• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclone1001

Wow Josh, I didn't know you could build airports that small. Only 4 runways? Got to be a personal low for you.

All joking aside, that is a nice airport.

josh6

I know right? I had a hard time stopping at 4  :D
Thanks

I'm doing a whole mess of work on the airports in my region on the trop so as I get it up I'll post some here.

citysnib

I been playing simcity4 for years and I didn't know that this forum existed.. I always had a love for aviation since I was a kid and you guys and gals rock with what you have done with a bit of imagination creativity and kick ass plugins, I been creating airports in my regions but I feel ashamed of the crap I've done and it's makes me want to meet the standards that you guys have set. I like to create a decent cargo airport, so my plugin folder is full and I have my inspiration from this forum so it's time to buckle down and create a airport I can be proud of and sometime in future I'll post my new and improve airport for you guys and gals to see..Thanks  :D
[/size][/font] 

Terring7

So you want an airport but you don't have a lot of space. No problem, just make it underground ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

nemanjanv7

- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

bat

The hangar is really nice.

art128

Yes nice hangar there for sure!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nza_arch

:thumbsup: I want this one!!! Great idea. . .

It's simply astonishing how far this game is going with all the fantastic content.

Une_ame

Yeap, that's sure a good one !!!  $%Grinno$%

One thing keeps me awake, how are the plane suppose to get airborn ?  ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what()
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

feliwi

Hello together, nice airports everyone. Actually I love airports and love to build them in SC4. So here ist one new of mine.

It's a typical airport of a booming southeast asian city. The major air traffic has been moved to a new airport far off the borders of the city. But the old (showcased here, haven't finished the new one yet) airport still remained openeded. And otherwise than expected there still is lots of air traffic at the old airport. On the one hand low cost carriers use the airport today (especially Air Asia and Air Asia X for long haul services) and on the other hand there are some connections to other asian city airport like Seoul Gimpo or Tokyo Haneda, but also to other cities like Hongkong as an addition to the existing flights to the new airport.
It's located close to the city centre and is completely sorounded by the growing city. Because of the reason that there are no opportunities to expand the airport, space has to be used in a very efficient way.

So let's take a look:
First you can see an overview shot of the airport. The lack of taxiways required some tarmac between the runway an the taxiway just for parking and turning planes.

So let us take a closer look to the terminal. At the right end of the tarmac you can some remote gates with jetbridges. These are used for international services, and due to the lack of space inside the terminal passport controls are inside the small buildings next to the jetbridges.

From the airside . . .

So let us take a look at the airlines serving the airport. As you can see most flights are operated by Southeast Asia's leading low cost carrier Air Asia.

There even are some long haul low cost services by Air Asia X:

But you can also find traditional carriers like ANAs city link to Tokyo Haneda:

Actually Cathay Pacific operates 4 daily flights to Hong Kong filling a A330 each time!

There also are some MRO facilities at the airport. A300 or even B747 still are usual guests at the MRO services. As well a lot of domestic services still use this airport (take a look at all the ATR!):

Obviously there still are some cargo services. But the majority of air cargo moved to the new airport, which is opened 24/7:

Sometimes you still remain waiting at the airport after boarding your plane due to the reason that there is one runway only:

Hope you like it. After the new airport is finished I will show it to you!

apeguy

That's a very nice airport feliwi, it reminds me a lot of Kai Tak Airport, and the terminal is well-made. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

joelyboy911

That's a fantastic airport Feliwi! I always love seeing my planes in other peoples' airports! Great work, and I'm very excited to see  your other new airport that you mentioned!  ;D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Swordmaster

Yes, I must second these comments. That's truly a fantastic airport, there.

[Delta ²k5]

Great looking one! But.... I don't want to drive on one of those Flex Flys :o

leeam1989

Middlesbrough International...
4 Terminals.

magee_b

Here's a sample of an airport area I have been working on over the past little while.

Overview:

Cargo/Hangar Area:

Terminal:

edit: fixed image links

WC_EEND

not wanting to sound rude or anything, but am I seeing this correctly that you are using avenues as runways?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

SCWTC4

i think it's still a WIP, so the avenues are just a placeholder
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Cali

wow, there is no way I could do any of this stuff. very impressive :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

magee_b

Yeah, I use roads/streets as placeholders for taxiways and runways and then build up the surrounding terminals, aprons, support buildings. Just helps give me a quick idea of what the layout will look like in the end. Also keeps the space occupied until the new RMIP wide-runways are complete :thumbsup: