• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Excellent. &apls &apls  I agree with you with the plaza, it'll look better in the game ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

noahclem

The plaza is looking great so far  &apls  Sounds like batting the whole thing is a good idea  :thumbsup:

xannepan

looks fantastic as usual!  &apls &apls Perhaps you can model the plaza as a seperate prop. It would just require you to make LODs that only cover the plaza parts. Next render it, but leave the main building visible. That way the prop will seamlessly fit with the building. It will give the option to use the building iwht or without the plaza.

Whatever you choose: this looks great!

One request: can you check if your skyscrapers "fit" in terms of size,with my own and Porkies Hausmann style Paris buildings.. I had a feeling your previous skyscraper was a bit on the small side... but it may be just me :P

-Alex

xannepan

snakee8

Stunning work!!.. wouldn't expect anything less from you. Great job!  &apls

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your comments,

@ Xannepan, I have to try the different options for the props, but it takes me so long time  %wrd

The previous skyscraper Gan tower is 189m heigh, after some discussions over ST, I prefer to keep the scale of the real world for this kind of building. Indeed, 133% scale is too much for highrises. SF used 115 - 120% for its skyscrapers. Moreover to scale up a sunken building like Gan tower was a nightmare as I didn't plan to do it as the beginning. To be honest I didn't check a lot the fact that the tower could be "under" scaled compare to the rest of custom buildings. I will do.

For EDF tower (150m) I didn't plan to scale it too but I could do.

No HD render for the towers, too long and not sure it makes sense
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mgarcia

Everytime I login in and see your thread, I always click to see your updates and its always the same - i'm floored by your work - absolutely superb - stunnnnning!!!!.   
I'm not getting impatient waiting for the EDF Tower, I just get excited everytime I see your progress report... can't wait to have it in my cities.

xannepan

The reasons I asked for proportions and building size is because Porkie and I had some discussion ages ago about the size of the Haussmann style buildings. We didn,t have the degree of freedom we would like to have, since they are W2W buildings, and the size is therefor determined by the 16m (xn) lot size. Ideally we would like to have made the buildings sloghtly smaller.. We tried, but it turned out the proportions would be all wrong..

During the past weeks I have spend a lot of time disabling MAXIS buildings that do not fit the Paris set. And usually I only select custom made building that fit their approximate size. Anyway, your skyscrapers are so good I used them irrespective of their size!  ;)

:thumbsup:

Yan077

A fantastic tower by a fantastic BATter !  &apls &apls &apls

Girafe

@ mgarcia:

Thanks a lot, I am glad you enjoy coming here and find new stuff, but you have to know that for me (batters ore globally), it takes us lot of time, and we would like to show always more. However we have a "real life" and some of us pointed the fact that sc4 / batting can be quickly an addiction  &mmm

Hope to update my topic more often as possible but I would like too to profit from my youngness and its life...

@ Alex:

Scale has always been a problem in sc4 and I share the fact that it's disppointing to have a mass of buildings which are not corrected sized if we can agree that there is a "correct" size for sc4.
I made the choice of real size for the "parisian skyscrapers", don't know if I was right. You can scale them with cogeo's tool if you want but I checked IG and your BATs seems to fit correctly with my towers...

@Yann:

Thanks my dear Pintade, but fantastic BATer, I am not sure  ::)

Not a lot of time, but decided to focus on the famous wheat fields.
I did already mayor mod versions, and now attack timed props for lots:

Early spring:

Late spring (I have to work a little bit more on the colors...   %wrd):

Summer:

Early Autumn:

Late Autumn:

Winter:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sc-4

Call me Ludo

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

Hmmm....
I understand that I can throw my wheat field out of my farm fields set.... This is way better than the MJB props I used for my fields.  $%#Ninj2

Ok, that was the yealousy part.  ;D

Now the SC4 colleagues part:

Hey Girafe, that's really very good! Beautiful models.  :thumbsup:
Do I understand that in autumn the fields get brown row by row? And how do the different props appear: all at the same time on the whole field, or do they grow 1/3 of the tiles at a time, like the Simgoober farm fields?

mgarcia

je suis désolé, je ne voulais pas te vexer..... i'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you... I should have clarified that I know that real life keeps you busy ( i read of your thesis).  I meant that even though your bat is absolutely amazing...I would not be asking when you will finish it or for updates, i would wait patiently for you to release it. I was complementing you on your amazing work.

Girafe

Thanks for the comments,

Quote from: mgarcia on May 19, 2012, 02:01:19 PM
je suis désolé, je ne voulais pas te vexer..... i'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you... I should have clarified that I know that real life keeps you busy ( i read of your thesis).  I meant that even though your bat is absolutely amazing...I would not be asking when you will finish it or for updates, i would wait patiently for you to release it. I was complementing you on your amazing work.

You absolutely don't offence me, I glad you post here your feeling and what you think about my work.
What I said, is a general constatation and surely not negative.  ;)

Quote from: FrankU on May 19, 2012, 01:31:35 PM

Hey Girafe, that's really very good! Beautiful models.  :thumbsup:
Do I understand that in autumn the fields get brown row by row? And how do the different props appear: all at the same time on the whole field, or do they grow 1/3 of the tiles at a time, like the Simgoober farm fields?

All are timed props (2m x 2m) and are changing at same time

And thanks for the 50.000 views !!!
The Floraler

Girafe

The Floraler

weixc812

Beautiful farm house & scenery, Girafe  &apls
Can't wait to use them  ;D
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

sc-4

Awesome scene ther Girafe , it'st just perfect !

You're incredible !

Call me Ludo

gutterclub

The HD scene is beautiful, really brings out how great your work is!!! I really do wish there was a way of making HD models without sacraficing Zoom 5. Zoom 5 looks so poor when rendered in HD and that it the zoom I use most so I try not to use HD models.