• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

After 3 attempts at rending this mega model (wasted 27 hours) I have come to the conclusion that it cannot be rendered as one piece.
I will have to split it in at least 3 pieces and then try again.

I even tried scaling it down 50%, render it and use the Tweaker to upscale it back to 100 but the result is horrible.

Stats. 17 tiles long. 4 tiles wide and 4 tiles high.

A tad over half a million polys. I have optimized everything possible.

It includes dozens of nightlights as well.

I will not give up that easy.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Barroco Hispano

The largest ship that I have exported is 210 meters long. (I exported it in HD)
Barroco Hispano

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

paddy0174

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 12, 2019, 12:20:21 PM
After 3 attempts at rending this mega model (wasted 27 hours) I have come to the conclusion that it cannot be rendered as one piece.
[...]

I have to ask, wouldn't it be possible, to use Amazon or Google rented processor power to render the models? I have no idea how this works, it's just asuggestion. :)
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Simmer2

paddy0174 I doubt very much that is possible.

SM2 Cooper Tires is now a reality.

Simmer2

paddy0174

Would you mind telling me, what you would need? I'd suspect a running Windows 10 (would Windows Server be ok, too?) with installed 3DSMax. What else is needed?

I just took a short look at Google, they advertise exactly this use case: rendering for media and entertainment industry ;) You could rent up to 96 (!!!) virtual processors at once, together with say 50GB of space.

https://cloud.google.com/solutions/media-entertainment/use-cases/

-----
Edit, found a better link:
https://cloud.google.com/solutions/media-entertainment/use-cases/rendering/
-----

I'm sure, Amazon with its AWS cloud services offers something comparable.

I know, these processor power is not free of charge, but at least I would be happy to sponsor a rendering session. You could "offer" a sponsor link in the description of the lot? :) I know that from park benches here in Germany. :D :D :D
The prices are pretty cheap, between $0,01 up to $3,80 per hour. If I calculate your assumed PC power and 27 hours, my guess would be around six hours, max ten hours, for the tanker model. Would be something around $15 to $25... As I said, I'd love to see a "sponsoring by model". :)
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Simmer2

Paddy0174 I'm running ancient software (Gmax, XP etc) no chance of that happening but I'm not giving up on the ship model. As I said in a previous post I will cut the model in 3 or 4 pieces and then render them much faster and in HD as well. I will do it when I have time.

Here is another. SM2 Hydrocracking Unit Grab it here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3883

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 Titanium Alloys Inc is ready to render.

Simmer2

Simmer2

fantozzi

How roof texture and model's roof work together on SM2 Hydrocracking Unit is gorgeous.  &apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

Thanks Major!

SM2 Reddington Concrete Plant is in the game now.

Simmer2

Simmer2

Simmer2

A new prop pack awaits you!

SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol4 is here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3885

And... SM2 Coal Barge A is also ready to dl here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3886

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Wow!

Really nice surprise. Thanks for putting together the MegaProp pack! And the coal barge is a nice addition too!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

Quote from: Simmer2 on December 01, 2019, 07:25:46 PM
A new prop pack awaits you!

SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol4 is here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3885

Simmer2

&dance :clap: :clap: &dance :clap: :clap: &dance :clap: :clap: &dance :clap: :clap: &dance :clap: :clap: &dance :clap::clap: &dance :clap: :clap: &dance

I'm getting keen and horny to lot again. Hopefully on christmas holidays I can have a look into it. Thank you so much, master architect.

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi and fantozzi!

A little country bridge experiment.

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Your latest releases are stunning, thanks for all that you do in keeping this game going.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Thanks Papa-J

I redesigned the bridge and started work on a new prop based canal system...this is all Work In Progress at the moment. I'm experimenting with seamless textures and LODs

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

First of all, that bridge is awesome! Beautiful creation. I hope we will see it to be released one day. The prop base water texture lovely, and specially like how your set-up is working together with these water tile props either with the highwall or the simple canalwalls. I hope you will manage to go through on a whole set - if there is such a plan - (ortho, corners, diagonals etc...)
Always nice to see some new canal development for SC4. Also I like that it is rather neutral, so no specifically urban or rural, it can be both (earlier we saw a few canal developments from other creators - non of those have been released -, but those were mostly urban-style). So keep up the good work!

- Tyberius

by the way, you've got a +1 for your latest Mega Prop Pack. Thank you very much!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi!

Another one is now available here at the LEX. https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3887

Simmer2