• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monkey Island

Started by Schulmanator, July 23, 2007, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

I just caught this line:

The goal: 1000 monkeys at 1000 typewriters. Soon, they will write the greatest story ever told.

"It was the best of times it was the blurst of times?!!?"

Ahh, Mr. Burns.

I believe the Karma Police will be visiting you for that one!

Schulmanator

Jmouse   Thanks for coming by. You are so sweet! I am glad you like Monkey Island. I will have to start issuing travel visas soon. Then, you can come on by anytime!

ryalmighty1   Thanks! I do like to have some offbeat stuff... I have never been normal. Must have been all of the plutonium I got in my baby bottle. It is just not fair – Peter Parker gets bitten by a radioactive spider and gets super powers. I guzzle plutonium and all I get is a island full of monkeys! Where's the justice??!!!

patriots_1228   That's right! You did not see a thing!

emelin    You are too kind! Those monkeys deserve most of the credit... they do some great lines for me... when they are not picking lice off of each other!

thundercrack83   YESSSSSSS!!! I love it when someone knows where I get my material! I have lots of Simpsons and Trek references in my work... mostly those, but there are others too. As William Shatner said when auditioning for the part of Mr. Burns in his autobiographical movie.... "Ex! Cell! Ent!"

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Schulmanator

Good news!! A sponsor has provided funds for the next mini update! Everyone, please welcome...

Now, let's see who wins awards today from the Embassy of Monkey Island...

If you didn't get your visa... fear not! The tourism office is still processing them. More are coming!  :party:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

Schulmanator that is soo cool i defintly saved my visa to make sure it never gets missplaced thanks again - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

I have laminated my one and shall be placing a copy on the wall in TTC(TheTeacatsCafe).

What a wonderful little touch &apls &apls. The official kettle has been brought out for this momentous occasion.
Just getting the bags packed for my next trip to Monkey Island.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Thanks for this! and congrats to the others who got one! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more of Monkey Island! ;)

NikNik

LOL....roll over from laughter......  &apls

Great story, great inhabitants.

Being Dutch I have to ask where to find the Banana Bar........

You know.....which one I mean......

.....the one that Rocks.....

But alas, probably Monkey Island will only have bars like this:

Nik-Nik

thundercrack83

WOW! I got a tourist visa directed from my good friend Mr. Teeny! Thank you very much for this honor, my friend! I love it!

Schulmanator

patfirefghtr   I am glad you like it! Now you can come anytime!

TheTeaCat   I am delighted to know it is displayed for all to see. I am excited that the Official Kettle has come out for this occasion! I am having a spot of peach tea to mark the occasion, myself!

bat   I am glad you like it! More Monkey Island is on the way!

NikNik    Thanks for dropping by! Always glad to have a new visitor to Monkey Island. Hmmm, they probably have both bars in Monkey Island!

thundercrack83   Mr. Teeny was hoping you'd come by the Channel 6 studios after the show – he's hotwiring Krusty's limo and ready to head out to the National Grammar Rodeo in Canada. But, if he ends up at the 1982 World's fair in Knoxville, don't blame him – it was that tempting guide in the glove compartment! WOW! A giant Rubik's Cube!

Jmouse

More, more, more!

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

thundercrack83   Mr. Teeny was hoping you'd come by the Channel 6 studios after the show – he's hotwiring Krusty's limo and ready to head out to the National Grammar Rodeo in Canada. But, if he ends up at the 1982 World's fair in Knoxville, don't blame him – it was that tempting guide in the glove compartment! WOW! A giant Rubik's Cube!

Ahhh, the World's Fair, another classic moment! You're full of them, my friend! I'll be looking forward to more!

Schulmanator

thundercrack83

I'll be waiting for the next update, my friend! I'm looking forward to it!

bat

Also looking forward to the next update! :)

Madeira aka Constantina

It's beautiful!

Now I want to plop banana trees in my own cities.  :)

Pat

darn im gonna gooooooo Bananana's im getting ready to split.... well err um taking my time and i keep saying that lol but i hope to get some great reading when i come back here Schulmanator... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Mayoor Ennedi visited Monkey Island last weekend (incognito, there wasn't a big problem with dressing up) and he is delighted  :thumbsup:

"I love this atmosphere" he said. He found this place very relaxing. The abstract art is fantastic here!  :D

Mayour Ennedi proudly inform that a new banana plantation was established in Shosaloza. The first part of a special kind of Alpine Bananas is ready to shipment (check the penultimate update). The new plantation is located in Whistler Valley, whistlers send regards to monkeys  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Schulmanator

Jmouse       Glad to see you back! I hope the new update will be better than a plate of freshly baked chocolate chimp cookies! (I know that was lame, but it made me chuckle!)

thundercrack83       It's coming soon! A banana-laced update with true ap-peel!

bat   Thanks! More is on the way! Prepare to be dazzled! Well, maybe not dazzled. More like mildly amused! lol

Madeira   I am glad you like it! Always glad to have a new visitor to Monkey Island. Feel free to plop bananas. Our residents will swing by and help you eat them!

patfirefightr    Thanks for dropping by! Oh no! Don't split! The next update will tell a tail of monkey adventures!

