• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Looks good, but maybe a little to red. They should be a bit more orange and yellow.

mightygoose

if you want to go that red you need to desaturate and add more brown. the lighter ones look great though.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Girafe

Thanks mates  ;)

I follow you and try some other colors.

At first, I worked again on the summer version, less saturate (brighter green). I am satisfied with it, what do you think ? there are 3 different greens for more diversity but maybe you don't see it at first glance (I want to add more diversity with other packs, for time I am only with one species so I can't have big differences between my greens).

Now, which concerns the autumn variations, it's a little bit more complex (I try to dessaturate every color, red one, at first). I have no idea about this, so I am referring to you  ()stsfd()
I have a system of stages, so if you don't like the color at stage 3 (red one for example) you can continue to stage 4 & 5. Thus I tried to have the best colors at these last 2 stages.

I show you a mix of both seasons:

Next I will go to winter season (without snow for reasons mentionned by Lowkee).

A small test as a surprise: ^^

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

tag_one

Andreas

Lovely indeed! SC4 forest have never been more realistic. :) The red looks much better now, but I think you should add a bright yellow texture, too.
Andreas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

Ah, Girafe, when will you stop showing us these real-life pictures?! :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rooker1

That is absolutely stunning.  I think I would prefer to play with the autumn trees all the time. 
&apls Great work!! &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

mightygoose

and people said HD wasn't worth the memory...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mattb325

Girafe - these are so beautiful  &apls

The subtelty of these autumn colours in your second render is splendid

Gringamuyloca

I can't see the difference... can you see the difference??? Bravo  &apls

Tamara

mrbisonm

Well for european standards these colours look probably realistic, but here in North-America we have more intenser colours, nothing compared to these more faded ones. I included a picture that I took earlier in my backyard this October, mostly Maple (Ahorn), Aspen (Pappel) and Walnut (Walnuss).
This year was very intense in colours, something that happens every 3 to 5 years. The more you're in the mountains, the intenser the colours also, maybe something to do with colder temps.
These picture were not modified.

Anyways, those models are one of the best I have seen sofar and you can be sure that I will use them if or when they are available. You bet! Great work. I love that Spruce (last pic) so much.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

xannepan

Andreas

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 23, 2010, 10:19:48 PM
Well for european standards these colours look probably realistic, but here in North-America we have more intenser colours, nothing compared to these more faded ones. I included a picture that I took earlier in my backyard this October, mostly Maple (Ahorn), Aspen (Pappel) and Walnut (Walnuss).
This year was very intense in colours, something that happens every 3 to 5 years. The more you're in the mountains, the intenser the colours also, maybe something to do with colder temps.

Yeah, this is true for most of the time. I was hoping for some more intense colors this year, but I suppose it didn't get cold enough during the nights, and when temperatures finally dropped in late october/early november, most of the foliage fell down already, or was blown away by the wind. The last time we had a really wonderful "indian summer" was in 2007, when the trees were literally burning. I've posted a few pictures last year in this thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9108.msg281112#msg281112
Andreas

Girafe

Thanks every one for your replies very well appreciated  :)

mrbisonm: I agree with you and at first my colors were intenser however it looks strange in the game and I think brighter colors fit better. Moreover as I understood, the intense colors come from the temperature which "burns" the leaves . So it's normal that leaves in Canada are intenser than in Europe.  ;)

Andreas: thanks for the pictures which are really good  &apls

Which concerns the trees, Lowkee is modding them but it seems to be more complex than we though. Indeed we are asking us about the good time of the seasons and moreover we have shadow issues. I trust Lowkee and hope solutions will be found quickly for a soon release  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Girafe

News: I made the 5 stages of the birches in the summer season on the same model I did for firs and maples.
Don't know what to think about them so I ask you  &Thk/(.

Sry for big size of picture howver if I decrease the resolution, quality of trees decreases quickly  %wrd 

The Floraler

strucka

This is probably one of the best threads I've ever found anywhere.  &apls &apls I really can't wait for your awesome and perfect and great trees and woods to come out. &apls &apls

cubby420

&apls  &apls Your trees are beautiful and near indistinguishable from their RL counterparts.

strucka

Hello again! I have a slight problem, with a lot of stuff, but your cablecar lots are the latest. So here it is. All the lots, that have transparent ground surface textures, make a hole in my ground and make it transparent. Why is that? Is there a fix to that or is it just a lack of a certain ground texture, that causes this?

For your answer thanks in advance.

strucka