• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Thanks, Antoine! However, I wonder why they need March planting instead of September? This is quite inconvenient as I'm sure you can imagine.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Thanks for the comments.

@ Willy

Seasonal modding is quite restrictive. There are only 3 seasons possible, more exactly 3 periods possible (1st one = 3months, 2nd = 3months and last = 6months). This share is annoying and we have to deal with.
When we started seasonal modding with Lowkee we were agree to start in September for trees thus it allowed us to have an autumn version which was better than a spring version. For blossom flora, with Badsim we decided to start it in march which allows us to have a spring version (but no autumn  &Thk/()

For lupins, I prefered to have blossom items more than autumn (it's not the first item which is modded for the 1st March).

Particle systems are a pain in the ... not sure this project will come out  %wrd

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

You're right, I forgot the MMPs don't take exact simulation dates like the props. Knowing myself, though, I'll be planting them in September all the time, so I'll stay safe and mod them a little to switch the seasons around.

The length of the time periods you mentioned isn't fixed; it's determined by the first rep of the parameters. Not sure if this is documented anywhere, but it determines the length of the first two seasons. So at 180, it's your division. At 360, it's effectively two-seasonal. So I'll take 300, which leaves two months for summer, giving flowers from February through June. This is perfect for me as some CP trees (meaning props on lots) start their spring in February as well.

Anyway, thanks for the work!

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Interesting.  If i'm reading that right Willy, I can change the numbers around like you mentioned and plant on September 1st and I will see blooms from Feb-June?  Like you, I can't see myself remembering to use the march 1st date since I usually do all my seasonal stuff at one time when I remember to pause it on September 1st.

Thanks so much for these great flowers!  Would we be lucky enough to see more flowering ground cover in the future??? 

epicblunder

Girafe; thank's for the Lupines, they are outstanding!

sunv123

Great work on the Lupines, they look fantastic. ()stsfd()

I have been looking around and there isn't many southern pine trees. The only one I can think of is the Ponderosa, but it doesn't really fit my wantings. So maybe you could spend some time after the memorial BAT, which also looks great, to make a few Loblolly pine models. They are the 2nd most common tree species in the United States, so it would be nice to have. It would be great if you could make them.

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

kelis

Stunning job with the WTC memorial, I love it !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

epicblunder

@sunv123:  There is a lot of different good pine tree models in CP01 & 2, they just aren't all put in MMPs yet.

halenbyname

Quote from: sunv123 on January 13, 2013, 09:22:52 AM
Great work on the Lupines, they look fantastic. ()stsfd()

I have been looking around and there isn't many southern pine trees. The only one I can think of is the Ponderosa, but it doesn't really fit my wantings. So maybe you could spend some time after the memorial BAT, which also looks great, to make a few Loblolly pine models. They are the 2nd most common tree species in the United States, so it would be nice to have. It would be great if you could make them.

I find that the scott's pine and the ponderosa pines work just as well. If you want a bit northern style longleaf pine forest than you should use the long pole pines that simgoober made. BTW girafe you done a amazing job on the lindens. They looked spectacular on there fall models!
Project alpha phase
My twitter: http://twitter.com/halenbyname_ny
Simmania: http://simmania.darkbb.com/u167

noahclem

The memorial seems like to be going very well  &apls  Great work as always!

Girafe

Thanks for the comments  ::)

@ halenbyname, I am not planning to do this species for time  &mmm

@ epicblunder, nice pic, you should go to compete with it  ;)

@ Kelys & Noah, don't know what to think about the memorial as your enthusiasm was not shared at ST. People are not confident with the waterfalls. I think this project was more something to test how are working particles systems.

For my flora followers, props have been added to conifers and subalpines packs.

I worked few days ago on blackberries set but I am have no imagination for the autumn / winter liveries (with leaves, which colors, without leaves...)  &Thk/(
Moreover black berries have been transformed in red berries, as black color cannot be seen.

I recover Carpe Diem tower and worked a little bit on night version and cupola:

An hesitation about the glass on lateral faces:

A

B

Night lights need still some work

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Swordmaster

I want to echo Noah here in saying more winter liveries with snowed branches are welcome. I recently saw a pic of your winter birches in action and they look gorgeous. I think you could do something really nice with these blackberries if you give them something like that. As for fall season, if I'm right I think some species of blackberry/raspberry (framboise) carry fruit in fall as well.

Great work on the tower, too.

Cheers
Willy

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

epicblunder

very nice night lighting   &apls  I like the blackredberries too

Quote@ epicblunder, nice pic, you should go to compete with it  ;)

perhaps i shall; i have a whole pile to choose from.   ;D

2b2gbi

Love the blackberries, although we had one of those behind our house that was impossible to get rid of. I always welcome to more bushes and ground cover. During winter blackberries just look like a mangled mess. :D

Thank you for all the wonderful flora that makes the natural pictures people like me make possible.  :)

-Jon
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

weixc812

Just stop by and have a look at my favourite Carpe Diem tower  :)
lovely  &apls  &apls
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Air6

Fantastic work my friend. The tower will be a must have for sure.

noahclem

Those berries look fantastic  &apls  What a pleasant surprise! I'm very happy to see more props released as well. Progress on the Carpe Diem is looking very nice at this point and you've got a great start on the nightlights.

I'm glad to hear Willy echo my interest in more winter liveries. I've loved all the winter stuff you've done so far and more winter stuff from you would be a dream. I'm really enjoying the birches so far, and while I've been slow to post with them that's about to change  ;D  Also about winter stuff, it would be great if the dead pine tree models in your older releases had snow on them--the dead ones stand out quite a bit among the other snowy trees.

Keep up the great work  &apls