• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ebina's creations - support thread

Started by ebina, October 01, 2008, 07:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebina

This is support thread for my creations. Post your problems with my creations here.

ebina

My current projects.
A mod for the NAM's Rail Curves/FARR that allows the same behavior as the dragged rails. Dirt texture appears when puzzle pieces are touching zones.

Due to the way how it works, sometimes a part of dirt texture overlaps rails. This side effect may annoy you when taking screenshots. You can see some small noises in the picture.

And subway converter lots for the HSR/GHSR.

I used monorail instead of HSR on purpose to show size of lots. They are 1x1 size, actual lot is under the HSR/GHSR track model as prop.
Tunnel is 3ddz's model. If you were using the first version of HSRP, you'd remember it. He included two different models in his release but one of them(hsrp Tunnel.bak, which is not in the picture above) may not be included for it has a problem with LODs.

dedgren

The NAM Curve/FARR fix would be incredible, ebina.  Thank you so much for all your great work.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Andreas

You never cease to amaze me, ebina. :) Using the old trick that morifari applied to the GLR for HSR is a great idea!
Andreas

snorrelli

Pleased to see you with your own showcase here, ebina:thumbsup: Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

JoeST

that stuff looks great ebina :) will be keeping an eye on this thread ;D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

toxicpiano

the mod is great, look forward to seeing more
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

metasmurf

That curve mod is amazing indeed.  :thumbsup:

ebina

All: Thank you for your interest in my projects.

David: I don't think this one can be called fix for it brings a side effect. This will have to be a separated plugin. If side effect is not acceptable to someone, then he can remove the mod.
I'll upload trial version next week. Please try it and see how noises can be annoying.

Andreas: Morifari's tunnels are exactly what gave me an idea.

Problem is that 3ddz's model was created for draggable tunnel originally. Plopping HSR tunnels onto first tile from hillside is possible but visually bad. Hillside appeared inside the portal. Lots should be plopped onto second tile.

While taking this picture I considered I may need to redo the lots. Tunnel portal can be moved to center of the lot.

ebina

Have uploaded CRRAF(Curved Railroads Automatic Filler). EDIT: Download link has been removed. Please see page 3.
I said it is trial version but it can be full version since nothing will be added anymore.

CRAF(Curved Roads Automatic Filler) is also included in the download. However, noises generated by CRAF are somewhat terrible compared to CRRAF. It would be better to use Jayson(sithlrd98) san's modds that replace texture of puzzle pieces directly, or uroncha's lot based filler.

To test CRRAF, simply copy files to folder that loads after the NAM and NAM curve plugin. For members who don't have FARR, you can test CRRAF using rail 45 curve piece.

Please note that dirt texture that appears around rail curves is same as the ones that appear around networks at farming zones. Thus if you installed any modds that replace dirt texture with something, replaced texture will appear. And if that mod is No Rail Dirt Mod, as it replaces dirt with transparent texture, nothing will appear.

These are samples of what I call "noises", are marked with white circle.

2nd picture from different angle. Noises in 2nd picture cannot be seen but other ones appeared.

Noises appear/disappear by rotating map and changing zoom level. Result can be different on your computer than what I showed.

Fatsuhono

Ebina-san I did not see this thread until now, and I must say, WOW! :thumbsup: These are beautiful new additions to the game!

metasmurf

Cheers for the mod  :thumbsup: It improved the looks in my cities significantly since I use a lot of curves in rural areas.

ebina

HSR subway converter is near completion. The set will contain two different tunnel models and lots for HSR/GHSR of both models. Stats are basically same as the game's elevated rail/subway transition lot. Capacity will be 6,000.

Model A(from hsrp Tunnel new.dat)Model B(from hsrp Tunnel.bak)

Subway needs to be connected in this way. If tunnel portal is facing to north then subway has to be connected to south.

I'm looking for members who would be able to help with creating menu buttons and writing documentation. If you could help please let me know.

