• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Becca at BAT

Started by RebaLynnTS, December 31, 2007, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedo50

Some grime might be nice on the walls/roofs of these, and atm the yellowy texture is way too bright. The BATs look good though and I can see them being useful.

Fred

RebaLynnTS

I was thinking of doing a new version and a weathered version. I do agree that the beige needs to be toned down though. For some reason, the colors always come out brighter when rendered.

If I can get timed props to work right, I might even make them so they look new when ploped and slowly get worn looking after a few years.

MSS Update

One of the optional Offices, there will be three types.

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Heblem

looks great but I suggest you to change the roof texture to let say a laminate one  ;)

SC4BOY

I think that texture goes way overboard.. making it look like a model, not real.. like a kids plastic toy.. course that's just one man's opinion..

RebaLynnTS

They look a lot better close up, I might be able to do some more work to them ... however, anyone good at making textures that wants to help .. please feel free.
Becca

Pat

becca I think the MSS is looking better and better IMHO...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RebaLynnTS

I tweeked the textures a bit more .... better?

Becca

jmyers2043

Hello Reba - how are you doing your textures? Do you have a paint program like Photoshop or Paint Shop? Are you surfing the internet looking for textures and applying them directly to the model?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: jmyers2043 on January 22, 2008, 01:01:26 PM
Hello Reba - how are you doing your textures? Do you have a paint program like Photoshop or Paint Shop? Are you surfing the internet looking for textures and applying them directly to the model?

I have Paint Shop Pro 6 (very old I know), and I generally try to find a texture I like and build a new one based on it. I am not an artist, and do the best I can, and would welcome any help. Also, any helpful comments are also welcome. Some explanation might help as well (not sure what saturation is).
Becca

metasmurf

This is what it would look like if you lowered the saturation

RebaLynnTS

Your picture did not show up. How much should I lower it?
Becca

SC4BOY

I'm sure someone will give you a better answer than I can, but basically saturation is the "amount" of a color that is added to an RGB number (red/green/blue). All colors are made of those three and the color is represented as a number such as (255,0,0) a very saturated red.. while (75, 0, 0) would still be red but far less saturated. Yellow is of course a blue/green mixture... for example (0,150,150). If you do a bit of googling (or even look at your Paint Shop docs) I expect you will "come up to speed" rather quickly. I'm afraid I can't help much as to how to apply this to textures..  :-[

metasmurf

I would say between 12-15, I did it in photoshop so I don't know if the measurements are the same in PSP

jmyers2043

QuoteI have Paint Shop Pro 6 (very old I know),

Excellent. I have Paint Shop X2 ... the important thing is that you can do layering and other basic things. Ok - so you say you don't have an art background. So what?! I work for a TV station and I fix the equipment when it breaks down. My background is technical and not art so we are in the same boat. But I know what I like and just keep plugging away until I am satisfied.

So ... how can I help?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: jmyers2043 on January 22, 2008, 02:24:21 PM
Excellent. I have Paint Shop X2 ... the important thing is that you can do layering and other basic things. Ok - so you say you don't have an art background. So what?! I work for a TV station and I fix the equipment when it breaks down. My background is technical and not art so we are in the same boat. But I know what I like and just keep plugging away until I am satisfied.

So ... how can I help?

One thing I know, is i will never be able to please everyone. I am hoping to be able to have several color variations as well as style variations, which should help. Once I get the models designed, making variations ahould not be hard at all.

What I need is a set of texture squares (256 x 256). One for the roof, one for the walls, one for the doors, and a long texture (256 x 64) for the supports and ridges. As long as I have the basic set, i can create what I need from there.
Becca

SC4BOY

Haha.. don't let us get you down Bec.. we're gonna whine no matter what you do... Just stick by your guns, listen to what folks say, then "do your thing" .. :) My taste goes to things realistically modeled in terms of dirt.. and of course that depends on where you might find it, what kind of people might run it, how much  money is available for upkeep based on projected income that might be generated.. etc etc...

I will say that those lots are GENERALLY fairly well kept (who's gonna pay money for a pile of *rap?) so certainly I don't think it needs to be "grungy".. but just normal rain, snow, sun etc kind of sways away from "shiney new"...

RebaLynnTS

I agree ... and while everyone is crying over the textures .. I am still trying to get all the pieces BATTed :)

Still have 2 Office types to do, and the fencing, but I'll get there. Personally, I don't really care what color they turn out being, and I am willing to entertain color requests (if you send me the textures).
Becca

RebaLynnTS

NOTE: MSS is on hold. I am Revamping the LA RIver Project. Be ready for the all new and much improved version to hit store shelves in by Feb 10th (My Birthday)!
Becca

Pat

Becca you are too terrible.... Darn nabit I was hoping to have the MSS by the 9th my birthday but ohhh well siiiigh, I'll take the late B-Day gift of the new LAR

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie