• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sithlrd98 Mods and stuff

Started by sithlrd98, September 18, 2008, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

that's really nice  &apls great work my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Andreas

Looking really nice so far!  :thumbsup:  I'd say you should reduce the number of streetlights, though, half the amount would be more than sufficient. ;) Some trees could be removed (at the 45 degrees curve: one of the two that overlap a bit; at the 90 degrees curve: the lower ones should form a curved line, rather than a zig-zag pattern). I know how hard it is to create T21's for those, though, kudos to what you achieved until now!
Andreas

sithlrd98

Thanks for the input Andreas! I do like well lit roads! I tweaked a few of the pieces...

Doesn't this look better?

Puzzle pieces are a pain!

Jayson

sithlrd98

For anyone who wants to try them out , here is the link

Jayson

Fatsuhono

Hello Jayson, beautiful new mods for the curve, I can't wait to try them out! Do you think it would be possible to have the white lines on the avenue solid (since it is a curve)? ;)

sithlrd98

Thanks Fatsuhono ! Actually , the transit textures were not created by me...they are part of the NAM. All I did was to add a base texture underneath for side walks.I'm not sure if there is a mod to make the avenue curves solid white , but if you want the Euro texture , Andreas uploaded a euro texture mod that changes the road texture...
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1302

Unfortunately , this is not compatible with my mods at this time.
Jayson

sithlrd98

It's been a while since I updated this....I have re-done the Road Curves mods to include the FAR.

They are done in the same White , SAP euro asphalt , Sandstone and Gn_leugim Portuguese Texture.

I also have been working on fixing my original T-21 Road and Avenue curves mods (with some great help from BuddyBud!) and now have the FAR pieces done.

And re-did the avenues to remove some of the lights and trees...

These should be up this weekend on the STEX. The road and avenue sidewalk texture mods are on the STEX.

Jayson

jmdude1

thats great news. i really appreciate these and the work youve put into them. it makes breaking the grid look so much more realistic rather than having empty spaces.
these are a definate for anybody who loves great curves.  :D

sithlrd98

Thanks jmdude1 ...of course we can all thank David over at 3RR for breaking the grid! The mod has been released over on the STEX.

Jayson

LE0

They are wonderful realistic urban curves :thumbsup: but do these curves replace grass curves for rural areas?

Like will there be the sidewalks, trees, lights in rural areas?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

sithlrd98

The curves(ave ,road and FAR)  that are included in the NAM, do not have any sidewalks. What I have done is basically a "texture override" where as I have added a sidewalk to each texture. The T-21 mod can work independent of any of my sidewalk mods...so if you don't like the sidewalks but want the lights and trees, then you only need to have the NAM installed.

Jayson

Andreas

And if you don't like the US textures, wait for an update of the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod, which will be released soon. :)
Andreas

JoeST

this topic is awesome... cant believe I havent said WOW already... just WOW
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sithlrd98

Can you say SEASONAL Curves?

SFBTSeasonal Birch Trees

I am currently working on this as well as Porkissimos Seasonal Trees (which is a pain in the ...) and would like to get some feedback as to if this mod would be useful or just general thoughts. This is very time consuming and ,instead of just doing it for myself , I would love to share them :) I have only done the S curve so far.

Jayson

Simpson

Fantastic pictures Jayson, thank you a lot for your excellent work on NAM curves
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

LE0

Ooh seasonal :thumbsup:

Actually my question was if I install this mod, do these work like if you zone on curves, or do they replace nontextured curves?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

buddybud

looking great my friend, keep it up.  :thumbsup:

art128

Hey Jayson , this is soo awesome my friend !!
I can't wait to see the porki' version !  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sithlrd98

Thanks everybody! LE0: Presently Any of my radius curves sidewalk mods will replace the NAM instances . Since it would be very difficult (for me anyway) to duplicate the way that most sidewalks are handled by the game , the next mod will have the wide sidewalk ,but would be wealth dependent  like the pic above.Which leads me tobuddybud :Thanks for the help that you gave me in order to fix the other mods...I'm hoping to learn something from your project that will enable me to fulfill what I said to LE0.SimpsonThanks, I'm glad that others like these!art128 : well , here are the first pics...but I have a problem. I started this mod like the others , made all pieces then built the exemplars. I have re-done this a couple of times since the results were a bit odd. I'll let the pics do the talking.

Here is the problem: only one piece has been t-21ed , and it looks like more since the props are offset. Everything looks OK until Fall. Look at the leaves and you'll notice that they are off on a couple of rotations. Now , I can work with the other props and figure a good placement , but the leaves are gonna be a problem. Does anyone think the leaves are necessary ?

Jayson

buddybud

HI jayson.

The moving trees and the leaves you are having problem with are most likely rendered off center. IF you made flippable props out of these trees like i showed before this will happen. Essentially you have to make new unique props by copying them and giving them a new instance. Then re-center them. It can be done but honestly don't remember how. Do a look around for info. If you can't find any pm me and i'll see what i can find. If you take that route you will need permission to alter whomever's tree's those are.
  As for the sidewalks i talked to smoncrie about that. The sidewalks are totally plausible but only for flat tiles or sloped tiles...not tiles bent diagonally. I'm working on that at the moment

Cheers. this last bunch looks great.