• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

That makes re-lotting sound like a walk in the park :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

FrankU

Yeah.... sigh, I feared it would be a simple but boring task....
At the moment I don't feel like it, but I guess you all think the same.  :'(

Got to go and do something else....

Girafe

Thanks for your kind comments  :)

Regarding the tree controller, Vortext will upload soon one which uses my trees.

For the tree remplacement mod, T_wrecks on ST contacted me few weeks ago and we worked a little bit together but the feasibility of a such mod is so complex due to different problem (size, LOD, 3dsmax...)

Surely the next flora  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Air6

Those trees will add a more variety to your wonderful existing trees. Great work.

Shroud

vortext

The latest flora makes for another fine addition!  :thumbsup:

As for the tree controllers, they're in the scrutering process right now and when released will in fact contain three (3) different seasonal tree controllers. They use many of Girafe's flora, as well as flora from the VIP team, in addition to CPs seasonal flora. Too bad there aren't enough flora items yet for a full HD tree controller but who knows, if Girafe can keep the tree-o-matic going. .  :D Anyhow, for those who haven't seen it yet, check the first part of this post.

Regarding a Maxis tree replacement mod, I've thought about it as well but it is my understanding this isn't possible. More specific, I wanted to replace all Maxis' flora with seasonal items but this isn't possible due to the different RKTs. An evergreen replacement mod would be feasable, though there's still the size issue to take into account. It would be a neat mod to have though.

Finally if I may make a suggestion, I'd like to have some very tall and rather weathered old trees - say along the lines of CPs hornbeam. I noticed most trees so far have more-or-less the same height but it would be nice to have some distinct outliers, either to spice up forests or to standalone on a large marketsquare or something.  My two cents.  :)

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Flatron

yeah, taller trees would be fine... girafes trees always remind me of my french correspondant who took massive amounts of photos of the 50-60m firs and 40-50m beeches that grow in our forests as he had never seen such high trees before(ok, he was from the département Cote d'Or and when I was there, there were really no tall trees)

Andreas

Quote from: vortext on February 28, 2013, 05:35:09 AM
Regarding a Maxis tree replacement mod, I've thought about it as well but it is my understanding this isn't possible. More specific, I wanted to replace all Maxis' flora with seasonal items but this isn't possible due to the different RKTs. An evergreen replacement mod would be feasable, though there's still the size issue to take into account. It would be a neat mod to have though.

Yeah, I was facing that problem when I created the SFBT Tree Replacement Mod, which changes all Maxis trees to Cycledogg's models. I was rather limited in my choice, since most custom trees are a lot taller than the Maxis ones, and would collide with buildings and props on existing lots, and it was even more problematic for street trees.
Andreas

Girafe

Thanks for your kind comments  ::)

Common spruces have been uploaded:

I uploaded the first part of the vines on the LEX:

The second part containing the LOTs will be uploaded on the STEX soon.

I have a small question regarding 2 future uploads:

Poppies & Narcissus

Do you prefer only 2 seasons (blossom flowers in spring / winter and nothing in autumn / winter - to be planted the 1st September) OR 3 seasons (stem plant in spring, blossom flowers in summer and nothing in autumn / winter - to be planted the 1st march) ?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

rooker1

Three seasons please
Those all look great!!!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Andreas

In RL, narcissus would blossom in spring, and poppies would blossom in summer. Another season with green leaves and a third with "nothing" would be most appropriate, I think.
Andreas

Vlasky

Floraler strikes again! Hmm a sim city where someone would play around only with flora? Possible with your work! :)
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Kergelen

Thanks for the vines Girafe. Will be extremely useful :)

I opted for 2 seasons. Where I live poppies bloom in spring and IMO is mre beautiful to see red flowers than green leaves.

Links to SC4 websites

Gringamuyloca

()stsfd() Wow... just wow! and that's just this page, there are still another 34 pages of developments to catch up on.

I can't wait!  ;D

Tamara

Aaron Graham

Great work on the latest uploads, you doing so good. Keep it up buddy!! :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

gn_leugim

Kergelen

I just read this post from Badsim in Toutsimcities.
Is always sad the retirement of a member of the community ()sad(), and even more when is a so active and so talented member.

Good luck "the Floraler"! Your flora will be present in our cities.

Links to SC4 websites

Fasan

I have to thank you and especially when you Girafe!
Thank you for visiting me in SimForum. It's the biggest award for me!

Magnificent work that you have done here.  &apls

Thank you
Fasan  :)