• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Idea For What To Pick From The LEX Disk

Started by finaltable, April 03, 2011, 06:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finaltable

After going through, the LEX Disk part of the forum.  I keep coming back to one idea.  For newbies such as myself, (being I don't know a lot about computers, or files and what not) I thought maybe I could try to start a new thread and see who might be willing to participate.

Basically, I would like to see screen shots of people file browser.  Meaning you open up the file browser and select the files that you have decided to use.  What I'm looking for, is for people who have a select chosen.  Meaning people that didn't select everything. 

I think it would help newbies to have a better understanding and given the choses, those people can then decide from there to add more or less. Maybe this will work, maybe it wont.  It might take a couple screen shots to show what files you selected from each main file...

Just an idea.
"Buying the right computer and getting it to work properly is no more complicated than building a nuclear reactor from wristwatch parts in a darkened room using only your teeth."  ~ Dave Barry

finaltable

So I had this crazy idea,  $%Grinno$%  here as you read from the first post.  After going through the game and the disk, I realized what I was asking.  First of it was a fair amount of work.  Maybe that is why the thread has 80 views and no replies.  So I decided to put up my own picks. 

While making this, I realize that this was also a great and easy way for me to keep track of everything that I had install from the disk.  One easy check at the pictures and I know if it is my game or not. 

So below you will find a link to my web album of the screen shots that I took, of everything that I installed.  Might not mean much to most, might help out a few newbies.  If you are wondering, everything that I selected is 2.6 gigs worth of stuff from the disk in my plugins folder. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/eightball3railsintheside/MyLEXDVDPicks?authkey=Gv1sRgCKTI54X5ku_cyAE&feat=directlink
"Buying the right computer and getting it to work properly is no more complicated than building a nuclear reactor from wristwatch parts in a darkened room using only your teeth."  ~ Dave Barry