• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monkey Island

Started by Schulmanator, July 23, 2007, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

More Monkey Business from Monkey Island!

Monkey Island has been very prosperous. Its initial success and the success of a futuristic outpost on a nearby island have led to rumors of some crossovers of characters and plot lines. King C. George has approved the new official seal shown above. It will be applied to all official documents and serve as the emblem of the island. As part of the celebration of the great success Monkey Island has had exporting bananas to Beta 6, a special commemorative coin was released.

A few prosperous monkeys moved into fancy homes near the king's palace.

The palace grounds provide a gathering place for curious young monkeys from across the island. The king hosts a festival once a year. Free events for the kids include the banana toss, the banana relay run, and acrobatic vine swinging.

The monkeys love it so much! The "ooo ooos" and "aaah ahhhs" of the happy monkeys fill the lush grounds. The king stands on his balcony and tosses bananas to the adoring crowd below.

Interestingly enough, the new prosperity brought about a need for better educated monkeys. King C. George commissioned a new institute of higher learning.

A sample of what you can earn at BSU

BSU does have a reputation as a college "animal house"...

BSU offers undergraduate degrees in lice picking, banana peeling, and chest thumping. Graduate studies are available in advanced organ grinding. New technology arrived as well. Monkey Island used its banana profits to purchase high speed internet access for all monkacitizens. The new web portals, www.monkeyisland.ooo and www.monkeyisland.aaa , were a huge success! Soon, monkeys all over the island were logging on and even starting their own MDs on SC4D!

Here are the ghost writers who provide most of the Monkey Island content. They telecommute from Monkey Island and post their updates on SC4D using their new service. SC4D moderators say the monkey team does a better job than some of the non-monkeys on the staff, especially that Schulmanator guy. Programming Director Kyng Kong, often confused with his twin brother of the same name, has been quoted as saying "Those monkeys do three times the work for half the price. And they're better groomed, too. Schulmanator never gets his lice picked out and he also spends too much time poking ant mounds with sticks. What would we do without those monkeys??!!"

Not all of the money was spent on internet access, higher learning and festivals. Every home was fitted with broadband access and a banana delivery service brought 2 bunches to each family every morning for breakfast.

Bananas- not just for breakfast anymore!

Luxury homes like this have great ap-peel for up and coming monkeys!

On that note, I leave you!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

TheTeaCat

Anoher wonderful update. More tea for the monkeys is on the way :thumbsup:

Good to hear they are being edumacated and will soon proper Monkey speak :thumbsup:

Looking forward to next update

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Very clever update. Maybe some of the local day spas could offer lice picking along with the standard grooming procedures to bring in a few extra commemorative banana coins. (Oh, and nice photos BTW.)

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Fantastic second update, Schulmanator! Wonderful work! Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

This is fantastic! I love the inclusion of the Super Monkey Ball shots (great game, by the way)! And the island itself looks amazing! Great update, my friend!

Schulmanator

patfirefghtr   Don't go bananas... yet! There's more to come!

bat   Thanks! Here it is!

nova vesfalo     Thanks! It is a monkey paradise. The government is a primatocracy, so everyone with or without prehensile tails is welcome!

TheTeaCat    Thanks for the banana tea. I am glad you liked update 2. Feel free to swing on over... they will have banana scones to go with your tea!

Jmouse        Now THAT'S an idea—lice picking spas! Why didn't *I* think of that?!

bat   Thanks! More is on the way!

thundercrack83      Thanks! I enjoy mixing in-game and random pix. It adds another dimension of lunacy to my work!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

&apls &apls LoL all i can say is good work here... loved the update it was very funnnie....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

abcvs

Well well well look who we found...

emilin

I can't stop laughing right now. The baboon with the lap top is wonderful. It's all lovely. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Patriots1228

monkeys=my favorite animal.

i have bonsai and i remember the prince dude from schulmanator. King George looks like a great leader. This is definetely the best MD ever!

