• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Thanks Jon, if you look above I've answered that query.  When jeronij created the original version there were some issues with the conversion and some stuff got mixed up and missed off.  I'm in the process of checking the online list against my master list to see correct it.

tamorr

I am wondering if you ever got the NDEX Glenni MEGA Props Vol 01 & 02 on your master list, as they are not on the list above...

NDEX Glenni MEGA Props Vol01

NDEX Glenni MEGA Props Vol02

There they are just in case you didn't.... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

kyero

Does anyone really understand why windows goes contrary to its normal function in letting duplicate files be entered?  Normally windows has a popup that asks you if you want to replace the file that is already there. There has to be a reason for this, I just don't know it.

Hmmmmmm.........

Diggis

I've checked the list for errors and think I have corrected most of them.  I'm going to have to check the exchanges for updates, but I've uploaded the lastest version, current to December last year.  :thumbsup:

SC4BOY

I have come across files which contain essentials files.. for example BSC_Essentials_OG. It is my understanding that these are merged into the new BSC_Essentials file. Perhaps these merges should be shown by linking the older files to the merged file

Diggis

The reason they aren't on there is there wasn't an upload with that name when I created the list originally.  I went through every upload on the STEX and PLEX (as they were the only 2 at the time) and created this list linking to the latest version.   If there wasn't an original upload to BSC_Essentials_OG then it won't show on the list. 

While it would be nice, I have to draw the line somewhere.  If I get time I might manage it.

Diggis

I have updated the list to contain notation to items on the DVD and CD from the BSC LEX.  It's pretty hard to ensure that I have this 100% correct so if you find a mistake please let me know, but it should help immensely.

tagtraum99

Hi,

I'm looking for the dependencies for Wright's Keep. On my Simtropolis cd, it says, "this requires Castle..." and is cut off there. Anyone know what and where this is?" I already have the AD 1100 pack.

Thanks!

Andreas

Maybe the author meant those castle props by Maxis ("Castle Ramparts").
Andreas

leviathian01

Does anyone have bldgprop_vol2.dat

It's required for http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=20909 and the lack of it keeps crashing my game lol

jmyers2043

QuoteDoes anyone have bldgprop_vol2.dat

It's located at the official EA SimCity4 web site ... you need to log in to see the links. They're called 'Simcity buildings as props' and if you're looking for vol2 then you're probably looking for the 'RushHour buildings as props' link.

http://simcity.ea.com/coolstuff/loteditor/loteditortool_01.php?

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MikieCGY

Is there a link where I can download every single one of these dependencies.. one.. big..  file? 
I find it takes way too much time to go here..  then here.. then here..  unzip..

Just wondering :)   I'm wiling to host it if you'd like too! :p   

j-dub

It would be nice if that was possible, but I never heard of a gigabyte file size being able to be downloaded at rapid speed. I see what your saying, but now calculate how long SC4 takes to load with a bunch more plugins, then you have to calculate the time it takes to wait to download. I certainly do not want everything ever made, because the size is way too big, not like that will happen. You definitely do not want server connection time outs.

However, it would be great if someone else could host, because some countries, while they did have their own limited selection of Maxis buildings, they did not get ALL Maxis buildings like Lucky's Hang Ten, Shorty Burger. I still can not get over why Japan's Maxis site did not even get the Maxis made Seoul Gate download. That also goes for the Tai site, which, lost the .exe building installers after EA broke updated the site, it does not even redirect to the US site to download.

Not to mention the DLC only versions of SC4 EA put out in to internet retailers don't all use the same product registration system like when SC4 came in a box, so its not like those people are going to go to the Maxis site to access those, unless someone from EA tech support gives a rats enough to take care of their valued customers, and if you ever had to make a phone call, be put on hold, you know how that goes. It would be a lot easier, and appreciated if someone could host at least the lost Maxis files.

Diggis

No, there isn't, for a number of reasons:

1. Creator credit and copyright.  People put a lot of work into these and they deserve the credit for it.  The sites here have the stuff in the manner intended by the creators. Additionally it allows them control over the version available and the ability to update it.

2. The file would be huge, very huge, and it would blow through any private websites allowance very quickly with everyone downloading it.

3. You don't need all of these.  In fact you don't need most of them.  If you are downloading from here 90% of the stuff you'll need is on the LEX as well and should be linked to it.  You can click add to download list and then use the BSC downloader to pull it all down in one batch.

Alternatively, most of the files needed are on the BSC DVD which is available for a small donation to help the site run.

crprtr

Vehicle_Props-V3. dat

link does not work where can I get it from.

thanks

rooker1

That prop is by gizmo and here is his site.
Register if you need to, than go to down loads, than to vehicle props.

Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

longtimepcgamer

I need APTX Prop pack 05 & 06 but it is asking for a password at download....can anybody help?
Thanks,
Kevin

Silur

Hi, Kevin ...
You can get APTX Prop Packs on this site ... In Fileexcahange > "Category Search" >  > "Dependency - Props", see APTX Props ... But You must have a separate registration for "Download section" ...
Good luck ...