Ennedi    Always glad to have a new visitor to Monkey Island! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay! Perhaps you would enjoy our new official breakfast drink, orangutan? A free sample awaits you upon your next visit.

Orangutan, exported to the rest of the world as "orange tang"!

I am intrigued about alpine bananas. I am sure King C. George would enjoy a shipment. He will send proper payment for a crate of them. He'll eat them too – look at this file photo:

Madeira aka Constantina

ever since i sited monkey island my cities are showing interest in a new island of fruits, not just bananas. bananas in my regions are £1 per lb.

after the EU admitted defeat in the war of metrication, i will sell bananas in pounds and ounces only. for stones and ton measurements please enquire.

yummy.

Schulmanator

Officially Certified Monkey Island Expansion Pack![/b]

Brought to you by:

And

Promotional consideration provided by

And now, on to the show!

Welcome to...

Today's simian shoppers demand great quality... at great prices! So, Monkey Island has created The Shoppes at Monkey Island, the first enclosed shopping mall on Monkey Island. Ringed with satellite shopping centers and fine dining, The Shoppes at Monkey Island is sure to become the hot spot for shopping for monkeys of all species!

Today, we will see several of our favorite monkeys on an expedition to find great values!

Ty Bonsai, sophisticated monkey about town

Baby Curious, an ever-so-charming lad

Dangles Monkanana is always helpful and kind and hungry.

They are all impressed as they approach the new mall. The entrance is located along a looping one way road, Banana Circle.

The fountain at the entrance to Banana Circle beckons shoppers. Banana Circle leads to the mall itself as well as the outlet mall and a swarm of surrounding shops and restaurants. There's also several ornamental tress locals can swing from when they need a break from shopping.

When you approach the magnificent Shoppes at Monkey Island, prepare to be dazzled... and to have your wallet lightened! Bonsai is looking to blow his paycheck on lots of little goodies at the mall. Dangles will check out the food court. Curious will window shop.

Luckily, the parking lot is not too crowded. It's probably because the nearby outlet mall is having 25% off sale for Chimp Appreciation Week. The tamarins usually take the bus, so even though hundreds are hanging around the mall (literally), they parking lot is never quite as full as you might expect.

Dangles dropped in on Banana World to get a new silvertone banana bunch holder. He also got matching banana peelers and a set of bananarita glasses (for when he's having big monkey beverages). Curious stopped in on OohOohCrombie & AhhAhh, a popular clothing store for young monkeys. He got himself a cool new blue sweatshirt.

While Bonsai was standing in line at Ape Brothers, Dangles headed out across the parking lot for a snack. Applebee's, Chili's, or Hooters? I suppose whichever is having a special on bananas... waddaya know? They all are!!! Choices, choices...

Bonsai was worn out from all of the shopping, so he headed out across the parking lot the other way toward the hotel. He lugged his purchases to his 8th floor suite and chilled out in front of the TV for a while. [insert product placement here] He spent 3 hours watching great shows on MonkeyTV, the premier source for monkey news, weather, sports and entertainment. When you think TV, think MonkeyTV.

Curious was left unsupervised, as he often is. He headed out to the store across the parking lot. He hoped Kohl's would have some cool new jeans for him to wear – ones with tail holes. He was clutching the ad in today's newspaper – he can save 15% if he opens a charge account with his purchase. I'll bet he does it, too!

Luckily, they all keep up with each other on their cellphones and meet up at the shops by the rail station. They each needed equipment from the Sports Authority. They needed new swinging vines and also uniforms for their banana ball team.

Dangles led the charge across the parking lot for lunch. There are quite a few emporia ringing the mall. With his hearty appetite, he may supersize himself before he's done!

Baby Curious finally picks Azteca as their lunch destination. They all laugh as they enter, joking to one another about the need to keep the windows open in the car on the way back. Each already knew the impact the platters of bean burritos would have on the others. And, to think that scientists blame global warming on vehicle emissions!