• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilith's BAT projects

Started by Lilith, November 13, 2010, 04:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekseb

First time I saw your parks, I thought "Nice, another park...".

But now, especialls the ducks and swans  &apls, great!  :thumbsup: This is a level of detail I've never seen before.

Would be nice to have the animals also (please more!) as props.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

jmyers2043

Hey Lilith

I like the rocks very much and the texture. Where did you get the mossy granite texture from?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Lilith

I'm back, PC formatted, up to 3GB RAM to work better.

I just have to reinstall all programs and SC4 ...

Tomas Neto and Peter...

Thanks!

Quote from: Badsim on December 28, 2010, 02:48:16 AM
Hi Isabella , :)

Having had a first look at your work , I thought immediately about the lack of feminine sensibility & touch in the SC4 world , « A bit of tenderness in a world of brutes »  :D

I like very much the pond with ducks & swans . I don't remember to have already seen something like that ...  ... that said , here's my little suggestion to make this pond looking less symmetric , less overloaded , more natural ( I.M.O.) : ::)

Cal's water texture  would be perfect  with a more green-brown shade . A small fountain prop (effect) would fit nicely on the rocks .

That's also bringing me in mind how it would be great to have ducks & swans as separate props even if they should surely have to be overscaled ... $%#Ninj2

Interesting to follow your trials & progresses , nevertheless . Great work !  :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

You're right, maybe I can take some things, but the swans in love NO! $%Grinno$%

I'll add some tests to see fountain effects, certainly.

Overscaled? You think they are too small? I tested in game and appear to the right size.

Quote from: nekseb on December 28, 2010, 03:34:21 AM
First time I saw your parks, I thought "Nice, another park...".

But now, especialls the ducks and swans  &apls, great!  :thumbsup: This is a level of detail I've never seen before.

Would be nice to have the animals also (please more!) as props.

Oh, definitely I will create props with these sweet animals. I love them!

Quote from: jmyers2043 on December 28, 2010, 04:51:11 AM
Hey Lilith

I like the rocks very much and the texture. Where did you get the mossy granite texture from?

Give them to you, add me on MSN ... take it in my profile on the other forum.

Andreas

overscaled = too large - but then again, the sims are overscaled, too. ;)

I can only join the compliments, that pond looks lovely! I agree with Cédric about a more non-symmetric look, but the overall appearance is really something fresh - and something that shows the capabilities of HD rendering best. :)
Andreas

Nich

Hi Lilith.
Your bats are amazing. 
I can define your small lake with a single word: PERFECT.
Congratulations.
See you.
Nich

Lilith

Quote from: Andreas on December 28, 2010, 05:47:18 AM
overscaled = too large - but then again, the sims are overscaled, too. ;)

I can only join the compliments, that pond looks lovely! I agree with Cédric about a more non-symmetric look, but the overall appearance is really something fresh - and something that shows the capabilities of HD rendering best. :)

It was a little overscaled, more than anything else I wanted the duck to be more visible, but already adjusted

Quote from: Nich on December 29, 2010, 07:27:58 AM
Hi Lilith.
Your bats are amazing. 
I can define your small lake with a single word: PERFECT.
Congratulations.
See you.
Nich

Thank you, Nich ....

Great to see you here.

Ok, these are ready. They will be available quickly.

Nardo69

Swans! 

Ducks! 

You're killing me in my anticipation!

Jesus, I do love 'em. No how about rabbits, pheasants, deers, foxes, wild cats, mountain lions, wolfs etc for my forests?  ;) Just kidding!  :D

Great work!

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Reikhardt

Really very nice work there! I already have a spot for the pond!

Badsim

Superb , brilliant ! Can't wait to get my hands on such little precious things ...  &apls &apls &apls

Quote from: Nardo69 on January 05, 2011, 12:18:17 PM
Swans! 

Ducks! 

You're killing me in my anticipation!

Jesus, I do love 'em. No how about rabbits, pheasants, deers, foxes, wild cats, mountain lions, wolfs etc for my forests?  ;) Just kidding!  :D

Great work!

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Ha ha ...  :D , I totally agree , Bernhard !  ;D

Thank you very much . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

vortext

yes I agree, the more animals the better. Great work though, your duckies are peddling along as we speak, thank you very much!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Badsim

I've downloaded them from the LEX and saw them under LotEditor . They're irresistible ...  :)

Thank you very much  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Lilith

No more animals, for now... :D

Thank you all for comments.

I finished another pack of props, the modular paths with planters, statues, bridge and pond combined. I followed the suggestion of Badsim, less symmetric.

I could not use the water material of callagrafx, sorry.

They have custom LODs, other props can be placed above. In the pond can be added a fountain effect. I tried to put the lights, but I have not had a good result.

Une_ame

The result of your work is very good.  :thumbsup:

I imagine what a guy like Cedric (BadSim) can do which such materials.  :o :o :o :o :o

Bravissimo.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

Quote from: Une_ame on January 26, 2011, 02:43:21 AM

I imagine a guys like Cedric (BadSim) can do which such materials.  :o :o :o :o :o

Are you reading in my thoughts , Emmanuel ... or did you take control at distance of my computer ? ? ?   &Thk/( ... I'm working on !  :D

Lovely props , Lilith ( I need still to make them MMPloppables  $%#Ninj2 ) ... waiting for more coming from you . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

Lilith

I knew you'd created beautiful things, Cédric, but the texture of water is not the best.

I stopped because I have to solve a problem with the pond, the shadows do not appear correctly. Also, I'm studying all part of modding of SC4PIM, and translating the guide for Italian.

Badsim

Quote from: Lilith on January 26, 2011, 05:40:22 AM

I stopped because I have to solve a problem with the pond, the shadows do not appear correctly.

That's because your props aren't set up with IsGroundModel=True , I'm working on ...  ;D

Quote from: Lilith on January 26, 2011, 05:40:22 AM
... the texture of water is not the best.

I'm working on too , I'm going to edit these Base textures from Pegasus , so the tiling borders would dissapear , but I like too much that color ...

I'm working , I'm working ...  ::)

Back at work .  :P

Cédric.

Lilith

Cedric, do you have to just change the set-up to IsGroundModel = True?

Because do not work for me. Nothing, rien...no shadows.

Do You have a picture to show me , please?

Badsim

It does work fine for me :

To change False for True , you need to enter 0x01 ( with «Values as text » )

Once you've corrected them all , don't forget to « Reindex LotConfig » before to save .

Cédric.

Andreas

You don't have to ReIndex the LotConfig if you edit the prop exemplar file - this is only necessary if you added or removed a LotConfig property (prop or texture) from the lot exemplar file. :)
Andreas