• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Xannepans creations

Started by xannepan, October 05, 2007, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the weather plugin include a version with destructive effects (e.g. associated with tornados and lightning)?

Yes
41 (57.7%)
No
30 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 06:50:01 AM

FromTheAshes

Mh, xannepan, I'm thinking about creating a huge "medieval-mod" for sc4 for months. Including new civic buildings, SAM (maybe a new texture, Glenni postet a great one weeks ago) and so. This WOULD take ages, but in the end we'd have one of th best game additions ever. The problem: I'm student, I aint got much time. So I need someone more.. experienced. If you're interested, just let me know (pm or post, I don't mind).
Visit Vorsfelde.

Andreas

Whoa, that's one awesome model indeed!  &apls  And Burg Eltz isn't that far away from my hometown, although I haven't visited it since almost 20 years now. No offense to Maxis, but their castle set and even the Neuschwanstein landmark are rather mediocre compared to this beauty. (Where's that "love" smiley with those floating hearts when you need it?)
Andreas

iamgoingtoeatyou

GrizzlyBuilder

awsome.   simply awsome. 

Krio

Indeed a stunning model as everyone has said. Lookin forward to see this finished, that is one of the most interesting BATs at the moment.

ElPhantasmo69

The old-world master has returned! You've been sorely missed, glad you're back!

xannepan

Need some help.

1) I remember someone mentioned a script for 3dsmax(-7) to generate night previews but cannot find a link.
Can anyone help please?
2) Any pictures from the back-side of burg eltz would be highly appreciated....

Thanks,

Alex

mickebear

Hi Alex

You'll find the script and instructions here

greetz

Mika

PS: remeber that as you are part of BSC, you can always ask advise at our private board...

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

M4346

You can also try this -> Click!  :thumbsup:

Good luck!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

xannepan

Thanks guys  ;D but I'm really looking for pictures of the backside.... I've looked everywhere on the www without success  ()sad()

And I DO have the batformax script... But what I'm looking for is the script to render nightlight previews in 3dsmax...

Anyway.. good to see this community still alive and kicking...

jeronij

Quote from: xannepan on October 06, 2007, 04:37:16 AM

And I DO have the batformax script... But what I'm looking for is the script to render nightlight previews in 3dsmax...

If you find it, pls, tell me where I can download  ;D . I am not aware of such a script, and would be so useful  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

xannepan

I foudn this on simtropolis... by SimFox...
But no script...
I'll ty this once I get to the nigltlights...

Here is how you do it within 3ds MAX:
set all your lights, or/and night materials you plan to use
Go to Render menu and there to Environment...
In Environment and Effects window find frame titled Global Lighting and click on the color swatch. Put following values for RGB 128,128,191
You're night setup is done. It will, slightly depending on your lighting setup be almost 100% accurate to what you'll see in game. If you use default rig it will whole 100% like the final night export, because this setup exactly recreates what happens during night render pass I took the numbers from the script
If you use some sort of GI setup (FG is also form of GI) result may slightly differ as your GI may affect night Alpha pass. But this is separate and HUGE topic.

see also:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=87257&enterthread=y

DebussyMan

About the accuracy, a least in my case, I have to drop 50% the multiplier of the nitelites once I've set them to my likeing, because in the max preview they render half the intensity than they would render for the game.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Strechnitz

Oh my, the fact that you are active again alone is wonderful news.
BUt this model surpasses my boldest dreams.
It is truly spectacular. A great promis for the future :thumbsup:

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

xannepan

first nightlight shot...

BarbyW

Drool, drool, drool. Dammit my keyboard needs cleaning now. That is gorgeously gorgeous, xannepan. &apls
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Yoman

I love the subtle feeling of the night lights, not overpowering, just perfect :)

LoneRanger

Driewerf [triple] wow!!!
That's an amazing looking castle.
I agree with Yoman about the lightning, it creates exactly the right atmosphere.

Dunno if it helps but I found a site with some detailed foto's of Burg-Eltz.
Might be worth to take a look.  :)

http://www.pbase.com/sandpiper/burg_eltz

DebussyMan

They look great.

One thing, are you rendering with Catmull-Rom? because your images look a bit blurred, but maybe it's because the dark textures.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0