Next project is revised version of Underground Rail Sidewalk Mod.

Most noticeable improvement is U-Rail Tunnel Query. Like OWR puzzle pieces show arrows, U-Rail pieces show rail ghost by querying. It allows distinguishing U-Rail roads and normal roads easily, and finding misconnected tiles.

Nardo69

I must confess I haven't used Underground Rail at all yet - haven't had a need for it since I never built a station like Brussels Central.

However these underground rail pieces could be VERY handy in building underpasses for any kind of railways replacing the rail-to-subway converter pieces Buddybud once made als Beta - especially since the subway converters can only do passenger rail (or freight train with some midding). All that would be needed are some entrances for embankment or sunken ...

Just an Idee (unfortunately I cannot BAT ... )

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Andreas

ebina,

I can make some icons once I have the lots, and also compile a readme file, if you provide me with a basic text. We could release those in the same fashion how I released the HSRP station, so it wouldn't be hard for me to use those files as a template.

As for the underground rail, I really like that query feature. Like Bernhard, I haven't used those pieces in my cities before, but I always planned to do so eventually (esp. since Ferox recreated Warsaw central station as a BAT). :)
Andreas

superhands

nice work on those CRRAF :)

dave

ebina

Quote from: Nardo69 on November 14, 2008, 05:28:56 AM
However these underground rail pieces could be VERY handy in building underpasses for any kind of railways replacing the rail-to-subway converter pieces Buddybud once made als Beta - especially since the subway converters can only do passenger rail (or freight train with some midding). All that would be needed are some entrances for embankment or sunken ...
Maybe a kind of OnSlope pieces? I also wanted such pieces but creating puzzle piece is out of my knowledge... &mmm I may be able to create some pieces by copying existing ones, though.

Quote from: Andreas on November 14, 2008, 10:14:27 AM
I can make some icons once I have the lots, and also compile a readme file, if you provide me with a basic text. We could release those in the same fashion how I released the HSRP station, so it wouldn't be hard for me to use those files as a template.
Thanks for offering. Check your PM box, please.

Fatsuhono

Ebina san, the underground rail is really cool. I can't wait to use it, because I am planning an underground train station for my CBD! :)

ebina

Thanks to members who tried the CRRAF/CRAF. There was a request for updating them but I'm not planning to update at this point.

Uploaded beta version of U-Rail Query.
Temprarily removed download link. Updated version will be uploaded next month or so, including RSS for elevated rail dual networking pieces.

This beta includes unofficial update for the NAM Light URail plugin since I had to remove some old textures that are not compatible with new setup of S3Ds. For installation please check simple readme in the download.

I was redoing every S3D for U-Rail from scratch because I learned nice technique from Chrisim's post. It allowed reducing number of textures, I don't need to create road textures for each sidewalk mod separately anymore.

After installing the beta your Underground Rail puzzle pieces will look like the road in the upper side of the images. Roads in the lower side is regular draggable road with regular sidewalk, for comparison. My darkened textures for puzzle pieces are slightly redder than standard textures.
(NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin_02062009.dat)

Jeronij's sidewalk version, combined with the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod.
(NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin_02062009.dat, z_URail_Update_SidewalkTex_Jeronij_MW.dat, zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_URail_02062009.dat and zzzz3_Euro_Textures_Crosswalks_Add_URail.dat)

Sidewalk texture and road textures can be replaced independently. You can use different sidewalk texture and road textures from regular roads if you want. I'll expand this replaceable sidewalk system to Elevated Rail on Road/Street.

Please test the beta and if you have suggestions or found any errors post it here.

ebina

Byproduct from the LTEXT topic, last section of fonts.ini is for the Lot Editor. LE is also able to display Japanese characters. But I might cancel this due to a certain limitation. Is there any demand for translated LE?

"Choose New Building for Lot", "Choose Prop Family" and some cannot be translated(or I might have missed something). They ignore the content of "caption" or "captionres", they seem to be defined in elsewhere.