• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Une_ame: thank you  ;)

Simfox: thank you so much for your pieces of advice concerning 3dsmax, its options and the introduction about materials, it was very helpfull.  &apls

It's the last picture of these mapples, indeed I think I have done my best and can't upgrate this mapples. There are 3 versions with different forms, highs (between 18 and 23 m) and a tiny difference which concerns the green colors.
I have decided to reduce the reflexivity due simply to the fact that mapple's leaves reflect not a lot. In another part models are a little bit darker but it's more realistic.

What's next, I will try to develop forest mayor plop lots with different trees and forest items I think as C.P. did.
But at first I will work again on pines already released in the LEX to apply what I learned from Simfox 

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Gilikov1994

Yes great :D, with your creations we can make realistic cities

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

manchou

Quote from: Gilikov1994 on May 21, 2010, 01:45:35 PM
Yes great :D, with your creations we can make realistic cities

... or country  :thumbsup: your work is awesome  &apls &apls &apls
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Girafe

There is little news, I work on forest mayor plop and I started to rework the subalpin mod of C.P.
There are only the two first stage ; the last 3 stages are much difficult to render due to their complexity - 3dsmax is not able to render them in HD for time  &Thk/(

There are still little bugs with darkness but I didn't success to remove them for time. Pines are always a little bit dark, it's given more contrast but maybe it's to dark  &Thk/(.

Concerning the flora, it's subalpin pines, particulary located in North America, don't exist in Europe as I know.
The 3 last stages will be with higher pines.

Maybe add some dead pines too.
It's summer version but the snow version will come for sure  ;)

More forest mods will come too, with these times more European pines  :P 
A picture with the Pyrenean Terrain Mod of Orange  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

manchou

Girafe

In french forum people asked for a little dessaturation and it's better I think.
The is always the question of SD / HD but it seems that people with low computers would have problems with big forests of HD pines so for time I will work in SD.

In another part, anyone knows how to allow more memory to 3ds, bacause for stage 3,4,5 models are to complex and 3ds doesn't follow and bugs  %wrd

The Floraler

Gilikov1994

Aaah great :D

Btw, Manchou thank you very much friend !! :thumbsup:(did you already find the IID for the asphalt)

- Giel

manchou

Great Girafe  :thumbsup:

@ Gilikov1994 :  :D Yes i found it, and your welcome :)

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

SimFox

OK, I'm not gonna jump into this traditional praises singing choir, rather point some problems, I believe it is far more productive.

I'll start with a picture:

what was a very good realistic green for foliage (on the right) Had somehow turned into the same fake plastic/chemical color that most of the custom trees in SC4 share. It is neitehr realistic no good looking. Also all the shadow detail is gone. As a result the tree from Max looks no better than it would in GMAX. Real shame.

May I ask if you have exported those in HD?

Same goes for Pines. Yes they are darker than your normal deciduous trees, but what you have there not a "darker". The real issue, again that most unnatural looking hue and, traditionally saturation levels... From what I see I sort may conclude that you haven't really set your max right that's why you have those great looking preview renders and these exports. And I'm sorry that nobody seem to notice it. What is it? Trying to be polite?

I'm against HD trees - in my mind they are nothing but an misguided showing off. Trees, I believe would be more seen/looked at Zoom5 than Zoom6 so it(zoom5 and SD9 should be given priority. However for the sake of truth I also have to counter the rumors that "that people with low computers would have problems with big forests of HD pines". There is no any technical rational behind it. And generic "low computers" should be reason enough to suspect it. General rule of thumb don't take as given warning of person who can't explain them in detail. Those are likely be superstitious panicking.

I would urge you again take look at your settings (same problem with gamma are also evident on your cars - you have way to bright and way to dark areas on them), as well as experiment more with materials. If you don't do it you'll loose the biggest presentational advantage Max offer over GMAX.

Girafe

Simfox: corrections made
all trees are exported in HD
In the pictures with mapples, I changed the materials it's for this reason they are not similar
Indeed trees in sc4 are very green and maybe unrealistic but I think that the mapple on the right is maybe a little too bright, anyway I will rework these trees with corrected gamma and I think it will change lot of things

I had problems with Gamma, it's corrected now. I put a picture with the correct gamma, I will work again on mapples with the new settings but later.

The Floraler

Air6

Engorn

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls Very very nice work. Can't wait to have those... ::)

Girafe

Air6:& Engorn thanks  ;)

I decided to come back a little to the ski pack, only the stage 5 is missing for the pines so it would be easy to finish it.

I am working again on a cable car in 3ds and I have well advanced but now it's time for texturing and I got difficulties.

Anyone could advice me to obtain the same glass effect in the photo

Preview on 3ds:

The Floraler

Engorn

Well, I don't know, but it can be useful to you to know that usually this is not glass. Commonly those windows for the cable car are covered with translucent plastics. ;)

manchou

Amazing work my friend ! For the render of the glass, i can't help you  ::) !

A+

Girafe

Some news  :)

At first, as I said I corrected my gamma level and worked again on the mapples with true settings. I obtained this:

Mapple 1:

Mapple 2:

Mapple 3:

In another part I finished pines. There are like Cp's pines, 5 stages

1 stage 1 pine   15m tall
2 stage 2 pines  17m tall
3 stage 3 pines  20m tall
4 stage 3 pines  22m tall
5 stage 4 pines  25m tall

it's summer pines. However I will do soon the same stage pack with snow versions but I don't know how to code 2 versions in mayor mod menu. For these reasons I ask help for someone who are able to mod this.

There is as I know no convention which concerns date of summer or winter period. So for all winter stuff I made and I will make I decided to begin summer the 1st of april and winter the 1st of december. (I need only 2 seasons).

At the end work on cable car. I textured it and started to think about how to do the easier line with the cables.
Cabines are grey and I will do in red too but if there is other suggestions tell me now.  ;)

Sky is only to got reflexions with glass textures

In another part all my props about ski lift are not centered in 3dsmax - they are centered with cable lines in each part of pylons which is much easier for me after for lot with LE or pim. It is a real problem if I want to upload the stuff in devotion ?   

comments and suggestions are welcome as always ;)
The Floraler

rooker1

The ski lift looks awesome and the trees are perfect.  I could really use those pine trees now with what I am working on in my MD. ::) ;)
Great work!

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Gilikov1994

Yeah, great :).. the detail in the BAT is very realistic., it gives me a winter fever xD

Une_ame

I don't think the guys in Maxi's ever imagine what can be done with there creation : look at this station :o!! I know I already told you that about others of your creations ( &apls the trains and the trees :thumbsup:) but what you made on this very technical BAT is just unbelievable ::)!!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !