• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

cederic simply amazing stuff here recently wow!!! I am soo impressed here!!!  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Stunning. Simply stunning &apls

Its a pleasure to watch a master at work.
The use of the blank CS$$$ lot and resizing - very clever trick (note to self - must remember that)

I am always left amazed at what I see when I click on your thread  ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Badsim

Hi ,

With my best wishes to you all for 2009 , all the more this year , announced as a very bad one .  ::)

Various works , various news ...

Firstly , as announced on my previous post , all AntigOne's trees - deciduous ones - are now configured to be seasonal and/or semi-seasonal . Porkissimo's "Street leaves" used with them appear now from November to the end of December only .

Have also started to work with Youcef/TSC canal set . Have to confess that I've been firstly disappointed with it ; that's well known that , if Buildings are more or less accurately scaled in SC4 , props need to be overscaled ... and , near props like Sims or cars , this canal set looks underscaled . Fortunately , have found some ways to give it more relief , adding props like walls and railings ... hope you will like it , Youcef .

Welcome to Notre-Dame de Paris'AntigOne . :P

It took me near a week of LotEditing for the few pictures you're going to see , trying many things to be as close to reality than possible .
Near a week , yep , maybe does it sound crazy for ...5 Lots ... but how much longer did it take to Debussyman to BAT it ?

So , that's only justice for that masterpiece .

I worked - I'm working should I rather say , as it is far to be finished - with a lot of real pictures like those for details ...

... and GoolgleEarth for the overview as , personally , I didn't go to Paris during the ten last years .  ::)

The project here is to reproduce the whole Ile de la Citè

Maybe have you noticed the Bouquinistes (famous secondhand booksellers of Paris ) along the Seine ...

Time to tell you one thing or two about vnaoned ( Vincent ... ) .
vnaoned is a new and very very promising french BATer . He is also the author of the most stunning MD I've seen since a long time , with his own BATs .... take a few minutes to visit it at TSC ; http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=517794&page=1 . Absolutely stunning . &apls

vnaoned , because he enjoy my work as I enjoy his , sent me some props he did ( That's not a request ... ) :

Among these props , there are also the famous Wallace fountains ...

... more than 100 of these fountains offered to parisians by Sir Wallace are disseminated in Paris since 1875.

These props , and hopefully some others to come , are so complementary to Porkissimo's ones that I exhorted him to release & upload a prop pack .
Waiting for it , thank you so much  Vincent .  :thumbsup:

Well , it seems that AntigOne v2 will be more parisian than ever .... ;)

Replies ...

Youcef ( Thanks once more for the canal set and , yes , I will certainly request you specific pieces for a diagonal bridge ... ;D ) , Arthur , kimcar , bat , gobo77 , Robin & Pat , thanks for your comments .  I know I should take time to comment your own works ... in other words ,  I should spend less time with LE and more on these forums ... hummm , should be possible during the next days . ;)

Quote from: beto_080480 on December 28, 2008, 09:53:33 AM
J' aimerais savoir s'il y a possibilité que tu "release" your work.

"My work" is now a collection of more than 1000 custom Lots - I would be the king of STEX , LEX and so on !!!  :D -
No , alas ...
These Lots working like puzzle pieces are too specific and I'm working regardless dependancies ... sometimes working with outdated prop packs , duplicated files and so on .
No , sorry , don't wait for . That's the main reason why I've chosen instead to show the more "making of" possible ...

Quote from: XoX on January 01, 2009, 02:11:38 PM

You should make the vuitton center-shop on champs elysées  ;D It will be very caracteristic of this avenue!

Good idea ... I know there's one on the STEX  by lacoigne . But I think it's too large to be integrated to a parisian block ... that said , I'll verify . ;)

Quote from: alan_vzla on January 05, 2009, 11:07:18 AM

One question, what is the name of the prop that you use as avenue median in the lot you made?

JENX_Gare_du_Nord_v27h_x_FrontSide3  from Gare du Nord by Xannepan , first version on the STEX . I don't know version 2 on the LEX .
Alan , I did never reply to your PM ... sorry . :-[ 
Well  you don't need any authorization from me to do that you want ...  ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on December 28, 2008, 04:18:33 PM
I'll be spending some time with LE in 2009, and you know who my exemplar will be!

Joan

Hi Joan , rather a good new when I thought you gave up with LE .  :thumbsup:
If you need any advices ... I'm there .  :)

Quote from: TheTeaCat on January 05, 2009, 11:45:30 AM

Its a pleasure to watch a master at work.

Thank you , Derry . Would like to see you as well  more often "at work" in your MD , like we can see you at work in the LotEditor Projects thread ... You have rather chosen humour and finally that's a great touch of personality .... AntigOne is far to be that fun .  ;)

See you later . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Ennedi

Sorry for so long absence Cedric (I was ill and had some other RL issues), and best wishes for you for the whole New Year 2009! :thumbsup:

Perfect work (as always  :D)! I like the plaza texture and the apppearance of grassy stripes, there aren't so aggressive like most of grass fillers, and they look very realistic.
I love Bouquinistes props, it would be good to see more similar stuff in SC4. One of my dreams is to recreate an alley like Las Ramblas in Barcelona, there are a lot of small shops, kiosks and market stalls, but I don't know where to look for something original... ;)

It's a great pleasure to see Antigone is still alive. I will try to make some movement in Shosaloza too  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

vnaoned

Wow... tis is great what you've accomplished. I'm amazed as always and, in fact very flattered you used those props (and so well!)

As you seem to have planned to reconstruct the île de la cité, I suppose I got a little more time for the fountains? ( :D)

I promised on TSC that I would release at least one or to Props packs (And a promise is a promise)

Whatever, I'm glad you come back to what you do so good... Lotting!

Jmouse

Cedric, there is no end to your imagination and creative spirit - a fact for which I am eternally grateful! Whether you're (virtually) playing in the hay fields or strolling about the historic paths of Paris, you see things with a magical eye and make them your own. What an enviable talent you have, and to think you choose to share it with us. Amazing!

Always looking forward to more...

Joan

iamgoingtoeatyou

Oh my goodness, this puts my version to shame!

BarbarossaS

Fantastic update as always, Cedric. I went to Paris myself, not too long ago, and I find this very realistic looking! The amount of details you add to your lots never stops to amaze me.

Best of wishes to you too in this new year.

Stijn

Youcefk69

Bravo c'est superbe comme d'habitude, tu m'impressionnera toujours !!  :thumbsup: Oui le canal est "petit" :D mais le prochain pack réglera ça avec des rives plus réelles ;)

Very wonderful habitually ! Yes the canal, it's "small" :D the future addon will repair it  ;)

Bonne chance !

Yoder7652

Fantastic work Cedric....It has been awhile since I commented and you've made much progress on Antigone. As always, your work inspires me to do better with my own cities and of course steal some of your ideas  $%#Ninj2 :D Looking forward to more.

art128

Wonderful work Cedric. &apls
You are a master for the plaza! !  :thumbsup:
ah and I have this site , there's a lot of pictures of French's city photographed by helicopter  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vnaoned

Thank you very much art128, this web site is a real mine for inspiration!

alan_vzla

Great update my friend... AntigOne V2 is looking awesome  :thumbsup:

And another question, if I may, The statue next to the canal... is product of your "personal" touch,  or is it always been there? Because I went to France 1 1/2 years ago and I don't have any memory of it. (for the record, I don't dislike the statue, only curiosity  ::) )

Anyway... One more time, congratulations!
Alan

bat

That is a great new update! Wonderful pictures of AnigOne! :thumbsup:
Nice area...

kimcar

&apls Another master work Cedric. Great to see your work everytimes. Have fun :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

Such detail in those lots, yet they feel open and airy at the same time. Truly outstanding work, Cedric! I don't know how you can keep topping yourself, but you always manage to do it...  &apls

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

serebii666

WOW! these buildings (and city) are phenomenal! Great Job! :thumbsup: ;D

P.S. Where did you find the (new) texture that you use in Darwin's Park? Also, Where could I find NOB's texture modd that you use for your rail systems?  ()what()

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me.

