• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgarcia

AWWWWWesome - the EDF, the trains and the farm equipment/machinery are simply gorgeous.  I am glad that your retirement from batting stops at "I have a little time now and then to complete some stuff" even though it means waiting for them anxiously but patiently as they may take longer than expected.  Worth the wait.

vortext

Hooray, he's back!   ;D

Trains look great, as do the wheat props  :thumbsup:
And besides for mmps, those would be usefull for actual farmfields as well  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

The return of SC4's most talented and ambitious "floraler" is wonderful if true! It looks to me like everything you touch turns to gold--though I understand that many hours of effort are required for such perfection. You coming back is an excuse to "gush" for a bit, so I will: for months I've thought your maples to be the best thing made for SC4 in 2011 (outside the NAM which is done by many people, not just one) but your Norwegian maples are even/or/almost/better! I love how the last click ends up with a single large tree. I don't know if you're really going to have time again now but I do have a serious request: ice-covered deciduous trees, preferably aspens. I appreciated you pointing out the newest VIP seasonal trees but they don't seem snow-covered and I know that you're the master of both snow and trees. If you don't have time I completely understand but I just had to ask for this one  ::)

vester

Lowkee33

Why not make normal field lots?  At least then it would function.

FrankU

Maybe I can become a VIP guest?  :)
I am willing to help with lotting of farm fields. It's one of the things I do anyway. Project still under construction, but I have made about 25 new farm fields.
And the Daniel Libeskind tower: can you maybe find someone else to render and finish the project if you have no time for it? it looks soooo awfully good!  :o

All the best and have fun!

weixc812

Yep, there's a lot of things for me to expect since you've decided to return for some while  ;D
I'm so glad to hear the news  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Girafe

Thanks for your kind words   ::) ::),

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 09, 2012, 05:42:21 AM
Why not make normal field lots?  At least then it would function.

Not the approach I would like for some reasons.

This kind of flora is really complex, much more than a tree. So the wheat prop is only a square 2x2m. So on a sc4 square 16x16m, there are a lot of props. Moreover you have to do the lot with the 3 versions (autumn, spring and summer), it's a nightmare for lotting.

Secondly in your menus, if you have 3 or 4 lots for wheat, same for rap, sunflowers... it becomes quickly messy.
For these reasons I prefer to develop a MMPS but I face to the problem of 4 versions (due to 4 seasons even if winter is not a season for cereal flora) and I don't want to remove one season  :(

what's your idea about this?

Preliminary test, don't know what to think about rap...

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on February 09, 2012, 02:48:05 PM
So the wheat prop is only a square 2x2m. So on a sc4 square 16x16m, there are a lot of props. Moreover you have to do the lot with the 3 versions (autumn, spring and summer), it's a nightmare for lotting.

Secondly in your menus, if you have 3 or 4 lots for wheat, same for rap, sunflowers... it becomes quickly messy.
For these reasons I prefer to develop a MMPS but I face to the problem of 4 versions (due to 4 seasons even if winter is not a season for cereal flora) and I don't want to remove one season  :(

Actually, if these were used for growable farm fields, it would only require a 1x1 lot with timed props. Moreover, all 4 seasons could be included. I think these props when finished should be send off to Frank  ;)
time flies like a bird

Lowkee33

They do look good as flora, much more realistic to not be in the grid.  However, you can't have 4 seasons on one flora plop, props have significantly more flexible timing (wheat and other grains are harvested more than once a year), flora cast shadows (which are going to greatly effect your game with so many faces) while props don't have to, props can be random so you can get relatively realistic looking harvesters when you want them, and fields grow by themselves to save everyone time.  Maybe make a simple seasonal flora to hide the grid of a growable field.

FrankU

Hi, well, I have been experimenting with this kind of stuff.

I actually made several farmfields with four seasons. For the maize field I used rambuckels maize props. She even made, on my request, a spring stage for me. The models are not yet perfect, otherwise I could show the results.
I have three models:  young maize plants, full grown maize plants and remaining stubbs after reaping. All these three props I have made into seasonal props and I put them all onto one field lot. By choosing the right cycle and prop duration I made a farm field that changes four times a year. The fourth stage being the winter: empty farm field.

I could make something like this with these wheat props. Not a problem.
Repetition in the props is not a real problem: in real life farm fields have everything in rational rows. This is already some kind of repetition.
The only improvement that I could think of is that it would be wise to have props the size of a tile: 16x16 meters, or something like 8x8, otherwise the lot will have 3x16 is 48 props! I fear the game will slow down when there are many wheat farms on the city tile.

Send me a PM if you like.

Frank

Girafe

For time I let aside the wheat. I have to think about the best method to implant cereals in the game.

I finished an old old project, it was a request from my dear guinea fowl Yann for his fabulous MD: Corsica.

It's parasol pines, that finally are close to be released.

A big thank to Quesh for being in backstage each time I need flora icons  &apls &apls

And a special thank to Yann for giving me awesome pictures of Corsica for illustrating the parasol pines.  &apls &apls

I developed different pics however I don't know which one to choose for the LEX, so up to you to choose which one you prefer  ::)

1 2

3 4

5 6

2 fabulous pictures from Corsica by Yann:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Delecto

Bravo Antoine!  &apls &apls &apls
The quality is amazing and Yann's pictures give great credit to your work. A magnificent new realization of the Girafe.  ;D

My favorite picture is number 3!

Sam.

vortext

excellent trees as always  :thumbsup:

number 4 is my favorite
time flies like a bird

Yan077

number 6, because we can see the pine needles  :P

Ol.S / Benoit

I like all of them but N°6 whith no doubt, considering that this is for the pines.
I do not comment a lot here, but as always, I'm a big fan of your work mister Antoine. :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

lak47

Fantastic work with the agricultural stuff  &apls

And yes, No 6 looks superb  ;D

noahclem

More beautiful trees  &apls  The pics are all beautiful but agree that #6 best displays the trees.

weixc812

Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Kergelen

wow Girafe! Those pines are stunning. The small pine leaves are incredibly well done  :o &apls
It's exactly what I need as I'm working in a Med town.
I agree that number 6 is the best shot.

Glad to see you are still here!!

Links to SC4 websites