• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

namspopof

Hi Girafe,
Glad to see you could not stop the BAT on SC4.  ::)

My favorite picture for presentation is the number 6 and second choice, the number 2.
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

Girafe

The Floraler

Thanks for your nice coments  ::)

Nothing stunning these last days, but you can find the Parasol pines on the LEX, pic 6 and 3 have been chosen, thanks to my dear guinea fowl

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Girafe

Thanks Noah,

This week end, I began something new for our friends of North America.

Decided to work on c.p. must have few years ago, subalpine firs. This species doesn't exist in Europe so I based my work on this pic:

With this set I am asking if I am in the right way, indeed I am not sure to have enough recoil on my job...

Anyway, the first pictures: New generation of subalpine firs

Pics are at maximum size to avoid blurred effect

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I have a question, why the trees you have made are not props as well, it would be great for people like me to use them with my apartments, because the flora trees sometimes does not show up in the game, I just wish you can make a prop pack for the trees you made in the past for people like me to use. The trees you make really looks great with my apartments. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

rambuckel

Very beautiful trees :) I'm looking forward to use them.

Just one little suggestion as I just "worked" with your conifers which seem to be very similar to those firs. At first sight the only difference seems to be the sharper peak of the firs.

I don't really know how to differentiate those models but I think you could propably think of making those firs a little bit darker than the conifers.

I think it would be nice if you could make a picture of both sorts of trees plopped next to each other.

Theresa

EDIT: I'd support Aarons Suggestion for a Prop-Pack ;)

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

vortext

Nice set of trees you've got there  :thumbsup:

To everyone about the proppack: I've already converted all of Girafe's trees, as well as most of the VIP trees to timed props (only poplars are missing I believe). If it's okay with the VIP team I can release those.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kergelen

Very beautiful Parasol Pines Girafe! I just have seen in game. &apls
And I'm glad you've returned.
I'm having ploblems with the flora Parasol Pines in the LE. I make a Lot with the pines but then I don't see Pines in the game ()what(). Someone else have the same problem?

Vortex: wow, that's a great news! Timed props are essential &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Aaron Graham

Quote from: Kergelen on February 26, 2012, 02:58:39 PM
Very beautiful Parasol Pines Girafe! I just have seen in game. &apls
And I'm glad you've returned.
I'm having ploblems with the flora Parasol Pines in the LE. I make a Lot with the pines but then I don't see Pines in the game ()what(). Someone else have the same problem?

Vortex: wow, that's a great news! Timed props are essential &apls

This is what I have been talking about before in my earlier post it will not show up in the game because your probably using flora as you prop, flora never works right, sometimes it will show up in the game and sometimes it will not it's a random thing.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Lowkee33

Same flora problems with me too.  I haven't lotted any seasonal flora just because lotting I've done is with growables, and I haven't done much lotting recently either.  At one point I thought the issue was with occupant size, and with the bounding box in LE overlapping, but I don't think that is the case (the maxis RKT5 have large occupant sizes).  It might also be something in the flora parameters, but Girafe's trees are kept to pretty small numbers.

Props are the way to go I would say.  I would prefer to have them timed differently than the seasonal flora (a week or so off, or perhaps each tree with its own timing), but you know, to he/she that mods go the spoils. :) 

weixc812

Quote from: vortext on February 26, 2012, 02:44:58 PM
Nice set of trees you've got there  :thumbsup:

To everyone about the proppack: I've already converted all of Girafe's trees, as well as most of the VIP trees to timed props (only poplars are missing I believe). If it's okay with the VIP team I can release those.
Yeah, the props are in great need, and personally I have already made some... ;D
Later I will put up one pic using Girafe's trees as props in the Picture Contest  ;)
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Girafe

Thanks a lot for the comments  ::)

VIP stuff as props:

@ Vortext: good news. After I have to check with my guinea fowls how to deal with your proposition. Indeed, in one part you have achieved a big part of modding but in another hand we stay the authors of the props.

We keep in mind of course and it's our aim, to propose to the largest public the best stuff we can (and we know that lot of lotters want these flora items as props / timed props), so I will let you know what the others think about this  ;)

@ Theresa

This is the list of developed pines.

Set A & B were the first packs, the saturation of the color is not good as the density but I was not able to avoid this fact at that time (due to alpha maps).

Set C has never been released, only Cedric used it for Antigone, for a simple reason I was never successful with autumn version (exporting stage 4 & 5: 18 hours and a preview more than 1hour, in this configuration it's not possible to test many colors for fall livery  &mmm).

Set D, it's a set with entire batted needles which is much better for rendering and texturing. Color of this pack seems to be more adjusted to fit with broad leaved trees.

Set E, last one is like set D, I just changed the color with totally different texture.

You can see that the specter of colors begins to be large and the potential of new "green" colors is not so big.

@ weixc812:

Superb pic indeed and good use of flora props  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

rambuckel

Thanks a lot for the explanation :) I can imagine that you are not able to really work on a set of trees like the C-Set that needs hours to be rendered. Althoug the models look like they would be worth the effort :) They are really beautiful. But the D-Set is as beautiful.

At least I'm happy about every new plant you release :)

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

SeanSC4

First off, I love all your work Giraffe.  &apls

Sub-alpine trees have been a species that I've been waiting for intently.

Aaron Graham

The trees looks great, keep it the great work.

vortext

Good to hear it's taken into consideration. Initially I made the props for my street mod but like you said, a lot of people will want to use them in the LE. Moreover it will save you guys a lot of work (oh yes I did, twice  :P ).

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 26, 2012, 07:04:47 PMI would prefer to have them timed differently than the seasonal flora (a week or so off, or perhaps each tree with its own timing)

Funny you say so, that was my thought exactly when I made them. Some trees will change last week of august, others first weeks of september. Besides, trees from the VIP rural pack actually have four seasons so they're already on a different pace than MMPs.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

supremec

Nice nice nice!! I'm happy when I see you're making new trees! &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

Thanks for the comments.

Subalpine firs coming soon:

The Floraler

Framly

Thanks for the great trees! &apls

My Girafe-Folder gets bigger and bigger :P

Please! Keep on your fantastic work! :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team