• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding the seasonal props on LOTs, you can used them, they are under the section Flora with the name Grfe_XX except maples which are under the name TSC (if I am right) but I will correct them soon as I already renamed them for myslef.
But be careful, Carl does not advice to use Seasonal props on LOTs...

I have no motivations these last weeks and months even if my guinea fowls are here.
I will finish Gan which is closed to be released.

In game pics:

I began to work on an Ellyps's project but it stays nowhere...
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Your skyscraper is magnificent!

I really love the green tinge to the glass - it's really unique in game and brilliantly executed: the lighting is top notch  :thumbsup:

I hope you can find your motivation soon  :)

Swordmaster

Quote from: Girafe on November 02, 2011, 03:11:51 PM
Regarding the seasonal props on LOTs, you can used them, they are under the section Flora with the name Grfe_XX except maples which are under the name TSC (if I am right) but I will correct them soon as I already renamed them for myslef.
But be careful, Carl does not advice to use Seasonal props on LOTs...

Well, like has been said, you can use them as flora on LOTs, but their timer starts whenever the lots are grown/plopped. That's a problem for growable lots, of course. But I understand it would take too much time to convert them, so I'll stick with CP trees for now...  :)

Air6

noahclem

Gan is looking great!  &apls  At night it fits right in next to SimFox's BATs, which in my opinion are the gold standard for quality night-lighting.

I also hope you find your motivation again!

Girafe

Thanks for all  your kind comments (Matt, Swordmaster, Ben & Noah),

@Noah, yes we use the same method with Simfox, we have each our way how to do but finally we stay really close to each other.

I didn't recover motivation but I had done things I didn't show you yet,

A girafe at the state of the art:

Gan tower:

There were tiny details, like the empty effect inside the tower I corrected and i gave more intensity to the lighting (you can check in the IG pics, I was a little bit under the average).

Regarding the mysterious cross, Vlasky at ST found the BAT, so it's time to show you a little bit more:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Ah, Cathedral of the Christ the Saviour, Moscow. ;) Nice work on both the cathedral and the Gan tower.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Wow, the cathedral looks great and your tweaking keeps improving Gan  :thumbsup:

Air6

Sciurus

Air6 >> +1!! We want more Girafe, always more! :D
Impressive work!! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Lior

The tower is beautiful, I liked the night lights, and the cathedral is just amazing!

Girafe

Thank you very much for your comments  ::)

I didn't advance on the cathedral as I found that it was not well lookking in Sc4 view moreover I miss photos of the top  %wrd

I reopen my 3ds this week end and start something new:

A pack of chestnuts, it has the particularity ro have only 4 stages as they are really massive trees. Last stage is designed to have a better integration on 

As the VIP Carpack was an awesome success, I am asking about creating new models:
The Floraler

Orange_o_

I think the lack of good messages to make you understand that what you do, really do not measure up ....

... it's a joke my rabbit  :D

Am I the only one to marvel at so many beautiful things?

However, I think you should be able to improve the gilding of the roof? no?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vortext

Quote from: Orange_o_ on November 18, 2011, 01:58:24 PMAm I the only one to marvel at so many beautiful things?

certainly not  :)

I agree the gilding offers room for improvement. However I'm more excited about the chessnut trees, just can't stop marvelling over all this gorgeous (seasonal) flora.
Though one remark, maybe too late, but would it be possible still to vary the greenness? I.e. in autumn all your trees display a beautiful palet of colour, would be nice to have some different hues in summertime as well. For instance something in between what they look now and the recently released VIP poplar trees, as chessnuts are rather bright.

Just my two cents, take care.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

You should make the dome a little taller. We can see the details at the top are " small " on the real picture, whereas on yours it takes almost the half of the golden dome.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Fantasic work on the cathedral.
Quote from: art128 on November 18, 2011, 02:37:42 PM
You should make the dome a little taller. We can see the details at the top are " small " on the real picture, whereas on yours it takes almost the half of the golden dome.

Would say scale it to 130 % on the z-axis. (... and the side domes as well)

Sciurus

Very nice models. I particullary love the car (yes :D ) which is... a Renault Twingo? ;D
The tree is fine too, and what saying about the cathedral?!! &apls &apls

L'atelier d'architecture

Girafe

Thanks for your comments.

@ David: yes the gilding of the roofs is not optimized, I have to turn to a more goldsih one, as it's copper for time.

@ Vortext: thanks for posting what you think, interesting comment. Just be careful sc4 is a game where the camera is in the sky and not at ground. In our case, the leaves will be mess shiny with this point of view but I revised the green color of the chestnuts.
If you look carefully at the 2 pictures, on the second one, foliage is a darker green. Moreover David made poplars, and for my taste the green color is a little too bright but it gives variety to the game. I will never reach this tint of color I think but I followed you and propose something else:

Up: old color, Down: new color.

After the colors you see in 3dsmax, are not the colors in game, so I have to export it and check what I get IG.

@ Arthur and Arne: you right both, my small decorative at the top of the dome is too big and moreover I didn't scale the church on the Z axis. It's the last thing I do before exporting because it has no sense to BAT at 133% directly.
Project will be in stand by, Girafe saw too big ^^.

@ Guillaume: Yes it's a Clio RS 2, metal is not so good... &Thk/( something I need working on.

Finally Gan / CB21 has been exported and is going to be modded.  :-\
The Floraler

DerChrischi

i love you trees, cars, etc. ...
I used it every day! Thanks man for let us using it!  ;)

Sciurus

I prefer the new color, I find it more realistic!
I agree with you about the metal texture; maybe should you make it brighter?

L'atelier d'architecture