• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mirror's Edge themen city texture pack

Started by Comrade Suhov, March 17, 2009, 12:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrade Suhov

Hi everyone.
I'm new to SC4 custom lots and stuff (but not the SC4 game itself) but i've already seen loads of great mod for game. Recently I've played the new game from EA-DICE - "Mirror's Edge" and I found that design thei used in game is quite amazing. City is mainly white colored with blue, orange, red , yellow and green, while technical stuff (trash cans, pipes, generators and etc. mainly light got light blue color and red). Loads of screens (if you never heard about that game) can be found here (list thunmains for more screenshots). People mainly try to reach more realism with SC4 mods, so let's think about side opposite to realism. :)
It is much of work of course but I think that would be awesome (I have no idea how it turns out in SC4) to have own a megapolis from Mirror's Edge under your command - ME styled buildinggs (scascrapers mainly), monorails, street, cars and even trees.

mightygoose

lol Mirror's edge looks like a 3dsmax render with a lazy texture artist.

on a more serious note it takes alot of time to make even one skyscraper for simcity, to request enough buildingsa to allow someone to make a metropolis out of false colour buildings is a mammoth ask. in addition people will be disenclined to acquiesce to your request due to the fact that many of these ME style buildings will be an unsuitable colour palette for any other type of city.

while it is a cool thought, try making your ME city out of exiasting light blue glass buildings, im sure there are more than a few.

good luck
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....