• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Great work with the trees. I like the water color. &apls

Lowkee33

Good morning,

For the rivers:

One thing to be careful of is the height of the LODs.  If you see my post about Lilith's pond (which I fear I am asking way too much work for her) you will see the issue.  The LOD must be below .3 meters for shadows to appear (perhaps you are just making textures though...).  That being said, we know that Jeronij's plopable water is above this mark.  The reasons this works is because the model is transparent, and we are actually seeing the shadow on the ground.  I will have to figure out how to make transparent items on the BAT before I can try this out.

You will just have a lot more freedom with placement if they are MM flora, but I think the quality of your textures may override that.

For your trees:

Bap started a post (Link) that raised a lot of possibilities for me.  The point of this thread is that the FSH files are totally editable, so a fair amount of post-processing can be done.  I post this image as a quick example, and don't mean to offend ::)

Basically, the FSH is exported, edited in an image editing program (I use GIMP), and then re-imported.

The reason I bring this up is that the color you export from BAT is not necessarily the color the model has to be.  Now, I don't know what is easier:  Changing the color in BAT and exporting, or editing 20 FSH.  It may be a quick way to test what a color will look like in-game.  You could also change certain pixels that you find irritating.  Just ideas.

Although I think the birches should be yellow, you don't need to get it perfect for me because I can change them as I see fit.

Be Well

Orange_o_

For those interested, here is the link to an old tutorial (in French) on how to reFiSHing.

Carl, replace FSH are often longer than the new export. In addition we must be careful with LODs

http://www.toutsimcities.com/forums.php?viewthread=523243&page=1

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Girafe

Work is going really slowly   %wrd

I have never continued my european cars pack, so boring so long but today a small model comes to the collection:

Xsara Picasso with 4 colors in 45 & 90°

Concerning the trees, we are agree with the guinea fowls and the finished version of the chestnut looks like that (a little bit less dark :)):

And I began something with larches:

Anf finally I don't forget the 3S but I needed the paint objects of 3dsmax 2011 for batting the slates of the roof however there are still lot of bugs concerning this last version of max and renders so for time nothing really advanced...

and finally Signal's project stays at ground zero

It's all for the moment
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Love the cable cars

but the text on the cas doesn't it say Val d'Isere and not Escape Kelly ?
(It says Escape Kelly on the front and back and Val d'Isere on the sides) :P

That is a massive tower you got there! Looks great.

Orange_o_

It is impressive all the same all that a giraffe is capable of making.   :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Air6

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nbvc

Badsim

Ici au moins suis-je assuré de ne pas juste « peigner la Girafe » , hein Antoine !  ;D

« Peigner la girafe » means to « To comb a giraffe » which is a french expression for « wasting his/her time » . You certainly don't waste your , Antoine , as everything here looks perfect ... maybe because you take care to not show us your horrors !?!  :D

I'm already in love with these Larch trees , Brian's ones just look like prehistoric from now ... I'm impatient to see how you'll deal with autumn , when these deciduous conifers are the most spectacular ... that's one of my favorite trees , I do intend to use them massively . I would request you to make a less straight ( more twisted ) one , that's really something missing too ...  ::)

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Andreas

Those larches look more like spruces to me, but nevertheless, I really love the models (the chestnut too) - so realistic! :)
Andreas

Aaron Graham

I love the skyscraper and the cable car, keep it up. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Ciuu96

Your trees are beautiful, that skyscraper is awesome and that cable car is really great too! That car is also very nice! Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Dark_Jedi06

I absolutely love your trees...we've only been given a taste of what they'll be like with your recent release and I can't wait to have them all at my fingertips. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

Rayden

Quote from: vester on January 28, 2011, 09:19:38 AM
Love the cable cars

but the text on the cas doesn't it say Val d'Isere and not Escape Kelly ?
(It says Escape Kelly on the front and back and Val d'Isere on the sides) :P

That is a massive tower you got there! Looks great.

Arne, didn't you meant to say Espace Killy? ;)

I love the cable cars too, along with all your other creations. :thumbsup:

mattb325

The trees are just superb! I am enjoying watching all of your wonderful creations come together &apls

knapp

I'm amazed seeing Your trees. They are very very beautiful. Perhaps it might be interesting for You, to know that I also work on new MM water tiles (look here). So if You want, we can work together for a complete water pack.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

Girafe

Thanks all for your nice comments   ::)

knapp: I follow what you do and it's really interesting work but I have no time for advancing on this project sorry  &mmm

Nothing good, I have really not so much time for batting.

As a guinea fowl in our fantastic club, I help as I can (it's the wheat I made for Badsim who lotted it very nicely)

Spring

Summer

Libeskind's Tower stays here, 3S too  :'( :'(

The larches are not working as I want, it begins to be very paintful  ()sad()

Concerning the birches, I decided to add more colors for variety (my split is done) however I need to create customized LODs, what is not so easy with trees like these...

Something "new", don't know if you will find what it is
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

MattyFo

WOW Girafe!!! Those fields are incredible!  they look so much like the real thing!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

TiFlo

Those fi... wait. MattyFo! You took the words out of my mouth!  :D