• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit

MR.Y
well that one is as good as finished. i only have to render one corner pylon wich is only mirroring the model, rendering en putting in the game.
after some bug checks it will be uploaded.

A G glad you like m sofar :)

Metarvo
wow what an amazing idea that is!
it lookes like we give each other new ideas al the time wich is great hehe!

thanks for the compliment!
a well im a perfectionist when the wire has only a little kink it already frustrates me.  ::)
i hope more people are like you and don't see it as that much of a deal.

anyways i got a new shot with all the splitters:

i also made one wich split into both sides
i now have to figure out how to make one wich splits into 2 single circuit pylons but wich aren't resulting in a diagonal line

buzzit

metarvo

Good.  I'm liking it better all the time.  :thumbsup:

It kind of reminds me of the MHW partial-y and full-Y splitters.  However, that network also has T-intersections.  In much the same way, you could make a T-intersection for this set which would have one orthogonal single-circuit line running off at a 90-degree angle to the line that continues its course from the splitter.  Of course, it would result in a 90-degree turn, which you may be trying to avoid, but it would involve no diagonals at all.  The RL splitter I referenced in the last post was in fact a 90-degree splitter IIRC.  As an alternative, you could have a diagonal double-circuit line split into two orthogonal double-circuit lines, which would be the diagonal equivalent of the splitter you have featured in the center of that pic.  The trouble with either of these choices is the fact that the two single-circuit lines that result would not be going in the same direction after the split.

The final choice would require a lot more work.  If you really wanted the two single-circuit lines to be parallel and going the same way, then one circuit would have to leave the splitter at a fractional angle (neither diagonal nor orthogonal) to connect with a single-circuit corner pylon that would be placed one or more tiles over from the other single-circuit pylon, depending on the right-of-way you wanted between the two lines.  The corner pylon would then convert this line back to an orthogonal line to run parallel to the other single-circuit line.  Of course, doing so would require an additional splitter and corner pylon to be made with the isolators rotated to accommodate the new angle that would be used temporarily.

Anyway, those were just my ideas on how to split a double-circuit line into two orthogonal single-circuit lines.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MR.Y

so buzzit, here are the promised pics of german LV-Pylons:

corner-pylon:

normal pylon:

and end-pylon:

hope they're helpful...

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on March 19, 2011, 03:05:08 PM
so buzzit, here are the promised pics of german LV-Pylons:

corner-pylon:

normal pylon:

and end-pylon:

hope they're helpful...

thx alot mate  :thumbsup:

when i was younger i used to love to see these pylons in germany
even my mom made some pictures with an old camera for me hehe!

i modeld the straight piece allready.
but i can't show it now because im rendering an improved model for the german HV-line

MR.Y

uhh, that was quick...I've also some pics of the german HV-Pylons you make, if I should show them to you(there's something insteresting at the corner-pylons)

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on March 19, 2011, 05:20:29 PM
uhh, that was quick...I've also some pics of the german HV-Pylons you make, if I should show them to you(there's something insteresting at the corner-pylons)
i think i already know what you mean with the corner pylons :)
but if you can show me what you mean it would be nice!

here's the render of the medium voltage one

it may look like there's no isulators but thats because i colored them brownish

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

MR.Y

rubbish, I deleted accidentally the folder with the pics, but look on the foot of this pylon, I think you know then what I mean

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on March 20, 2011, 02:21:07 PM
rubbish, I deleted accidentally the folder with the pics, but look on the foot of this pylon, I think you know then what I mean
jup thats exacly what i mented
the corner/deviation pylons have a diffrent but more reinforced structure to handle the stress the wires give the tower when in a diffrent angle
something i didn't implemented in my older sets
something wich will be done now.

my tubular pylons have something like that aswell
but it isnt nessesarely  more reinforced no
instead they shortend the arms wich carry the conductors.
you could compare it with a lever mechanism

pyrointheshadows

Quote from: Buzzit on March 16, 2011, 05:08:04 AM

anyways i got a new shot with all the splitters:

i also made one wich split into both sides
i now have to figure out how to make one wich splits into 2 single circuit pylons but wich aren't resulting in a diagonal line

buzzit

Damn i never thought of that one when I was thinking of ideas myself. GOOD JOB! That would really come in handy!  &apls  &apls  &apls  :thumbsup:

pyrointheshadows

Quote from: Buzzit on March 12, 2011, 07:29:36 PM
the first little update
(wicht took over 12000 seconds to render!!!)

