• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1_2888

I haven't known of the real Antigone so far. Although I do not like some details, it has a very interesting architecture with impressive viewshafts and squares. The use of stone and ornaments is a pleasent variety to today's architecture ...  ()stsfd()  ;)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Giligone

Wow, that is one amazing residential development! I didn't know people could still make such beautiful places. :-[ And I love your corresponding sc4 shots, really amazing work Badsim.  :thumbsup:

freedo50

Hey, its the 17th! Happy birthday to possibly one of the most fantastic MDs I've had the pleasure to read.
Congrats!

Fred

mightygoose

happy birthday antigone....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RippleJet

Cedric, I finally just read your excellent tutorial on lot making (two pages back)! &apls

However, I would like to point out two items in your list of needed files that I hope you could correct.

Quote from: Badsim on January 05, 2008, 08:10:28 AM
- RCI Building Prop Mod . This file was originally available at the main site (Simcity.com) . MAXIS buildings as props : essential ! . It seems that it is not available anymore , but have found this file again in El NukePlant Prop1 by El Burro - STEX .

The Maxis buildings as prop are still available on the official site:
  - SimCity 4 Building as Props (blgdprop_vol1.dat)
  - Rush Hour Building as Props (bldgprop_vol2.dat)

In addition to the official site, the buildings as props files are available at a few other sites as well.
However, please do not point users to an upload containing Maxis proprietary files!

Quote from: Badsim on January 05, 2008, 08:10:28 AM
- European Props . Ralphaelninja - STEX . This file is a complementary one of the RCI Building Prop Mod above ...

RalphaelNinja made several "buildings as props" files before Maxis released their own.
These files have long ago (4 years ago) been retracted from circulation, and should never be used in lotting.
Otherwise, most players will not have them and will not see those props on the lot.

I urge every lotter to carfeully read Barby's tutorials where this is mentioned:

Guide to good lot making practices for sharing with others.
Quote from: BarbyW on January 28, 2007, 04:16:02 AM
If you are making lots for just your own pleasure or for your own CJ this does not apply to you. It is aimed at people who intend to share their creations with others and wish to avoid a number of problems.

Skill level: Intermediate

• 1.First of all check to see if you have any of the following in your plugins folder:
    merged.dat
    plugin tree or bush.dat
    Plugin_B90_residentialbuildings_prop_modd.dat
    Plugin_B91_commercialbuildings_prop_modd.dat
    Plugin_A80_PlugModd_functional.dat
    Plugin_020_PlopLandmarks.dat
    Plugin_RCI_Buildings_Prop_Modd.dat
    Also any other of the old buildings as props files by ralphaelninja

If you do PLEASE delete them and make sure you have these instead:
    bldgprop_vol1-SimCity 4 Building as Props
    bldgprop_vol02 - Rush Hour Building as Props

Some advice on props and dependencies
Quote from: BarbyW on November 05, 2006, 09:20:28 AM
Recently some new lot makers have started to post on the STEX. Some of them, however, seem to have a number of old outdated files in their plugins folder when making them. If you have any of these files in your folder:
merged.dat
plugin tree or bush.dat
Plugin_B90_residentialbuildings_prop_modd.dat
Plugin_B91_commercialbuildings_prop_modd.dat
Plugin_A80_PlugModd_functional.dat
Plugin_020_PlopLandmarks.dat
Plugin_RCI_Buildings_Prop_Modd.dat
Also any other of the old buildings as props files by ralphaelninja

PLEASE delete them and make sure you have these instead:
bldgprop_vol1-SimCity 4 Building as Props
bldgprop_vol02 - Rush Hour Building as Props

warconstruct

happy birthday antigone....it is one works of Titan what you do  &apls &apls

alors respect  &apls
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

rooker1

Happy anniversary to AntigOne.  One the greatest MDs.  Congratulations Cedric.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

beskhu3epnm

I find that the best MDer's are constantly innovating... finding ways to create their own content. The best MD'ers also share their findings with the community, and allow everyone to get better at playing the game together.

This MD, and Ennedi's Shosaloza are prime examples of this activity, Ennedi being in terrain modding, and yourself being in Lot Editing. Fantastic work!

Also, happy anniversary!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sauron620

OMG!  :o it is wonderful!!  &apls I've also seen the tutorial and i must say that it helped me to make realistic LOTs  :thumbsup: ce qui n'était pas vraiment le cas avant  :-\

Pat Riot

happy birthday antigone! a very Bad-a CJ by one Bad-a-sim  ;D ( i really hope you don't think im calling your CJ bad  :P)

Adept2Rock

Montpellier!I don't know this city, but your pictures are so beautiful!Your city also! ;)
Je vais le demander en français pour les bats!Ou as tu eu, le batiments gris, rectangle et les batiments aux toits rouge?

Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

fantnet

Where can I find that building?

Yoman

Quote from: fantnet on January 18, 2008, 09:19:39 PM
Where can I find that building?

Theres quite a few buildings in that picture, maybe be more specific?

fantnet

Quote from: Adept2Rock on January 18, 2008, 02:41:20 PM
Montpellier!I don't know this city, but your pictures are so beautiful!Your city also! ;)
Je vais le demander en français pour les bats!Ou as tu eu, le batiments gris, rectangle et les batiments aux toits rouge?

This rectangle building? I where can this be found?

Raffne

Hi nice city do you have there &apls &apls.

Where can i found this round street that goes down.

P.s. My English is very bad sorry for that:D

Pat Riot

fantnet-that is on a japanese site under el rail stations i think. check the japanese bat thread.

mattb325

Badsim - you amaze with each update. It was a pleasure to see the real and the SC4 shots all presented together.

I have never been to Montpellier (it's not really on the tourist trail!), but I have seen this development previously as it is often photographed.

PS: I'm glad to see you are the first to use the Himalayan Cedar  ;)

fantnet

Thanks for the info, do you have a link?

nedalezz

What else can be said, simply spectacular. Details Details Details...there doesnt even appear to be a single car out of place.

Plan9

Hi Badsim!

What can I say? You've made me decide to start playing SC4 again after almost 2 years. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but the thought of re-downloading and installing aaaaall those plugins again has held me back... Till now  ;)

Your approach to the game reminds me very much of the way I used to play before, though I can only dream of getting to your level when it comes to LOT'ing skills and attention to detail. I'm also very honored that you've used the 1 BAT I ever uploaded in your city.

Cheers
-P9

EDIT: And welcome to page 47!