Schulmanator

patfirefghtr   Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it,

abcvs   I did not know that King C. George was also a movie star!!! What are the odds??!!

emelin    Thanks! I am glad you liked  the latest episode of Monkey Island!

Patriots_1228    Thanks for stopping in. I did not know you were a monkey person. Feel free to swing in anytime!

Schulmanator

Officially Certified Monkey Island Update

Brought to you by:

And

Promotional consideration provided by

And now, on to the show!

When we last saw Monkey Island, the town was awash in bananas earned from brisk trade with the Star Trek Outpost Beta 6 on a nearby island. The outpost purchased many banana byproducts, such as the peels, which were used for shuttlecraft skids. The added income led to a huge increase in civic amenities and the population in general. Census data reveals in the 10 years following first contact with Beta 6, the population increased from 9,000 to 45,000 – a 500% increase! So, how did the monkeys raise their standard of living while pentupling their population? Thank the great leader, King C. George! He opened the Curious George Balloonport to facilitate trade and commerce with Beta 6 and other monkey areas. He also upgraded the ferry port to accommodate vehicles and pedestrimonkeys. Daily traffic is up to 8000 at the port.

This high tech communication array kept Monkey Island in contact with Outpost Beta 6 and the Federation at large. As a neutral state, Monkey Island also supplies Klingons with bananas and even the Borg have been known to assimilate a few of the tasty succulent Monkey Island bananas!

The ferry port at the end of town is one of the catalysts of this economic increase. At the top of the hill nearby is the new Grape Ape Finishing School. Preppy monkeys come here to learn good manners, such as not dragging your knuckles as you walk and saying "Pardon me"  before you start picking lice off of a new acquaintance. And, of course, everyone knows not to eat the lice you pick until you first offer them to your guests!

One of the most important new businesses to come to Monkey Island is its first chain franchise store.

Without opposable thumbs, staples were vitally important in monkey commerce and day-to-day life. Thank goodness this store showed up! The store did stop stocking the banana-shaped highlighters. It seemed the staff was eating them!

The new level of prosperity meant bananas for all! A special commemorative banana was issued, pressed from the juiciest, yellowest bananas of all. This keepsake was legal tender, but most folks put them proudly on display.

With all of this wealth, Monkey Island has been able to climb the tree of success and swing from its vines with gusto!

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Patriots1228

whered you get those banana trees?

"pardon me" really funny great job schulmanator. whats monkey islands policy on Butt Scratching and/or Armpit scratching? Do they have anti-racism laws to protect baboons from chimps? ;D

Jmouse

Oh, this is just too much! I'm not sure if little old ladies should laugh so loud all at one time,  :P but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
And if you back out on this MD, I'll personally find you and whack you with a bunch of bananas!

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Another wonderful update, Schulmanator! Great work and pictures!

Btw, my 2200th post!

thundercrack83

I get hungry for bananas every time I visit your MD, Schulmanator! The island looks great, and your storytelling is outstanding! Funny stuff you have going on here! Keep it up!

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Schulmanator

Filasimo   Thanks for coming by. I am glad you enjoyed this edition of Monkey Island! I saw that story in the link... I wonder if that was the Man With The Yellow Hat!

patriots1228   Those are the ploppable agricultural fields with bananas on them... there's 3 types, so I mix them up to reduce the uniformity.

Jmouse   Thanks! I can't have little old ladies whacking me with bananas, can I? I suppose I had better get to work on new MI material!

bat    Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Monkey Island. You are welcome back anytime!

thundercrack83    You are very kind. Monkey Island is my relaxation and fun MD. So, if it is fun for you too, then I am delighted! And, with that, I offer a round of bananas, on the house!       

patfirefghtr   Thanks! More is on the way! Oooooh! Oooooh!

TheTeaCat

I think this MD will become a "staple" part of my life. All those banana skins I was wondeing is it a crime to throw the on the pavement?

great update :thumbsup:

kettle's boiling

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II