Thank you,
David
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

toxicpiano

Excellent as usual. vnaoned is great as well! Reminds of the UK :)
Btw, where are your canals from?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Badsim

Hi ,

Each new Lot of AntigOne v2 requiring about twice more work and time than previously , each of them requiring creations of multiple examplars of props differently timed , resized and so on , and giving not -that time- any other information ; I hope you'll take time to enjoy this set of pictures , just wondering  " How did he manage to do that ?" again ....  $%Grinno$%

Most of all , I hope you'll be satisfied with that new and slower rhythm of updates , as there's no chance for me to go faster . And , to tell you the truth , I don't know where I go ... but I just can't stop .  ::)

Square Jean XXIII ( behind Notre-Dame ) and Square de L'ile de France ( with the underground Second World War Deportation Memorial ) were something to recreate !  :-[

... the only thing missing is the neo-gothic fountain of the Virgin . I sent a PM to Debussyman ... if he don't want to (or have no time for...) release it , I will rework that Lot with other props .

OK , that's all for the 15 next days or so .... :P

Replies :

Quote from: Ennedi on January 08, 2009, 03:08:17 PM

I love Bouquinistes props, it would be good to see more similar stuff in SC4. One of my dreams is to recreate an alley like Las Ramblas in Barcelona, there are a lot of small shops, kiosks and market stalls, but I don't know where to look for something original... ;)

I know well Las Remblas ... at SC4 angles of view , we would see ... trees ! Except in winter with seasonal trees ! That said , even winters are great in Barcelona !  ;D
Thanks Adam , that's great to have you back . :)

Quote from: vnaoned on January 08, 2009, 03:59:06 PM
Wow... tis is great what you've accomplished. I'm amazed as always and, in fact very flattered you used those props (and so well!)

As you seem to have planned to reconstruct the île de la cité, I suppose I got a little more time for the fountains? ( :D)

I promised on TSC that I would release at least one or to Props packs (And a promise is a promise)

Thanks , Vincent ... I don't know if many people have used the link to your MD at TSC , which has been brilliantly updated since !  &apls &apls &apls

Quote from: Jmouse on January 08, 2009, 04:28:33 PM
Cedric, there is no end to your imagination and creative spirit - a fact for which I am eternally grateful! Whether you're (virtually) playing in the hay fields or strolling about the historic paths of Paris, you see things with a magical eye and make them your own. What an enviable talent you have, and to think you choose to share it with us. Amazing!

Always looking forward to more...

Joan

Thanks Joan ... your words are always touching .

Quote from: art128 on January 09, 2009, 10:34:42 AM

ah and I have this site , there's a lot of pictures of French's city photographed by helicopter  :thumbsup:

What a good link indeed ! Thank you Arthur !  :thumbsup:

Quote from: alan_vzla on January 09, 2009, 11:38:39 AM

And another question, if I may, The statue next to the canal... is product of your "personal" touch,  or is it always been there? Because I went to France 1 1/2 years ago and I don't have any memory of it. (for the record, I don't dislike the statue, only curiosity  ::) )

That's the statue of Charlemagne , Wikipedia link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne and it was visible on one the real picture posted at the same update :

Quote from: serebii666 on January 15, 2009, 11:16:20 AM
WOW! these buildings (and city) are phenomenal! Great Job! :thumbsup: ;D

P.S. Where did you find the (new) texture that you use in Darwin's Park? Also, Where could I find NOB's texture modd that you use for your rail systems?  ()what()

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me.

Thank you,
David

Thanks ... and welcome David . The new grassy texture of Darwin's Park is from a BSC Textures Pack ( don't remember which one ... ) and the NOB's Textures Mod for Rail is available at his site : http://tokitoko.hp.infoseek.co.jp/lot.htm . There's no picture anymore about what each download link contains ... you'll get it here :

You need to install only one file at a time in your Plugins folder ; RR_green.dat for rural environment , stone.dat for urban looking ... that said , I'm going to switch to SFBT Rail Mod .... ::)

Quote from: toxicpiano on January 18, 2009, 08:58:14 AM
Excellent as usual. vnaoned is great as well! Reminds of the UK :)
Btw, where are your canals from?

TSC Canals Basic set from Youcefk69 available on the LEX , STEX , TSC exchange ...
Thanks for the compliment ... Ah ! At least someone has clicked  vnaoned's MD link .  :thumbsup:

To the next . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

TheTeaCat

"scratches head"
stares at screen, drops mugand watches tea spill
Wanders off looking for a rag heard muttering to himself
"How does he do that?"

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II