• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diggis Contemplates BAT

Started by Diggis, June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

Finally got around to playing around with your randomized edges pond set.. pretty nice work :)   With all the DAMN work you're doing I suppose you don't plan to have a MML for these lots?

FrankU

Diggis,

i have been on vacation, sio i missed a part of the fun.
On the other hand; the results are great anyway, so apparently everything on SC4D flows smoothly without me (20 x $%Grinno$% ).

You made some very good lots!
A small question though: could you make one very small dock for kayaks and fishermen?

Diggis

SC4Boy, Nope, no plans.  While MML's have their uses, I found making them very time consuming and much prefer the DAMN menus.  Feel free to make them if you wish though.  ;)

Frank:

Like this?

jacqulina

wopw just what i need awesome work &apls &apls

Bobbi

WOW! The ferry looks great &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

FrankU

Diggis: Yup!
Can't wait to implement those in my city.

Thanks a lot.

Diggis

I want to do a boat ramp and then I will package and upload these.  Shouldn't be too far away.

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

mayormalsy

Great looking pier and a boat ramp to come, quality add-on! looking forward to release.........

but, could i suggest/request possibly a fisherman (angler) sat on the end of the pier, or even on a piece of bank of his own!? :thumbsup:

On another note thanks for directing me over to the DAMN & SSP threads, interesting reading even if a little to technical for me!

Diggis

I've put the docks up for testing, but am away next week, so they will be available when I get back.  In the mean time, I've started work on a little project that was planned a year ago at the BSC meet in Coventry.  We found this little gem of a boat house at Warwick Castle:

And Barby asked me to BAT it for her.  I couldn't start it untill I had worked out how to do grass banks and well... done them now, so after some pestering in France this year I have made a start:

I need to make it a little wider as it's a bit thin at the moment but going well otherwise.  It'll be a 2x2, as represented by the green box, which will be ground level, so it will sit sunken into the banks.

jacqulina

FrankU

Beautiful!

Ahem, by the way, did you notice the lillypads and cattails....? Could you do something with that information? Does it ring a bell?

Diggis

Yeah, saw them.  Next addon will add some extras to the banks.  It'll be a couple of months off but it's coming.

FrankU

Diggis,

I had this thought......
Chrisadams made some quite useful cattails and grasses that could be added to a lot. Of course I can do that myself in LE. But then every lot would look the same.

But now we have this nice feature of prop families. Would it be possible to make (or find somewhere?) a propfamily where we can find cattails and grasses by Chris together with some invisible props. I have guessed that there is something like an invisible prop, so that by placing a lot we sometimes get no prop (the invisible one actually) and on another plop we see a visible prop. If this guess is correct it would be quite simple to make a propfamily with invisible props and cattails and another one with lillypads and invisible props. Add this to your edge lots and everything is OK.
Or would this not do the trick?

Diggis

You would have to create prop families for Chris's stuff, not a hard job really.  The only downside is they wouldn't look like they are IN the water.  Because of how the LODs work the water looks 1.5m below ground but is actually .5m above.  ;)  Hence why I like to render this stuff into the model and add it to the prop family.

FrankU

Oh, yes. I already feared you would say that.. :(
Rendering is much more work and it is also less versatile. For a realistic variation you would need to make several models and put these in a prop family.

And another thought: I am very happy with your 3x2 tile. Would it be possible to add a 3x2 tile where the edge of the water changes from the first to the second tile? Thus resulting in a lot with a diagonal edge?

FrankU

Yup, found it!
I'll install it right ahead!

I also found your CAN-AM stuff... Will it be a part of the next NAM?

Great work.  :thumbsup:

Diggis

No, there was some discussion over that and I decided to leave it as a separate mod so that people can customise what canals it uses easily.  Additionally, it contains dependencies... something the NAM doesn't, although they really are just because it looks silly without banks, you don't NEED them. :D

Diggis

Wow... 3 1/2 years...

And before Frank anyone asks, I'd like to do diagonals, but I may never get to it. These took long enough.  ::)