• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 7!

Your airport is looking great, Bengt! :thumbsup:

jaronamo70

These airports are looking great, everybody &apls

ElPhantasmo69

A little something I've been working on for the past little while. Prince Julian International Airport serves Carinthia's capitol city of Victoria. It serves as a regional hub for several major airlines including United, Air Canada and JAL among others. International carriers including Cathay Pacific, BA, KLM and others fly high-capacity routes into Victoria.

An overview of the Airport complex from the west includes a view of the Cargo facility still under construction near the center. A maintenance facility is planned for the area in the vicinity of the ATCT. The disaster response center will integrate into the maintenance complex, giving quicker access to a potential catastrophe than its current home on the west edge of the terminal.

The International Terminal

Domestic and Regional Gates

Short term parking is located within the ring road, while long term surrounds the rail terminal.

Action captured by plane-spotters; Air Canada about to touch down on runway 18L, while United is on full retro on 18R.

jaronamo70

Really nice airport! I like the runways and the concourses. Great job!

And I must know (and I'm sure this has been asked before), where do you get the 767/777/7-something-7? ()what() :D

ElPhantasmo69

Those are Kumba's 767's props. Use the LE to make your own versions. Get them here!

bat

Your airport is looking very great! Wonderful work, ElPhantasmo69! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Excellent airport, ElPhantasmo69! I can tell there is a lot of time, effort, and talent that went into it! Great job!

rooker1

Very sweet work on that airport ElPhantasmo69!

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sEAhAwk fAn121

heres mine...

it looks better now ill get an updated pic eventually :)

bat

That's a great looking airport, sEAhAwk fAn121! Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

ElPhantasmo69

There have been some interesting developments afoot at Carinthia's PJIA. First off, FedEx has initiated Air Cargo Service, employing units from their 727 fleet. (Crappy textures and all!)

Next, national flag carrier Carinthia Pacific began offering domestic and international service with a fleet of 737's and 757's. CP's routes are currently limited in scope, but there are plans for scaled growth over the course of time to include comprehensive North American service, as well as destinations in Asia, Europe and Australia. CP's fleet has obviously been painted by the same corporation FedEx uses, by the look of things. Meh, not bad for a first effort...

I know - I see the 757 jetway doesn't connect. I've fixed this now, but can't be bothered to make a revised pic.

bat

Great new pictures of your fantastic airport, ElPhantasmo69! :thumbsup:

Chrisadams3997

Nice pics, but did you notice that those jetways don't connect......(just kidding ;), don't think I'd have ever noticed.)  Love the diversity of planes and attention to detail.

Gradonacelnik

Quote from: ElPhantasmo69 on August 25, 2007, 11:24:10 AM
Those are Kumba's 767's props. Use the LE to make your own versions. Get them here!

I just wanted to point out for everyone what just dawned on me.
All of the 757's and 737's are models that you have to add to your airport in the LOTeditor.
If you want to try your hand at making complete airports make sure to get the above mentioned file and do some Loting.

PS Has anyone seen completed ready to use lots on any exchange?

The very excellent posts and airport packs are fabulous. I was overwhelmed by the quality, so when I grabed all of the DL's and started building, I spent an inordinate amount of time hunting for the lots in the maze of choices. Iguess you learn something everyday.

Gradonacelnik

Air-to-Ground Overview shots on Airliners.net has an excellent review of airports all over the globe.

I am using this link as part of research for my airport and came upon what has to be the only airport designed by someone using only SC4.
Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi International (BKK / VTBS)
Linear modular terminals, canals, and an honest to goodness Y stack entrance at the airport. Amazing (at least to me)

This might be OT But what if we had a section to post resource links for different aspects of SC4.

Duvad

Most people seem to have relatively large airports, so here's a contrast. My airport just services a typical Australian city of 220,000. The diagonal runway is just 678m for general aviation. The larger runway is just over 1.9km.

The shots go from old to recent.

Pat

Nice airports everyone and good job  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Duvad

By the way where are those 737 models from, ElPhantasmo69?

bat

Fantastic airport there, Duvad! :thumbsup: Great work!

ElPhantasmo69

Quote from: Duvad on September 03, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
By the way where are those 737 models from, ElPhantasmo69?

They're converted from MS Flight Sim models, then retextured for Carinthia Pacific. It works well for variety's sake, but since they are someone else's work, they can't be uploaded.

Also, FedEx's route was getting a lot of use, so they've added a larger plane to handle the high volume of freight traffic.