• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the eman

Its been quite a while since I've visited the LEX. I already had an account set up for it, but, due to time, I have forgotten what my username and password were. I have attempted to reset my password at least once in the past few days, and no confirmation emails have gone through to the email I have linked with my account. I am also aware that there has been ongoing issues regarding the LEX. If someone can reply to this message ASAP with some guidance on how my LEX account can be reset, that will be much appreciated.

Also, when I try to set up a new account with the same email, the registration never finishes successfully. Perhaps that is for security reasons. Will the email associated with an LEX account reset as well, or do I have to link a new email to it? 

Tarkus

Hi the eman-

Welcome back!  I've located your LEX account and have just sent you a PM with details.

-Alex

Libke

Hi I began playing SimCity 4 out of nostalgia lately and began downloading mods. I wanted to download CAMeLots from the LEX but was unable to create an account. I keep getting this message on a blank white page

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'jeronij_lex'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/config.php on line 6
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL. Debugging errno: 1045 Debugging error: Access denied for user 'jeronij_lex'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Can someone help me get access to the LEX? Please and thank you!!!

Tarkus

Unfortunately, the LEX is down right now.  There's been some issues with the databases and disk space on the site, which knocked out the forums for about 10 days, and it appears the technical gremlins have since moved over to the LEX.

The site will be moving to a new server here soon, which should improve things.  While we will be attempting to do what we can to address technical issues within the confines of the current situation, know that there may still be issues like this that pop up every once and awhile until that move occurs.

-Alex

fritzfarlig

Hi Tarkus

I must ask, is there still problems with LEX ?

Fritzfarlig

Tarkus

Yes, the situation with the LEX remains unchanged since my last post. Unfortunately, there is no estimated time/date as to when it will be back.

-Alex

Luckiest 16

Hi,is there still error when login to LEX exchange?  :(

AsimPika3172

Better read this message!   :satisfied:

Sorry, the LEX is currently not available due to maintenance. We will resolve this as soon as possible.

Still under contructions mode!  ;) It takes some time until make it 100% works perfect!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

RomanFox

I changed my LEX password and got the reset email, then was able to reset my password and log in. But when I change my password from the profile page, after clicking Update Profile and signing out, I can't log back in with my new password. However, the random password generated during the reset process still works. Is this part of the issues that are being corrected, or is this something different?

Thanks!

R

Jack_wilds

Hi and Hello... h

hoping LEX is back... and if it is I am unable to sign in... it will not take the password... and goes to a url page to attempt to change the password... asking for help to sign in again with LEX...

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Tarkus on August 29, 2019, 06:16:41 PM
jack_wilds, I've just dropped you a PM. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Thanks...  :)
finding gizmos stuff was a great surprise... &apls
all appears good for now... ;)

:thumbsup:

Marggg

Who made this user nonfriendly redesign? I have not visited this site for a few years and... ftw guys?! Where is pagination? Why should is scroll down for years to find some older items???

Tarkus

If you're referring to the "infinite scroll" on the LEX, that's a common feature on a lot of websites nowadays--including Reddit and Facebook, among many others.  If you're looking for a more old-school paginated way of browsing the LEX, the Lot Table might be up your alley--click on the top of the "Upload Date" column a couple of times to sort by most recent.

Of course, if you're looking for older files, your best bet is probably to do a specific search, either using the Power Search tool, our Google Search feature, or again the Lot Table (just type in your search terms in the upper left box on the table).

-Alex

Tarkus

I've also just corrected a bad link to the password reset page, so that functionality should hopefully work now.

-Alex

eyelevel

Hey, I'm trying to access the exchange for the first time in about a year, and I'm getting an error whenever I try to sign in or create an account.

mthoman147

I have tried the past two days and cannot access the LEX and have even tried resetting my password, and never received the emails to do so.

TIA for your help!

vinlabsc3k

I can't access the LEX with my old account. What can I do?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!