• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cities with GLR/Tram + walkways?

Started by fantozzi, April 26, 2019, 07:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

The historic center of many european cities consists of Tram in pedestrian walkway.

Is it possible to create such a city center with pedestrian and Tram?

Also, if you have links to some major diaries making use of GLR please share with me.

Thank you.

Tyberius06

Quote from: fantozzi on April 26, 2019, 07:10:06 AM
The historic center of many european cities consists of Tram in pedestrian walkway.

Is it possible to create such a city center with pedestrian and Tram?

Also, if you have links to some major diaries making use of GLR please share with me.

Thank you.

The current NAM GLR is working like that. I mean the GLR tracks are on pedestiran texture tiles. However they don't have pedestrian paths, but you can place the PEDmall pieces (better to use the NAM facelift mod and Paengs Pedmall Parks together with the NAM pedmalls) next to them.
Here is a part of one of my cities. Pedmalls next to the GLR tracks. Note, I'm using paeng sandstone mod and MGB204's SWN/Sandstone NAM mod that's why it has different look then the default NAM.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

I'm almost sure there are a couple of puzzle pieces of Tram over Pedmall that should do the trick, even if they aren't the most flexible option (only orthogonals, IIRC). I would check and even add an image, but I had hibernated the computer with the game open, and it didn't manage to open the city tile and crashed. No big issue, just a little reminder that I shouldn't be opening a game at the office :P

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895