• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Network Addon Mod June 2009 Release

Started by Andreas, June 21, 2009, 03:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Hello all,

the NAM Team is proud to annouce the June 2009 release of the NAM. :) The NAM Team members have been working hard to add new features, extend the current ones, and fix various bugs as well.

What's new?

• Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM) plugin has been added.
  • GLR-in-Street puzzle pieces plugin has been added.
  • Wide Radius Curve plugin for streets has been added.
  • New FAR intersections have been added.
  • New GLR-in-Avenue puzzle pieces have been added.
  • New GLR-in-Road puzzle pieces have been added, including modular GLR-in-Road roundabout.
  • New FLUP pieces have been added, such as Avenue and OneWayRoad ramps and underground intersections.
  • All GLR puzzle pieces have been modified to minimize the "crash to desktop" bug.
  • Two new Underground Rail puzzle pieces have been added.
  • New Ground Highway Y Interchange has been added.
  • New Data View plugins for improved traffic map have been included.
  • Traffic Plugins have been updated.
  • There are now separate NAM Controller files for RHD and LHD versions of the game.
  • Some RUL, texture and pathing errors have been fixed.

Please note!

As usual, there have been some changes in the file layout; this time, you have to take extra care of the NAM Controller installation. Since there are a few puzzle pieces that need different RULs for LHD versions of the game (i. e. UK and Japanese version), there is a special LHD NAM Controller included. In the installer, the first option in the list of components is a selection between RHD and LHD controller. The LHD option also installs the Left_Hand_Version_Plugin, which is still mandatory. Please make sure that you delete the old NAM Controller (NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat) from your NAM installation folder! This can be done by either uninstalling the old NAM first, or by using the included Cleanitol file.

NAM Essentials

The current NAM Essentials have the same files that are included in the June 2009 NAM, so you don't need to download them. If we find some RUL bugs over the next few days, or if optional NAM plugins will be released/updated, we'll update the NAM Essentials as well. Like in the NAM Installer, there's also a new option to select between RHD and LHD controller. We also created a special file called "NAM Controller Version Marker", which will add an icon to your highway menu (with the NAM Logo on it), and if you hover your cursor over the icon, it will display the version number of the NAM Controller. If it displays an error message, you should check your NAM installation.

The error message is not completely fool-proof, since it can't detect any instances of older NAM Controllers that are loaded after the NAM, but if you follow the troubleshooting guide in the NAM "ReadMe first" document and add some "z" in front of the NAM installation folder name, so it will load last, you should be able to override most older controllers that might be hidden in your plugins folder. We also decided to include both an installer for Windows users and the individual DAT files for Mac users, this should solve the issue for those who were not able to "juice" the previous installer properly.

The CAN-AM

In the NAM installer, you can select between two canal styles (SimGoober's and Callagrafx'). Since the NAM doesn't contain any lots, the ferry terminals for the canal puzzle pieces will be released separately by the BSC. The release will be very soon, but at the moment, only lots for SimGoober's canals have been made. So for the time being, select "SimGoober's canals", if you want to use the CAN-AM.

New Data View Mods

This NAM version includes modified Traffic Volume Data View Mods for all Traffic Plugins. The proper Data View Mod will be installed when selecting a Traffic Plugin. There's also an optional Zone Data View Mod included which makes it easier to build and query your mass transit stations. The mods were provided by z, for more information, please refer to the included readme file, or the support threads that z created.

FLUPs and T-RAM

Chrisim has updated the initial postings of the FLUP and T-RAM threads, so you should read those again for getting the latest information about those NAM plugins. Both items got updated with additional puzzle pieces for even more flexibility.

And now, have fun with the new NAM! :)

Andreas

rjaap

&apls

Woohoo! Thanks guys, can't wait to try!

io_bg

:shocked2: What a surprise!!! Thank you for the hard work! I guess I won't be able to sleep this night after seeing this thread... (too bad I have to go to bed now)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bob56

YAY!!!! THank You so much!!! couldn't of come at a better time! I'm re-doing my plugins after a CPU wipe,

THANKS!!! &apls &apls :) Can't wait to try, especially the new features like CAN-AM
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Ryan B.

Congratulations, guys!  I'm unable to play the game right now - but once I get it back, I'll be happy to take this out for a spin!

darraghf

Thanks Guys. Great work on the new Version. I can't wait until I get to play it!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Haljackey

Nice to hear you were able to help minimize the CTD issues with this release!  Great job!  I can't wait to try out some of these new features!

joelyboy911

I am pleasantly surpised to see a release so soon after the previous one ;D.
When you say "minimize" (I would say minimise) - do you mean "eliminate" or "reduce"? I guess I will find out soon enough for myself.....
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Pat

Wooot another NAM SWEEEEEEETness!!! Thank you all and for sure this will hit the Podcast  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tamorr

joelyboy911:  I believe that means Reduced.

Anyways Great work, and good to hear of the new release. I've patiently been awaiting to try out the CAN-AM. Thank you for all your hard work. :thumbsup:
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Terring7

I have the older N.A.M. and also the S.A.M., R.H.W., H.S.R. and additional bridges. How i need to install the new N.A.M. without having any problem?
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

z

Just follow the directions in the Readme file.  "$Deal"$

kbieniu7

Great work! I hoped to see T-RAM diagonals in new NAM, but I see, a have to wait longer  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Andreas

Quote from: Haljackey on June 21, 2009, 08:30:24 PM
Nice to hear you were able to help minimize the CTD issues with this release!

This means that most GLR puzzle pieces shouldn't cause a CTD anymore, but a handful of them can't be changed that way, so you still need to be careful.
Andreas

FrankU

Hello and thank you!

Did you ever calculate how much money all players of SC4 have not spent on buying new games, just because the NAM makes SC4 still worth wile?

It must be a lot!

Pityfully I have to wait several hours until I can play with it... And then still: only if my little son (see the new children thread) is nice and quiet I will have time....

miggoycor

QUESTION!

Can I use both canals included? I happen to use both.  ;D
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

High5Tower

Have converted over and everything seems to work great. Have picked the " Z_Low " this time and have run about 15 of my cities with it for about 8 years each and everything is just peachy.  :thumbsup: Thank you for your great contribution to this little game. &apls

Andreas

Quote from: miggoycor on June 22, 2009, 02:13:36 AM
Can I use both canals included? I happen to use both.  ;D

No, you can't do that at the moment, since one puzzle piece texture is replacing another. Also, there are no ferry terminal lots for callagrafx' canals yet, so you should install SimGoober's version.

On another note, I've reactivated the old NAM Update versions. Those are intended for players who already have the previous NAM version (the March 2009 version in this case) and don't want to download the full package because of the size. The update is about 50% of the size of the full version. We intend to make better use of the updates in future, this means we might be able to release new NAM updates every month or two, depending on the development progress. Future updates should be even smaller this way, so you don't need to download a 15+ MB package all the time.

Andreas

metasmurf

I really love the new FAR stuff and street curves :) Thanks!