its the first 'splitting' pylon for the tube package

i also renderd the second diagonal for the the 3rd tube styled pylon(the one with all insulators on the same side)

allthough it still looks pretty decent i still have an annoying issue i have with most of the corner connections
wich i made a picture of aswell:

as you can see it has some short of kink(is this the right word for it?) in the wire
i already noticed it when i was test rendering it and i 'pulled' it as tight as possible but i couldnt get the kink out of it.
is there a way to deal with this properly?
atleast if it bothers most of you?  if it aint that big of a deal ill keep it this way
it would save me alot of time.

i also took a look at wireless slope friendly pylons
but for some reason i don't get the result i want
Maarten suggested me to try custom lods wich i did.. unfortunately that didnt worked either(or i made a mistake with that.)
this is how it looks like now:

anyone else has ideas for this one?

till the next update!
Buzzit

Well I wouldn't fret over the kink in the wires but then that kind of attention to detail must be why all your previous projects came out so good!  :thumbsup: I can't wait to see this 500KV project on the STEX or the LEX  ;D  &apls

And i was going to ask why traditional 500KV Monopoles such as these have 3 wires on each insolator and you only have two, but that was sorta answered for me lol. 3 hours to load 2 wires. yikes.

anyways, good job :) I like it a lot!

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Buzzit

i updated the main page with additional information about the tubular set
just to tell you people how far i currently am with the project. :)

keep an eye on the mainpage as it gets updated on a weekly base  :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham
well it was a first attempt for it!
i need to find out how i can make them look properly with out the model glitches

Aaron Graham

Buzzit

Quote from: Aaron Graham on March 30, 2011, 07:25:38 AM
Glitches, were, what's going on. I just hope I can help.
i think you can help me yes
you see the concrete feet on the wireless pylons?
they all look the same nomatter where i place them
its 'showing' that is on a sloped spot when it accually isnt on a sloped spot..
its pretty hard to figure out what the problem accually is  &mmm

Lowkee33

You have shadows on the wrong side of the pylon, indicating that the model has underground parts, which I would assume is the foundation.

Perhaps try rendering the pylon and the foundation separately, but rendering the foundation as a "foundation".  Not sure about the batting aspect of that, only that it is possible.

You would then make a Foundation exemplar for the foundation.  The "Building Foundation" property is then added to the pylon's Building exemplar, using the TGI (or perhaps just the Instance) of the foundation exemplar.  I have had troubles with "building foundation" in the Lot exemplar, although this is were it is placed by default.

Aaron Graham

Yes, Lowkee33  is right, but when it comes to rotating the foundation you can't do it, the foundation has to be face a certin direction. if you look at my models, my slope friendly bats have that shadow problem, I have been teying to fix that issue, I have been thinking is it possible to not have the foundation shadows to not render, it could be possible, but I'm just thinging right now. just need some more test on it, and I my need to ask SimFox for some questions about how remove shadow in the render in GMax.

Buzzit

thanks for the information guys :)
i will certainly look into it! and i think i will get it all to work properly then :)

anyways i started to look into new ways of creating pylons
i used Metarvo's measurement of 0.02 for the struts and well the results are amazing!
i used a test pylon wich i modeld with the help of a construction drawing for  a polish 110Kv pylon
i also have a new and lovely assistent(thanks Ernst!) who helps me with this for even better realism  ;D
coincidentally the pylons looks really alike with Metarvo's newest pylon
here's a render:

i am reconstructing both the 500Kv lattice pylon and the german pylon wich the straight piece is almost completed now  :)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

metarvo

It looks good!  :thumbsup:  You know, that must be a fairly popular design.  It certainly does look quite similar, apart from the green isolators and some minor structural differences.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.