• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

ElPhantasmo69 actualy if you can get permission from the orignal creator you can upload those wonderful planes? or even link it as a dependceny...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Quote from: patfirefghtr on September 04, 2007, 01:13:41 PM
ElPhantasmo69 actualy if you can get permission from the orignal creator you can upload those wonderful planes?

That would be Microsoft if it was included in their Flight Simulator... ::)
(Kumba's 757s are also converted from another model format, but he had the original creator's permission to upload them)

or even link it as a dependceny...

That wouldn't work since the original model has been converted into a Maxis supported format.

ElPhantasmo69

ElPhantasmo69 actualy if you can get permission from the orignal creator you can upload those wonderful planes? or even link it as a dependceny...

I've been trying to get permission, but have heard nothing as yet. They are add-ons downloaded from a site called surclaro.com and converted into .dxf format using a tool called mdl2dxf. With a bit of time and patience I studied a tutorial on aircraft texturing at this site. With this info and some determination in finding models that will convert properly (mainly flight sim 2000 - 2002)... well, you get the picture.

Competition is getting fierce in Carinthia as UPS is moving in with their 757's...

Pat

ooooooo that is sooooooo sweet ElPhantasmo69 i so would love to get ahold of them as they would look great ingame for everyones realism and thank you for making them in the mean time - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ElPhantasmo69

I can't even help myself. I retextured more 737's, and used a couple from flight sim downloads. (the red + white Canada West for instance).

New service into Victoria, Carinthia from Continental (Los Angeles, Houston); American (Los Angeles, San Jose, Las Vegas); Aloha (Honolulu); Westjet (Calgary, Vancouver); Canada West (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton); Southwest (Los Angeles, San Francisco). Other airlines looking to secure slots into Prince Julian International (VPJ) include Alaska, Aeromexico and Delta. Negotiations are ongoing. Possible East Asian airlines negotiating for slots include Malaysia and Air China, both looking to initiate A330 service into VPJ.

Xiziz

ElPhantasmo69, that black one looks a little wierd, is it a killerwhale? Also, i think you need to tone down the brightness of the textures, they look a littlebit too white.

I mightaswell make a note of it here too; the rumored A320-Series, more information in Voltaire's thread at ST.

ElPhantasmo69

Yup it is. I used this image for texturing help.

Also, how the heck do I adjust the brightness of my textures?! I know they're too white, but I have no idea how to address that.

Xiziz

Photoshop->image->adjustments->brightness/contrast

Thats the easiest way, otherwise it is possible to change it in gmax too, in the material editor, its just a lot more complicated.

iamgoingtoeatyou

is it easy to retexture airplanes to make different liveries? ??? i've seen a whole bunch of people doing it, and if it's easy for my little brain to understand, i might try it :) all these look great, nice job@all ;D

Xiziz

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on September 08, 2007, 06:17:23 PM
is it easy to retexture airplanes to make different liveries? ??? i've seen a whole bunch of people doing it, and if it's easy for my little brain to understand, i might try it :) all these look great, nice job@all ;D

basicly texturing is made into four steps(generalising incase someone else wants to know :P):
1. Fitting UVW-maps (preferably UVW-Unwrapping) in Gmax/3ds which can be rather advanced
2. Creating templates that bend correctly around all the curves and shapes, which i noticed is extremly hard and time consuming
3. Photoshopping the template into a livry, youve got guidlines for where everything is here, so this part is rather easy if you know photoshop
4. Applying the textures in Gmax, can be tricky the first time around, but if someone else has done this its just to switch the textures, also in this step you can adjust several other parameters with the materials from making the transparent to changing the brightness.

Then its just to render as normal and do the LE/reader work.

sEAhAwk fAn121

well getting back on topic :P
heres what i have so far on Saint Helena's International

()stsfd()

bat

Fantastic picture of your airports @ all! :thumbsup:

figui

nice start sEAhAwk fAn121, let us know when it's finished
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

sebes

Phantastic airport seahawk - cannot wait how it will look when it's ready... It will probaly be the-mother-of-all-airports  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Addixtion

Hey, I'm having a problem with RH airport pack by Joerg. When I plop down just about anything the planes or cargo etc do not show up. Can anyone assist me?

canuck3360

I love those airports and man I love the 757's and 737's still working on an AIrRV livery of one of my 757 models off MSFS

in anyrate here's one of 4 International Airports in Rorysvilles Mainland

Island International Airport built 4 miles off the coast of Island City connected by a freeway and subway system

still underconstruction is the Port facility

Serving all of Rorysville from the Aircraft Carrier Airport of Rorysville

figui

canuck3360: that airport is awesome (maybe the rws are bit too short, but i like it very much)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

yes, a fantastic looking airport, canuck3360! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Fantastic airports, but sEAhAwk fAn121 yours, I can't wait to see more.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sEAhAwk fAn121