking into Your thread, i´m stunned by Your choice of modern buildings.
And a big thank You for making props from Your new trees - i would love to use them on lots, they are the best i can think of.
Greetz, Carl

Girafe

Thanks for your comments  :)

I am progressing a little bit with the maples. I did the timed props but I have to export again the "summer" items for evergreen props.

Moreover I have to integrate the autumn version in the Mayor mod which means export again winter + summer. It's a very boring job and I don't think I will do for other flora sets...  %wrd

No news about Carl for the modding of EDF tower  %wrd but two old projects are resurecting, thanks to my BSC mates  ::)

There are the 8 timed props for the lotters:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Looks great as always though I can't tell for sure, did you increase their size a bit?

Quote from: Girafe on July 02, 2012, 02:20:52 PM
Moreover I have to integrate the autumn version in the Mayor mod which means export again winter + summer. It's a very boring job and I don't think I will do for other flora sets...  %wrd

NOOOO!!  :'(  ()sad()

Sadly I don't have any BATting experience whatsoever but still, if in the future you need help putting together MMPs or anything, I'm willing to lend a hand. Artists should not be distracted with petty details but remain focused on creating beautiful sculptures instead  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Shark7

Quote from: vortext on July 02, 2012, 02:37:05 PM
Looks great as always though I can't tell for sure, did you increase their size a bit?

Quote from: Girafe on July 02, 2012, 02:20:52 PM

NOOOO!!  :'(  ()sad()

Sadly I don't have any BATting experience whatsoever but still, if in the future you need help putting together MMPs or anything, I'm willing to lend a hand. Artists should not be distracted with petty details but remain focused on creating beautiful sculptures instead  ;)

I have tried...the modeling of the meshes was difficult (in my case, never could get the hang of it), so I understand why he doesn't want to have to repeat it over and over.  That would get tedious.  Still the results speak for themselves, his tree models are very intricate and detailed.   :)

noahclem

Fall maples are looking beautiful and I'm excited to see what's going to be resurrected  &apls

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Kergelen

Beautiful maples!  &apls
As vortex said it seems a little bigger than previous ones which I like because you can see it better that they are so beautiful.

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

Quote from: Shark7 on July 03, 2012, 09:19:34 PM
I have tried...the modeling of the meshes was difficult (in my case, never could get the hang of it), so I understand why he doesn't want to have to repeat it over and over.  That would get tedious.  Still the results speak for themselves, his tree models are very intricate and detailed.   :)

You're saying every single leave and branch is modelled by hand?!  ()what() Really I have no clue about this stuff and somehow assumed the basic structure was done with some clever 3d modelling algorithm and then a bit of manual tweaking afterwards. Anyhow, I greatly appraciate all the flora done so far as it's been a game changer for me, quite literally. Also love the recent wheat (and poppy!) props, they make for great farmfields, especially on hillsides :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Quote from: vortext on July 04, 2012, 01:52:14 PM
You're saying every single leave and branch is modelled by hand?!

Sure is....the new versions of 3ds Max have plugins vaialble/created that can generate and seed flora, but in GMAX flora modelling can be quite a pain. The only trick is to have some really good alpha maps at your disposal.

Anyway, Girafe, these new maples are excellent and I'm glad to see that you will make props of them :thumbsup:

Girafe

Thanks for you comments.

At first not good news regarding private life, the thesis's oral was not going well and there is possibility that I had to do it again which would surely signs the end of my "sc4 life" and lot of other things...  &ops

I finished the maples v2, but I think Jim is travelling abroad and while he is the only scrutineer available the set will not be uploaded soon  &mmm

Lowkee is not here for modding EDF tower, I despair to see it on the LEX  &ops

Regarding the 2 resurrecting projects:

- Matt was kindly lotting and modding the Chalet but his computer crashed. He saved the lot but he needs time to recover all modding softwares, so on hold for time.

- the second project is on the hands of another BSC mate and is going slowly, hope to see it this summer  ::) (no picture for time) 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

weixc812

To end your sc4 life, Girafe?
That's too bad news for us  &mmm
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

mgarcia

Hi - I'm sad to hear about your thesis.    &Thk/( I'm sure your already making the correct changes to succeed.  Wish you the best - your hard work will pay off.

In regards to you batting, excellent as always.  Hope you are able to complete them.
Take care!

Merari

Girafe

TY,

I worked a little bit this week end with my friend Amthaak.

Old building from Moscow:

The Floraler

noahclem

Lovely new building  &apls  Reminds me a bit of architecture in Helsinki. Hope everything goes well at school  :thumbsup:

art128

Great looking building! I can really feel the Moscow atmosphere.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Great building! You give me the envy of batting again...

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Flatron

Nice, reminds me of bavarian small town architecture :thumbsup:

Girafe

Thanks for the comments,

These small Moscow BATs could fit in lot of MDs as they are not so typical from Russia but can be found in lot of european countries.

On ST, they didn't like the roofs, so another try with few adjustments and a second color:

@Guillaume, I am glad, you recover the envy of batting  ;) Don't forget you have some beauties to put on the LEX

Maples V2 is on the LEX:

The Floraler