• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

That would be great! They are simple-looking.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

kbieniu7

Small mosiaic from my MD - Kolbrów Airport ;)

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Your airport is a good example for small local airport, great work !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Well, it was supposed to be example of and small international airport, not local.  :D But thanks  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

blade2k5

Nice job on those airports.  The one with the Zeppelins is radically cool.

Quote from: Terring7 on July 01, 2009, 05:57:18 AM
That's why we have computers ;)

Ah, but computers can fail :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

dragonshardz

So can we. There's this thing called unconsciousness, and death. Just a few ways humans can fail.

peter007

Very nice airports all of you
My airport has born today and it's still under construction but here are a few pictures of it

btw The airport's name is Nassair because it is on the island Nassau

io_bg

:shocked2: That's a huuuuuuuuuge parking lot!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

calibanX

Here are a few views of Monument Valley's airport.

Where City and Country Flow Together

tag_one

art128

Nice airport Geoff, I like the design of the terminal. But like I've already said in your MD, I think that the control tower is a bit small for 4 runways..  ;)
-Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

KoV Liberty

Good job Caliban! Heres mine...

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

blade2k5

Quote from: dragonshardz on July 18, 2009, 07:59:38 PM
So can we. There's this thing called unconsciousness, and death. Just a few ways humans can fail.

And it goes round in circles :P

Some really nice looking airports. Excellent work to everyone &apls 

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

The_Hutt

Welcome to Terragen International Airport!

Terragen International Airport is a major aerial gateway located in the fictional Crescent County, California. It is a new focus city for two airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines, and is served by 14 airlines and 2 subsidiaries to 48 destinations in Canada, Great Britain, Japan, and the US. Twenty million passengers passed through the airport in 2008.

The airport has 50 gates and two parallel runways. Runway 18L/36R is 11,020 feet x 150 feet, while Runway 18R/36L 8920 feet x 150 feet. Both are capable of handling full-size jets.

The airport features a large midfield terminal complex and has three concourses. A brand new international terminal is currently under construction, and is slated to open in the summer of 2012. An additional 25-gate satellite concourse to expand domestic capacity is planned but has not been officially approved due to the stagnating economy.

Concourse A is located immediate beyond both security checkpoints, and the layout hugs the terminal building. It has nine gates and is serviced by the following airlines:

• Delta Air Lines: Gates A1-A3 (Atlanta, Cincinnati, New York-JFK, Salt Lake City)
  • JetBlue Airways: Gates A4-A5 (Boston, Long Beach)
  • Continental Airlines: Gates A6-A9 (Cleveland, Honolulu, Houston-Intercontinental, Newark)

Concourse B has 13 gates. It is being used temporarily for international flights until the new Concourse D is completed; however, domestic airlines are still serviced through here as well. Concourse B is served by the following airlines:

• British Airways: Gate B1 (London-Heathrow)
  • Alaska Airlines: Gate B2-B3 (Portland OR, Seattle-Tacoma)
  • Northwest Airlink: Gate B3 (Detroit) Note: Delta Air Lines will be consolidating this flight under their existing merger with Northwest within a matter of months. At that point Alaska Airlines will claim sole control of the gate.
  • Virgin America: Gate B4 (San Francisco) Note: plane shown is Virgin Blue livery temporarily leased to Virgin America
  • Frontier Airlines: Gate B5 (Denver)
  • US Airways: Gates B6-B8 (Charlotte, New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Phoenix)
  • WestJet: Gates B9-B10 (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver)
  • Air Canada Jazz Gate B11 (Vancouver)
  • Horizon Air: Gates B12-B13 (Portland OR, Seattle-Tacoma, Spokane)

Concourse C is a remote concourse connected to the main terminal via a ground-level walkway. It contains 28 gates. The west wing is served by the following airlines:

• United Express: Gates C1-C4 (Boise, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland OR, Reno-Tahoe, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma
  • United Airlines: Gates C5-C13 (Baltimore-Washington, Boston, Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Los Angeles, Orlando, San Francisco, Tokyo-Narita, Washington-Dulles)

The east wing of Concourse C is served by the following airlines:

• American Airlines: Gates C14, C16, C18 (Boston, Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, St. Louis)
  • Southwest Airlines: Gates C15, C17, C19-C28 (Albuquerque, Austin, Burbank, Chicago-Midway, Denver, Houston-Hobby, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Ontario CA, Orange County, Phoenix, Portland OR, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle/Tacoma, Spokane)

Concourse D is currently under construction. When completed, the concourse will contain 12 gates, and the new terminal extension will expand the airport's capacity to handle international transpacific and transatlantic flights. New routes to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Mexico are all under consideration.

Terragen International Airport can be accessed in several ways. Shown above is the intersection of the airport access road with CA Route 21. From the north, CA 21 is an eight-lane freeway that heads into the downtown core. South of the intersection, the freeway narrows to just four lanes and heads into the unincorporated suburbs and rural areas of the south county. This portion passes the airport via a trench that stradles the western taxiways.

Public transportation is available. A number of bus routes serve the airport, and there is also a light-rail connection - CityTrak's Green Line terminates at the airport.

The airport contains several long-term parking lots that are connected to the terminals via shuttle buses. One of these is located in the median of CA 21.

Rental car facilities are available offsite via shuttle bus. These are also in the median of CA 21.

Several hotels are available to passengers passing through. Here is a small selection of them; some are located farther away.

A small general aviation area is located at the north end of the airport.

The main general aviation area is located between the runways on the south side of the airport. Cargo facilities are also based here.

Shown below are some miscellaneous shots:

That's all!

- Nick

allan_kuan1992

omg... The_Hutt... that is HUGE!

Your attention to detail and realism is not missed my friend... that must be one of the best airports I've seen so far.

Now... for some criticism:

- At the north of the airport we find some unrealistic cargo lots... but then again there's no way to avoid that because there are no lots designed for that purpose yet.
- I would like to see some more variety in the hangars that I see... especially with the large ones... but very few of those have been created so...
- The parking lot at this airport is quite large for the needs of the airport it seems... I may be wrong however because most airports of this size have parking garages... and there's none here. A better solution may be to build say an underground parking lot or a raised one of some sort.
- The airport cargo area is sort of positioned in the wrong place if it needed expansion... certainly it can go to the next city tile but a better location may be in the large parking area just below the terminals where a concourse for small planes is located.
- Finally... I see that this airport can only land planes at daylight... with the lack of an ALSF or SSALR. That was to fit the large runways in I guess?

The criticisms aside, I would like to fly into this airport if it were real =P

- Allan Kuan

calibanX

That's a great airport Nick. I love it. I have a small problem though. I seem to have forgotten where I parked my car in that big lot. It's a black Toyota. Could you help me find it?  :D

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

pilotdaryl

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

blade2k5

kevinaj

Hi. This is my first post. This is Barnacle Bay Int'l Airport, located in California Buoy Base, USA.

This is Terminal A

Terminal B

The Regional Tarmac (A.K.A. Terminal R)

The Tarmac reserved for Japan Airlines (A.K.A. Terminal J)

I would like it if someone could tell me what you think of Barnacle Bay Int'l Airport (you can call it BBI).
I love airplanes.